No announcement yet.

Stat Re-rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why everyone keep saying there won't be a use for gold?
    Let's think for a moment and learn to appreciate the fact that we don't have to spend our precious gems on ability upgrades, daily crap crafting, jewelries & crafting, gemstone removal, stash expansion and some in-store purchases.
    If they're charging gems, people will start bitching about it.
    People are so hard to be pleased. I feel pity for the devs.
    Last edited by toot; 04-06-2017, 03:31 PM.
    DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
      Why everyone keep saying there won't be a use for gold?
      Let's think for a moment and learn to appreciate the fact that we don't have to spend our precious gems on ability upgrades, daily crap crafting, jewelries & crafting, gemstone removal, stash expansion and some in-store purchases.
      If they're charging gems, people will start bitching about it.
      I feel pity for the devs.
      I believe what LED and others mean is that it becomes useless beyond a certain level:

- skill upgrades you eventually do them all
      - jewelry crafting does drain a bit, but it's something you do 1x when you have enough gemstones
      - stash expansion costs gems (rather than gold) beyond a certain point
      - the in-store purchases you can purchase with gold all eventually become subpar to your gear
      - crafting is limited to 1x/day, so even with 5 characters, it's a cost that you recover from in a single map run of playing
      - gemstone removal, again something you don't often do, and trivial to recoup from the 500g it costs

The first jewelry set I crafted (lvl 55 I think) I was limited by gold... but not for quite some time now. Would be nice to have some high-end uses for gold (1M+) rather than just see it pile up more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
        ...Would be nice to have some high-end uses for gold (1M+) rather than just see it pile up more and more.
        Aah... yes, we're complaining for getting too much gold from drops.
        Perhaps they should make gold a scarce commodity and drop at smaller amount till we're begging for more.
        That should've probably solve our excessive gold dilemma.
        DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
          Aah... yes, we're complaining for getting too much gold from drops.
          Perhaps they should make gold a scarce commodity and drop at smaller amount till we're begging for more.
          That should've probably solve our excessive gold dilemma.
          Or they just make gold +-500% (negative) once you get over 500cl so it's very hard to get for the people who don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
            Or they just make gold +-500% (negative) once you get over 500cl so it's very hard to get for the people who don't need it.
            LOL. That could work well too.
            DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

I believe LED's observations on where to spend your CL vs. what gems to socket vs. what stats to have on items are based not so much on that formula but rather on the comparison of what you can get with one option vs. another.

Example: 100 CL points would give you 250 power or 500 CR or 50% AS. That's the equivalent of *5* perfect Rubies but 10 perfect Topazes / 10 perfect Sapphires. Also, 250 power can be easily had on a Legendary ring, whilst 50% AS not so much.

And in terms of item stats, the max is 90 power, 90 CR, and 14.4% AS. So one item can give you 36% of what the 100 CL points in Power would get you, vs. 28.8% of what they'd get you in AS and 18% of what they'd get you in CR.

As to crit damage, I believe his point is that, since it can't be boosted by gems in jewelry fusion, it can't be "beefed up" into a Legendary Ring, and thus it's best to get it on the items themselves, since 1 CL point is just +1% CR and on items you can easily have +50%.

@LED -> did I get that right?
              Wow, this helps tremendously. Thank you Jose!

Comment

I believe what LED and others mean is that it becomes useless beyond a certain level:

- skill upgrades you eventually do them all
                - jewelry crafting does drain a bit, but it's something you do 1x when you have enough gemstones
                - stash expansion costs gems (rather than gold) beyond a certain point
                - the in-store purchases you can purchase with gold all eventually become subpar to your gear
                - crafting is limited to 1x/day, so even with 5 characters, it's a cost that you recover from in a single map run of playing
                - gemstone removal, again something you don't often do, and trivial to recoup from the 500g it costs

The first jewelry set I crafted (lvl 55 I think) I was limited by gold... but not for quite some time now. Would be nice to have some high-end uses for gold (1M+) rather than just see it pile up more and more.
                As a newer player, I would be very disappointed if the Devs change the gold status. I can see the maxxed out players who have played for a long time with heaps of gold. Us newer players are thankful to have the supply of gold presently. I find myself running out of gold on a regular basis, and I am sure most other new players, or casual players, do not have heaps of gold lying about either.

Comment

Why not just turn gold off? its a game graphic we don't need to see. Make all things costing gold free and remove it from the game. That way we don't need a way to spend it. It's silly that every mob I kill and I kill a lot of them drop gold, why...I cant even use it.
                  Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                  The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                  HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                    Why not just turn gold off? its a game graphic we don't need to see. Make all things costing gold free and remove it from the game. That way we don't need a way to spend it. It's silly that every mob I kill and I kill a lot of them drop gold, why...I cant even use it.
                    I have to agree with Zudd here - it IS of interest until you reach a certain level. The need for gold makes it cooler to actually pick up those items that you end up selling anyway (you know, the 99(.99)%), and it's a fun aspect of the game until you amass too much and run out of uses for it. I think the correct direction of change would be to have more uses for gold at my level and even yours. Stash / inventory expansion could cost a hefty gold sum (1M+ for the last levels) instead of a hefty gems sum. If you could reroll stats on items at a cost of 10000g a pop, I'm sure even you would find it interesting again. etc etc.

Comment

I have to agree with Zudd here - it IS of interest until you reach a certain level. The need for gold makes it cooler to actually pick up those items that you end up selling anyway (you know, the 99(.99)%), and it's a fun aspect of the game until you amass too much and run out of uses for it. I think the correct direction of change would be to have more uses for gold at my level and even yours. Stash / inventory expansion could cost a hefty gold sum (1M+ for the last levels) instead of a hefty gems sum. If you could reroll stats on items at a cost of 10000g a pop, I'm sure even you would find it interesting again. etc etc.
                      your dreaming if you think they will let us roll a stat for gold. that will be like 1000 gems a roll. The problem is they have a premium currency and everything important will cost gems.

don't get me wrong..i would love your suggestion of 100,000g per roll
                      Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                      The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                      HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                        your dreaming if you think they will let us roll a stat for gold. that will be like 1000 gems a roll. The problem is they have a premium currency and everything important will cost gems.

don't get me wrong..i would love your suggestion of 100,000g per roll
                        The "everything important will cost gems" is a double-edged sword. If you have game items which cost gems and no-one is paying them (e.g. locked chest, most items in the store except the bag of gemstones and the minions), you are losing money (since it cost you to implement said game items).

10, 20, 50 gems you look at it like "I can get this easily through normal gameplay". So that's like gold! (with a multiplying factor of about 10000x) These gems costs, the way the game is made, also don't really generate a revenue to the devs/publisher, since it is trivial to re-acquire that many.

100 - 500 gems is kind of on the fence. You still look at it the same way, but you are more stringent and probably expect to reliably get something good out of your spending (you wouldn't spend these to open a locked chest; maybe *you* would spend this much to reroll a stat; I wouldn't (not enough gems total), etc.).

500+ it better be REALLY, reliably, worth it. If it's not, no-one will bother, and so much for the "premium currency".

There's a lot of successful things in the game implemented at these higher cost levels - ability slots and item socketing, notably. And it's the sort of cost that, if desirable, does motivate one to buy one of the gems packs. But if NOT desirable, then having it cost gems is a shot in the foot -> no-one will pay, no-one will use, no-one will benefit.

In other words -> Beefing up the stats on an items by 10% (a certain and fairly significant benefit) could be made to cost 1000gems. Stat re-rolling could not.

That "region" - let's call it "stuff that higher level players might desire to do but which is far from a certain benefit" - is where gold (tons of gold) should be put to use. Sure, it could also cost some gems, but per my first example that wouldn't really generate more revenue. So might as well make gold usable and improve the game itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X