Damage Reflect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damage Reflect

First, let me say that "reforge" is AWESOME. Thank you!

Now, to my suggestion.

Damage Reflect, basically, sucks. I have it at nearly 2,000 by using jewelry and eq, and I have a Rylocke's Defender that shoots out lightning 49 percent of the time at 500 percent of my base damage reflect, which is 10,000 damage, but my tank build just cannot compete with offensive builds at clearing levels or trials.

What if damage reflect was TRULY reflection, such as what mobs get, and turned some of the damage you take back on the attacker? So, if some big lich shoots you for 10,000 damage, if you block it, the damage is reduced by your reflect. The attacker then takes the reflected damage.

I don't know enough about coding to know if that would work. It would, however, make damage reflect much more useful and prevent "carbon copy" characters.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

Charles

I've missed this thread completely, so sorry for being late to the party... but this is a great idea.

One of the biggest problems of reflect is that it becomes useless at higher levels. It does not scale up to the life of monsters, especially on heroic/legendary. The monsters get tougher, but your reflect value is stuck at 360 per piece. Since the monsters also do considerable damage at that point, and you lose the 40% extra LoH from dual wield, a reflect build, or even any shield build, can be very hard to sustain.

This could raise the current cap on survivability, more precisely on damage reduction, and make characters less prone to one-shot kills.

At the current state of the game, the HP bar is usually either full and flickering a bit, or you're dead. There is very little transition time between full health and no health, and rarely any time to react to a potentially lethal situation. But this span of time, when you see your HP bar going down and have to react, all while channeling good old "ohshitohshitoshitimgonnadie" Rincewind, is what makes a game exciting. I had this when I fought Elban in the early thirties, but never again. It's usually just jump-crit-kill-restart, without any tension buildup.

Putting more emphasis on damage reduction instead of constant recovery (here's looking at you, LoH) could fix that. It would also make healing skills like shockwave more interesting.
    Last edited by Estharon; 06-18-2017, 12:45 PM.
    Useful links, for my use and for yours...
    http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
    Google site search for these forums
    (more to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
      At the current state of the game, the HP bar is usually either full and flickering a bit, or you're dead. There is very little transition time between full health and no health, and rarely any time to react to a potentially lethal situation. But this span of time, when you see your HP bar going down and have to react, all while channeling good old "ohshitohshitoshitimgonnadie" Rincewind, is what makes a game exciting.
      Nailed it! Yes - we very much need this. +1
      Cerberus
      SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

The only glove enchantments, so far, are all useless stats like DR. Player requests to buff DR have been long ignored.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          The only glove enchantments, so far, are all useless stats like DR. Player requests to buff DR have been long ignored.
          If I remember correctly, to be changed in the balance patch.
          I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
          Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post

If I remember correctly, to be changed in the balance patch.
            It was mentioned nearly a year ago but hasn't been addressed.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

It was mentioned nearly a year ago but hasn't been addressed.
              I saw that. It was in the balance patch announcement, it should come in it.

Comment

Working...
              X