Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separate "cannot play while offline" and "cannot play after the event has ended" errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate "cannot play while offline" and "cannot play after the event has ended" errors

Hi,

First post here, got a few issues to report:
    1. Separate "cannot play while offline" and "cannot play after the event has ended" errors

Many times during events I've encountered the error "Event heroes cannot play while offline or after the event has ended". It drives me crazy checking my internet connection (which most of the times is up with no issues), even if the event says there's still some time left to play.

Please use different conditions and report individual issues clearly (either the game determined my internet connection is down OR the event has ended), do not let me go into a rabbit hole of frustration.
      Code:
      	if (net_connection_down()) {
      	    throw "Event heroes cannot play while offline"
      	}

if (event_ended()) {
      	    throw "Event heroes cannot play after the event has ended"
      	}
      	​
    2. Allow non-jewelry socketed items to be unsocketed by any hero class, regardless of the hero class that the item (armor, weapons, shields etc) belongs to!

For example, when finishing an event with a hero of type "Mage" you get to transfer the looted items to one of the regular heroes. If my only regular hero is of a different type (Warrior or Bounty Hunter) then whatever socketed non-jewelry items I've looted with the Mage cannot be unsocketed by the other hero classes - there's no button to "Unsocket"! This can be a "healthy" source of frustration, as you can have many high level gemstones unusable!
    This is it for the moment, thanks for an awesome game!

1. I like the idea, but I'm not so sure if it's as easy to implement as you infer as a single line of code, though.

2. I've simply got into the habit (i.e. one of those tasks you have to do) -- since my first ANB -- to simply unsocket any jewelry and gear just before I end an Event. It does incur some gold cost, but this extra step is well worth it in the long run, IMHO. The gems are then available for use by any class.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
      1. I like the idea, but I'm not so sure if it's as easy to implement as you infer as a single line of code, though.
      The pseudo code was meant to convey my meaning, but I don't see how hard it is to separate the two conditions, they're very different states of very different resources I'd say.

Your suggestion for the second point sounds like the only option for now but when I'm in the mood to play it and this gets in my way I just rather close the game and forget about it. Or just forget about the issue and end the event to get to playing, getting into the frustrating bug again (and again and so on). I wonder how many bits of code should be changed to the condition whether to show the "Unsocket" button... Without knowing the code behind it, I'd wager it's a minute job (devs, correct me if I'm wrong). There should be absolutely no restriction regarding to character class or level in order to Unsocket gemstones from any socketed items.
      Last edited by mkz; 05-16-2024, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X