Question about ad boxes and future co-op gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about ad boxes and future co-op gameplay

Okay, we all know how the current system works with ad boxes; your character clicks an ad box when it drops, and assuming that you have the reward ads option checked, then the game cuts to a random video that you can watch for 5 gems. I was thinking the other day, how exactly will this work when co-op mode is added to the game? If there are two of us running around fighting big mobs on a high level trial, and one of us clicks a box, will his character simply vanish while watching a video, then reappear after finishing it? Will he maybe freeze in place while watching it, and if so, will he be given invulnerability while doing it? Or finally, will ad boxes simply not be available while doing co-op? I certainly hope that isn't the case, since I earn a decent amount of gems per day through ad boxes. This would deter a lot of people from wanting to play co-op, especially if they don't buy gems and/or don't have 5 characters that can earn them an easy 100 gems a day. My solution is this; at least for co-op mode, make gem boxes fly into our inventory while fighting, and give us the option to click on them and watch the ads while in town. You could maybe set it to where the ads have to be watched within a 24 hour period, or else the box simply converts to a fixed gold amount.
    BEMO GEKI DIGE 6355

That sounds like a good way to go about it. I'll just add this : maybe make the adboxes different in coop. I mean like a box with a different texture but that functions the way matt said, but i mean that coop ads could only be watched in town, and solo ads only out and not in coop. Separate the two things, you never know what players could come up with when messing around with sync. So mybe some sort of "ad shop", where you go, see that you got 2 ads, and get to watch them there ?
    BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

My guess would be that ads will likely be disabled during co-op gameplay, especially if it's cross-platform. The PC version doesn't have ads.
      CAGE KOGE XIFI 0457

Jesus saves.
      Everyone else takes 1d6 damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Atigan Kane View Post
        My guess would be that ads will likely be disabled during co-op gameplay, especially if it's cross-platform. The PC version doesn't have ads.
        Why, they said they were hopefully going to get ads into the Windows version very soon ™.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
          Why, they said they were hopefully going to get ads into the Windows version very soon ™.
          Ah. I must've missed that thread.
          CAGE KOGE XIFI 0457

Jesus saves.
          Everyone else takes 1d6 damage.

Comment

It hasn't been discussed during any of our meetings. This is just one of the design bridges the team will have to cross when they get to it.

Comment

Working...
            X