Stat Re-rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stat Re-rolls

This has been mentioned a few times and I believe I've read that the devs have toyed with the idea, so I just wanted to expand on that a bit. We don't know if it's coming or not, but it would be great if it could work something like this if it was incorporated:

1) Re-roll a selected stat on an item. To keep rarity intact, not more than one stat per item should be allowed.

2) The way it could work would be that let's say you get

Armor,
    Vitality,
    Power,
    Attack Speed

and you want to re-roll Armor for something offensive.

So you pay a fixed gem cost and it re-rolls the stat into one the item doesn't have; for example Extra Gold (yay). Then you want to re-roll again; the re-roll result pool now excludes Extra Gold too so you can't get Armor, Vitality, Power, Attack Speed or Extra Gold anymore. This way after a couple of re-rolls you'd get somewhere on an item; if only one re-roll was allowed instead, there's a pretty good chance you'd end up with another useless stat.

Yes, you could get a low roll of a good stat this way - 72 Crit, for example - but you'd just have to suck it up, it's still loads better than having something useless.

3) It could all be added to the game in what was mentioned will be the "player hometown". Have a Blacksmith who can re-roll a stat (re-forge an item) for you. Click to interact, give the blacksmith an item you want to re-roll, done. It can be done instantly or with a small wait (doesn't really make a huge difference).

It would help decrease RNG-dependency and ease grinding at higher levels while giving people something to spend gems/gold on.

Anyway, just an idea. May or may not happen, it's probably not hugely high priority and that's understandable.

I would roll attack speed off that item and hope for crit damage. I like armour and vit.
    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
      I would roll attack speed off that item and hope for crit damage. I like armour and vit.
      This brings up a question. What is the best stat to increase dps, and in what order? Power, Crit Rating, Crit Damage, AS?

How about survivability? Vitality, Armor, LoH, Regen?

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
        This brings up a question. What is the best stat to increase dps, and in what order? Power, Crit Rating, Crit Damage, AS?

It's totally dependent on what you currently have, that's why there's a spreadsheet for where to put your cl's. (Although I would assume Regen is never helpful.)

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
          Although I would assume Regen is never helpful
          Regen was helpfull in my naked bh series. If your low life and play slow regen is not to bad as you dont need to be in combat to recover. Regen should be changed to % of your life regen.
          Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post

Crit damage is best then power....crit rating and attack speed you cover with CL so this is where you should have vit movement speed, XP, other special stats.
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

@ Led: I was mostly referring to Mage - if it were Warrior, I'd keep Armour and Vitality too.

Comment

I believe it's part of a future update where you can reroll stats for the cost of some gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                  Crit damage is best then power....crit rating and attack speed you cover with CL so this is where you should have vit movement speed, XP, other special stats.
                  Interesting. I thought Power is the most important for a Mage. How does crit damage increase DPS more than pure Power?

I have been adding CL into power so far. Is there a good write up on where/how to spend CLs?

Comment

CL into power is a waste. I have mentioned before.......
                    CL goes into CR then it goes to attackspeed.
                    You only get crit dam from items so they need to have it.
                    You get power from gemstones.
                    Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

@Zudd: There's a formula/spreadsheet for where to put your CP to gain maximum damage, it's stickied here on the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
                        I believe it's part of a future update where you can reroll stats for the cost of some gems.
                        So there still wont be a use for gold, besides crafting jewelry ?!?!
                        TEVA VISE YOYU 8451

Comment

Originally posted by Ivx View Post
                          @Zudd: There's a formula/spreadsheet for where to put your CP to gain maximum damage, it's stickied here on the Forum.
                          I believe LED's observations on where to spend your CL vs. what gems to socket vs. what stats to have on items are based not so much on that formula but rather on the comparison of what you can get with one option vs. another.

Example: 100 CL points would give you 250 power or 500 CR or 50% AS. That's the equivalent of *5* perfect Rubies but 10 perfect Topazes / 10 perfect Sapphires. Also, 250 power can be easily had on a Legendary ring, whilst 50% AS not so much.

And in terms of item stats, the max is 90 power, 90 CR, and 14.4% AS. So one item can give you 36% of what the 100 CL points in Power would get you, vs. 28.8% of what they'd get you in AS and 18% of what they'd get you in CR.

As to crit damage, I believe his point is that, since it can't be boosted by gems in jewelry fusion, it can't be "beefed up" into a Legendary Ring, and thus it's best to get it on the items themselves, since 1 CL point is just +1% CR and on items you can easily have +50%.

@LED -> did I get that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                            I believe LED's observations on where to spend your CL vs. what gems to socket vs. what stats to have on items are based not so much on that formula but rather on the comparison of what you can get with one option vs. another.

Example: 100 CL points would give you 250 power or 500 CR or 50% AS. That's the equivalent of *5* perfect Rubies but 10 perfect Topazes / 10 perfect Sapphires. Also, 250 power can be easily had on a Legendary ring, whilst 50% AS not so much.

And in terms of item stats, the max is 90 power, 90 CR, and 14.4% AS. So one item can give you 36% of what the 100 CL points in Power would get you, vs. 28.8% of what they'd get you in AS and 18% of what they'd get you in CR.

As to crit damage, I believe his point is that, since it can't be boosted by gems in jewelry fusion, it can't be "beefed up" into a Legendary Ring, and thus it's best to get it on the items themselves, since 1 CL point is just +1% CR and on items you can easily have +50%.

@LED -> did I get that right?
                            I might as well retire from posting. I could not have said it better. I have said it so many times i dont explain in detail anymore i just say what to do. Your above post was perfect. Its about the perfect balance and all combined just right gives much better overall results.
                            Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Visionmaster View Post
                              So there still wont be a use for gold, besides crafting jewelry ?!?!
                              There will never be a use for gold. You cant even turn gold off....all it does is give the illusion of improvement
                              Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Working...
                              X