No announcement yet.

Suggested Warrior Improvement: Make Blade Flurry Automatic and Instant Cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they ever plan on fixing the bug that sometimes after blade flurry my guy stops attacking? It happens in the newest update, and it's one of the reasons I don't like pressing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
      Do they ever plan on fixing the bug that sometimes after blade flurry my guy stops attacking? It happens in the newest update, and it's one of the reasons I don't like pressing it.
      This is the first issue which cause a lot of problems when there is a lot of mobs around = instant death (it was disscussed some time ago if I remember but is still not fixed).

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
        Originally posted by Mohin View Post
        This is the first issue which cause a lot of problems when there is a lot of mobs around = instant death (it was disscussed some time ago if I remember but is still not fixed).
        I'm certain it was also discussed before this date, but here's a post on it from 7/2015. This bug has been around FOR YEARS.
        VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
        Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
          I'm certain it was also discussed before this date, but here's a post on it from 7/2015. This bug has been around FOR YEARS.
          I know, I saw that post a year ago, that's why I said "ever".

Comment

Yes, I am sure this will be changed soon, let's hope.
            I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
            Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
              I know it's tempting to make the Blade Flurry auto cast but I see one problem with that approach: You lose the control of your character while the Blade Flurry animation is playing, maybe you want to move out of a dangerous area instead of performing Blade Flurry.
              Also, the initial intention of Blade Flurry was to give players a button to press from time to time. Players paying attention to the proc can optimize their DPS this way.

As it is right now it has several usability issues:
              - the proc activation is not visible enough and can be missed
              - the button is poorly placed and too small
              - there's no keyboard shortcut for it on Windows
              - the animation is taking too much time

How about we fix these issues and see how it works?
              Thank you for your interest and response.

I like these suggested improvements and understand your philosophy behind the current skill mechanics. The faster cast time would be welcomed by all and I think placing a keyboard shortcut alleviates all of my user experience issues on the PC platform. The PC users can just spam the key to maximize dps when needed.

However, I am not sure if we so clear of a solution on mobile devices for a press-to-cast skill. A larger icon will not look as aesthetic as the sleek current icon, and there is no way to add a hard key shortcut for all devices. In my view it would be a shame to have to clutter up the screen with large ‘press me’ buttons for skills like Blade Flurry or Shield Block but I do think allowing the user to choose either the left or right side of the screen for proc pop-ups would be helpful (depending if you are left or right handed). All things considered, I am still leaning towards an auto cast option for mobile devices.

Either way, I will be happy to try whatever changes to the skill after the next update, and then give further feedback.
              Just another Diablo player reliving the past on his phone.
              Started Playing 10/28/2016
              SUFU VOJA QIQE 8575

Comment

Originally posted by multiforus View Post
                Thank you for your interest and response.

I like these suggested improvements and understand your philosophy behind the current skill mechanics. The faster cast time would be welcomed by all and I think placing a keyboard shortcut alleviates all of my user experience issues on the PC platform. The PC users can just spam the key to maximize dps when needed.

However, I am not sure if we so clear of a solution on mobile devices for a press-to-cast skill. A larger icon will not look as aesthetic as the sleek current icon, and there is no way to add a hard key shortcut for all devices. In my view it would be a shame to have to clutter up the screen with large ‘press me’ buttons for skills like Blade Flurry or Shield Block but I do think allowing the user to choose either the left or right side of the screen for proc pop-ups would be helpful (depending if you are left or right handed). All things considered, I am still leaning towards an auto cast option for mobile devices.

Either way, I will be happy to try whatever changes to the skill after the next update, and then give further feedback.
                As I mentioned on the page before this one:

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                Adrian, may I add one other issue: - Blade Flurry will select a random target. A bit disparaging when you're trying to mow down an Elite amidst several minor summoned minions and Flurry goes all out against the minions instead of the Elite...

How about double-click / double-tap** on the target to activate it, with the current button basically becoming a "notifier" that you have an open window to do so? Would solve the problem with misclicking and running away from a mob instead of Flurrying, and should be easy enough to "process" even in complicated fights.

** -> I mean tap-tap, in quick sequence, not like the two-finger-tap you already use for the secondary attack. A double 2-finger-tap would also activate the Flurry, of course.

Comment

Blade Flurry won't have those problems, it won't have Arc's downside because it is a AoE skill, neither will have to choose between AoE or single target because the skill doesn't need any support gems to work, in contrast to Incinerate.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin9 View Post
                    Blade Flurry won't have those problems, it won't have Arc's downside because it is a AoE skill, neither will have to choose between AoE or single target because the skill doesn't need any support gems to work, in contrast to Incinerate.
                    I believe you're talking about a different game! Path of Exile, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

I believe you're talking about a different game! Path of Exile, perhaps? UPSers
                      Yes, you are right

Comment

Working...
                      X