New ANB idea & some feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ANB idea & some feedback

Hello to Eternium team and everyone else here! Im new in Eternium and this "ANB 19 Silver" is my third challenge/competition. Already have all 795 map stars and all recipes (may be for most of the players this isn't count like achievement at all). Also have the problems with the exit from Oasis map and the game crash when you click here and there on the leaderboards. Found that this two are already discussed many times... with years. I will share here all my impressions and suggestions so far instead to make new post for every single part. I'm not interested about post rating competition
    1. About the leagues confusion.
    1.1. feedback:
    When I start to play everything was fine (and still is)... just I misunderstood and thought that "bronze", "silver" and "gold" leagues pointing different groups of players with different game advancement and when I saw this "ANB - Silver" I made my conclusion that now I'm in the next group of players that are a bit more experienced. This was the reason to enter in the forum looking for explanation how I was "promoted" from "Bronze league" to "Silver league" because my point was: "for now I realy don't want to enter in the Gold one where are the most advanced players cuz probably I will not be able to get that much medals compared with the Silver one". And I found here all the info about the leaderboards system (Contender, Veteran, Master) and the rewards system.
    1.2. suggestion:
    When we click ot ANB icon we see above for example: "A new beginning - Silver league". I suggest to be changed to "A new beginning - Silver competition" (or challenge) which has three leagues (Contender, Veteran, Master) in that particular competition. It sounds more appropriate, because "silver league" or "gold league" made me confused considering that this is used often in other video games to point different groups of players with different stage of experience on that game. But if you see for example: "Silver competition /Veteran league/" sounds better. Even with other name is ok... generally the idea is to be used two different words (not only leagues).
    Also on the same ANB table with small letters I see that I am in Veteran league (which is info) but still doesn't give me any clue what is the number of the leagues. Doesn't give me info where is my league placed among them. Neither that Gold league and Master league (for example) have completely different sense. If you put more info on the same ANB table with small letters will be realy helpful (obviously most of us the players just don't enter on forums... the reasons are different, but in my opinion mostly is just because we think only about the game, not for the forums). I will try to make my idea visible and it is realy simple to be done. On the screenshot I use "challenge" word, but now I think "competition" is much better:

2. Items special abilities with % chance.
    Unique capes, weapons etc. have special abilities and their % values based on chance can be changed when you just in and out from the Blacksmith. Now may be for most of them it is not that important to have the highest value (for example: cape 18% chance to proc and 95 ability rate with 5 stacks is 475 rate. Only 25 less than the maximum 500... who cares) but for me the chance to freeze the attacker is important and whether it is 5% or 10% is a double difference. What happened to me is that I just buy the recipe with 5% freeze in the beginning. I didn't know that I can have 10%. For me this 5% help me sometimes in very "fire" moments and I realy want to have 10% freeze chance. And I can't change this value with in and out from Blacksmith.
    Will be helpful if you make a way to get Glacies Tempestas with 10% chance to freeze the attacker even after I already have recipe with 5%. If I had this in mind from the beginning I definitely will wait Recipe Trader for 10%.
    3. ANB.
    3.1. feedback:
    I realy like ANB competitions. There has many variations to play. I believe that even the oldest Eternium players still don't no about absolutely every single strategy that this game can offer (just my observation so far). I realy like this reward system with medals that we can get in ANB (or seasons) and how they're values grow with every new level and stack with the old one's.
    3.2. suggestion:
    May be surprisingly after what I said above will make this suggestion:
    Make new type ANB that will take a place every time after the Gold one. And this new ANB must to be without using medals, without using Champion Points, open for all the players from all the leagues and everyone starting with 0 gems Im smiling because Im realy sure that this type of competition will be realy interesting and challenging. I think 24 hours time to play maps/trials (again in one week range) is fair considering the zero start. There I see only good sides. Here some of them:
    3.2.1. All players can compete between without any advantages/disadvantages and only the knowledge, the experience, the game playing skills and/or also the creativity of the new players can take place.
    3.2.2. Probably this will bring some new ideas, strategies, new excitement and definitely think that the leaderboard will have different look (not only because the bigger number of players). Some of them that don't have enough medals or/and CP will have the opportunity to show what they can do.
    3.2.3. The Eternium team will have the same work like usually with only one small task. To make all medals and CP to not work for only this kind of ANB and that's it. Let's call it "ANB - cleen & free"
    3.2.4. The prizes...? Similar system like usually or "be creative" and this time can be involved all 6 type of medals. Or maybe it is nice moment that eventualy you can bring some new type of rewards (but in this case it will be a little bit more than just one small task).
    4. Jewelry fusion system is realy nice. I like how flexible is and that I can "shape" they're stats acording my own strategy.
    5. River of Blood map. This is about a bug, but I gess that everyone know that and that's why I just mansion it here like feedback It is not only for River of Blood map. I gess it happens in other maps to:
    https://yourimageshare.com/ib/X43QJ1ZNw8

I pass with blink ability and Marcus remain from the other side I can turn back with Blink if I want. The success is 100% (in my experience).
    This is for now. Hope that my feedback and suggestions are helpful for something to someone.​
    Last edited by Colossal; 11-28-2022, 06:50 PM.

Originally posted by Colossal View Post
    When I start to play everything was fine (and still is)... just I misunderstood and thought that "bronze", "silver" and "gold" leagues pointing different groups of players with different game advancement...
    When ANB event first came out, you had to rank high enough in Bronze to get a Silver Ticket, so they actually used to be "leagues". It's just an old holdover that hasn't been changed.

2. Items special abilities with % chance.
    I think what you're asking for here is to just have the variable % chance listed on the recipe for unique items (i.e. [5-10]% chance to xyz).

Make new type ANB that will take a place every time after the Gold one. And this new ANB must to be without using medals, without using Champion Points, open for all the players from all the leagues and everyone starting with 0 gems Im smiling because Im realy sure that this type of competition will be realy interesting and challenging. I think 24 hours time to play maps/trials (again in one week range) is fair considering the zero start.
    So you're saying no Champion Levels? All players start with a level 1 hero, then reach hero level 70 and compete with a level 70 hero? Aside from that, I will say that starting with 0 Gems will definitely make it P2W. Also, only having 24 hours won't go over well. This is why we have 2 separate timers (event timer and play timer)...so people with day jobs, families, etc. aren't forced to rearrange their real lives to compete.

Comment

About the word "league" understand.

About the recipe - Yes. What you said will be good enough.

About the ANB I said "24 hours time to play maps/trials (again in one week range)". That means they will play 24 hours for seven days (it can be 9 days and using the Gems from the main char like usually). The point is at least without medals. It will be once in every 4 ANB. Like this: bronze, silver, gold, new ANB and repeat. Is not too often and is easy to be made.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        About the ANB I said "24 hours time to play maps/trials (again in one week range)". That means they will play 24 hours for seven days (it can be 9 days and using the Gems from the main char like usually).
        I must have missed this on my initial read through.

The point is at least without medals.
        Medals don't make as big of a difference as you think they do. Gameplay experience is a much heavier component. https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...ro-medals-test

• Colossal
        Colossal commented
        Editing a comment
        Travis, about the medals I checked the mage leaderboard top 30 and yea... you are right. Number 10 - Mary has beaten trial 161 with only few medals.
        My conclusion is that I still don't know very well the game to provide better and reasonable suggestions!

The Glacies Tempestas 5% chance to freeze vs 10% chance to freeze is a result of a past balancing change a few years ago. Those that had crafted a Glacies Tempestas prior to that change had the 10% chance, any such tomes crafted after the change have the lower 5% chance. As was usual back then with balancing, existing items were not changed so you'll see on Season leaderboards that the older weapons still have the higher %. I'd argue that the lower 5% chance to freeze is actually preferable, certainly at high level play, since careful control of Crowd Control immunity is important in beating those highest level Trials, so building extra immunity on enemies through random unwanted Freeze procs can (albeit in a small way) upset your overall crowd control measures.

Comment

• Colossal
        Colossal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info Wispy. I was notice that some people have 10% and that's why start to feel like I miss something valuable, but now you prove that I'm not.
    Working...
    X