Performance very bad after last beta update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance very bad after last beta update

First off, I never had any performance issues with the game before. It displayed fluently even on highest settings, with atmosphere effects and maximum zoomout. That's why I got myself a Lenovo Yoga TabPro 3 10.0 in the first place, because of the superior GPU. So no, it's not my tablet causing this.

With the last update, the framerate went down, scrolling is slow and sometimes choppy, animations are skipped, lag-jumps happen, leaping into a group always causes a 0.5 second freeze, and so on. But the worst part is that the controls are reacting slower than before. This happens even with few or no enemies around.

I don't know what you "improved", but it's affecting performance, noticeably. Playing like this is no fun. Actually, it's mostly just tiring now. I barely even want to do dailies.

Posting this so you know and can get it fixed.
    Useful links, for my use and for yours...
    http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
    Google site search for these forums
    (more to follow)

What's your version?
    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

I'm currently on Version 1.2.33.
      (more to follow)

Comment

Same here. Has done a bit of performance testing but as far as I know the logo changing is the only difference. It might not be the error in game. Clear the app chase.
        I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
        Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

It could be version 1.2.32, I also notice ( I thought that is my device problem maybe) the problem with slow scrolling and problems sometimes with recognizing gestures. I don't know what they change exactly in this version comparing to 1.2.30

Comment

So, clearing the cache did fix it. Seems like some remnants from the previous version were causing trouble. There's still the occasional small stutter (~0.1sec), but that's nothing in comparison. Now it's playable and enjoyable again.

Thanks for the quick help.

Edit: Mohin, it could actually be from 1.2.32 too, yes.
            (more to follow)

Comment

I noticed when doing larger pulls on the broken dragon i lag bad now....that never used to happen
              Led

The needer of Nerfs,
              The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
              HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                I noticed when doing larger pulls on the broken dragon i lag bad now....that never used to happen
                Do you want to see the lag? Put your reflect gear and Rylocke's Shield (95% block with casting Shield Block) go to trial and find a monster with reflect aura, then pull as many monsters as you can together with active aura cast WW. My game can lock my phone for a long time
                Last edited by ; 05-08-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
                  So, clearing the cache did fix it.
                  It would seem that I have to retract that statement. Just loaded up temple, and again there were heavy stutters when moving towards a bigger group and longer freezes and lags when leaping.

Apparently clearing the cache did not remove the root cause of the problem.
                  (more to follow)

Comment

Hope that gets fixed before release this time... It happened a few updates ago too.

Comment

Try the following (in order):
                      # Open your app manager and find Eternium.
                      # Force close the app.
                      # Clear the app data/cache.
                      # Uninstall the app.
                      # Restart the device.
                      # Make sure you have a stable network connection.
                      # Go to the App Store and re-install the app.
                      # Launch the game and login.
                      # Select the first level in Act 1, tap "play", then allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start".

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
                        # Force close the app.
                        # Uninstall the app.
                        # Restart the device.
                        # Select the first level in Act 1, tap "play", then allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start".
                        This did not fix my new lag issues.

The game is fine if I fight less then 15 things at the same time......
                        Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                        The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                        HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

I'm on 1.2.33 and don't see any lag at all. I played .30 and .32 and never had an issue.

My settings​ are View 150%, 3d creature 83%, multi-core on, framerate limit on, and floating number on for testing. This is on a Moto Z Play.
                          POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
                            # Force close the app.
                            # Uninstall the app.
                            # Restart the device.
                            Did as suggested, and after playing a few test levels, several different ones, there have been no major, fun-breaking issues. A cautious thank you, hoping that the troubles are fixed now and don't come back like before.

What remains is an occasional 0.1-0.3sec freeze just before a larger group of enemies comes into view, and some small stutters in the approaching animations of leap, charge and sometimes whirlwind when moving into a group. A minor annoyance, but nothing that spoils the game.

If I had to place a bet, and this is mostly a shot in the dark with a double blindfold and both eyes gouged out, I'd figure that the methods for loading enemy data and calculating damage may have some resource conflict either among each other or with methods used while moving/scrolling. You probably already did that, but I'd first be checking the performance of the RNG algorithms.

Reinstalling the game and content reminded me of something: Content retrieval is normally handled very well, user-friendly and fail-safe. The content for the last updates (after 1.2.32) however, was downloaded right in the splash screen, with no opt-out, so it was either wait or exit per home button. I guess that's just the beta aspect, the price you pay for early access...

Edit: I just gave Out of Nowhere another run, and had the same small freezes on enemy spawn during stationary combat.
                            Last edited by Estharon; 05-10-2017, 06:32 PM. Reason: update info
                            (more to follow)

Comment

I played Out of Nowhere on Legendary then a few times on Normal and saw no freezing or pausing. And on Normal I barely moved and only used traps without firing a shot to clear it.
                              POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                              X