In Game email for coming events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Game email for coming events

Please send in game emails to tell people about the coming events for the next weeks or months.

I don't have a problem with the generally flexible schedule.

However - I also think that simply sending some kind of notice on Wednesday that an Event will begin Friday - AND THEN STICKING TO IT barring catastrophic events - would be generally well received.

The last announcement from Travis regarding ANB Gold15 was the biggest lead time announcement for quite some time.

I don't know the logic or the reasoning which goes into keeping Event announcements so sporadic and almost 'secretive'.

... ktb

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of the time, I don't know until the day before. I knew ahead of time this time because we had to plan a War Supplies (starting Friday) to coincide with a Microsoft promotion.

Originally posted by davidz View Post
    Please send in game emails to tell people about the coming events for the next weeks or months.
    Event dates are not planned out months or weeks in advance. We have to be flexible to account for releases (crash fixes or balance changes). Releases are getting to be fewer and further apart, so hopefully I'll start getting more notice (that I can pass onto you guys).

Comment

• ricklhall
      ricklhall commented
      Editing a comment
      It is bizarre that you do not have lead times well ahead of these event starts. The code for an ANB cycle must be canned after 15 cycles. I have not seen any updates in the 6 months I have been playing. Every ANB I have seen is exactly like the one before.

The developers just need to schedule things out and then stick to it. If the cycle can start tomorrow, then it can start in XX days to give you time to notify us with a reasonable notice. There is no real excuse to just release things without a predetermined notice period.
Working...
X