Follower' s skills and gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follower' s skills and gear

Hi, we mainly use the followers for the bonuses and abilities they give during combat. In story mode they are pretty useful to have around no doubt about that. I was thinking maybe they could be useful also in higher LVL trials?

changing their gear would allow to have more dmg or life for higher trials as all they do is die. They might actually kill something
    give them an infinite lvl cap, as for trials, and so their stats would grow higher
    Upgrade their skills with gems? Let's say a 100 gems investment would reduce this particular cooldown by 20%
    NURA BOYE BIKA 7701

This will be less of an issue if and when asynch CoOp is added.

Comment

I think it still is and will continue to be an issue. Disregarding the singleplayer experience is one of the big diseases in today's game design landscape. Not saying you do or will, just saying please don't.

The main problem with minions not having their own gear but getting a percentage of the player's gear values1 is that you can't diversify your party. When you combine your mage with three tanks, then you want to boost offense on the mage and defense on the tanks. But that doesn't work. You can either boost their defense by boosting your own and cripple your offense, or boost your offense and cripple their defense.

1 I am paraphrasing from memory a statement here in the forums that I have not tested for truth, so sorry if that is incorrect. Just in case, don't quote as solid info.
      Useful links, for my use and for yours...
      http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
      Google site search for these forums
      (more to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by Estharon View Post
        ...but getting a percentage of the player's gear values...
        This is accurate info with one correction: their stats get a boon based on a percentage of the player's stats (not just gear).

Comment

Why does it show a number 1 on the followers skill level if there is no chance of upgrade....seems like something was missed

Comment

Working...
          X