Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An exit/quit function for mobile

Hi support/developers,

I was wondering if it could be made possible to add a button in the main screen for quitting the game?
    That would be nicer than shutting it down via the android "task mananger"

Looking forward to your reaction.
    TEVA VISE YOYU 8451

Actually you can shut down the app in android mobiles without going through task manager by following these tedious steps:

1) Log out of your account.
    2) Close the login screen. It'll then bring to the character selection screen.
    3) On your mobile, press the Back/Return button.
    4) The game will now ask "Are you sure you want to quit the game? -Yes/No" ...and there you go.
    DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Unfortunately, we had to remove the "exit" button because it was causing crashes. Now, like a lot of apps, the quickest way to close the game is to go to your task switcher and swipe the game upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
        Unfortunately, we had to remove the "exit" button because it was causing crashes. Now, like a lot of apps, the quickest way to close the game is to go to your task switcher and swipe the game upwards.
        On my phone that doesn't clear it from ram, and on my specific phone model, when the ram is full, instead of closing background apps it messes with systemui, and the clock stops refreshing (it usually happens like twice a day). I have a BLU R1 HD. I know many people who have this phone and almost all of them complain about this to me. I can only get the clock to refresh by going to the app info of this app and force stopping it.

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
          Actually you can shut down the app in android mobiles without going through task manager by following these tedious steps:

1) Log out of your account.
          2) Close the login screen. It'll then bring to the character selection screen.
          3) On your mobile, press the Back/Return button.
          4) The game will now ask "Are you sure you want to quit the game? -Yes/No" ...and there you go.
          That is indeed quite tedious, i would then stick to my "old" method and quit to main and open task manager and swipe sideways.
          Then i wouldn't need to log back in the next time i open the game and is faster too i reckon.

It's a shame that the exit button caused crashing.
          All the games i have handle an exit function just fine. 😓
          TEVA VISE YOYU 8451

Comment

@Humus- have you tried one of the battery optimizer programs? I can't recall which was best, but there's one that you can run that will force quit extraneous apps for you, ostensibly for the battery but also for memory issues.
            POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rathmon View Post
              @Humus- have you tried one of the battery optimizer programs? I can't recall which was best, but there's one that you can run that will force quit extraneous apps for you, ostensibly for the battery but also for memory issues.
              Oh the snake oil ones? Any suggestions for a lightweight one that I can kill just the game with? I mean like a few kb big, without ads, preferably open source.

Comment

The app is probably crashing on quit because it is attempting to do a "c!ean shutdown"', freeing the heap, etc.. imho clean shutdowns are a mistake -- you should rely on the os to do its job, make sure you can handle app crashes, and then just implement the "quit" functionality by sending yourself the equivalent of a "sigkill". Remember: failure to write code to deallocate objects does not constitute a memory leak unless those objects accumulate endlessly with app activity.

Comment

Working...
                X