Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the actual max possible Average Damage on a Level 70 Weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the actual max possible Average Damage on a Level 70 Weapon?

Requesting some under-the-hood info here...

Weapons with average damage of 1350 or higher are quite rare to obtain... leading us to think that 1350 would be fairly close to the maximum possible (average damage). Like, if average damage follows a normal distribution, 1350 would be around the 3-sigma point (only about 1:400 weapons would go beyond it).

The highest observed average damages across the Eternium playerbase are:

Led's Maces at 1380
    C0mad0r's Axes at 1365 and 1377
    I have a 1351 Sword

But, a normal distribution is unbounded....

So, what is the actual max avg damage (if there is such a number)? 1380? 1400? No limit?

I'll see if Adrian (Developer) will answer this.

Comment

"IF" scares me... Can we persuade him with cookies or a justifiable reason?

REASON: We would like to know the target max as a way to know if we have something "good" or not.

If you think there is the possibility someone could use that information to "hack" the game and give them something good, perhaps it can be stated in such a way that it will do them no good. IE: Do NOT give the exact top end range, but rather simply tell us the top "max" (without the minimum) or round it off so as to not divulge that #.

Regardless, it would be helpful to us long-term grinders to know what "max" is and help the community identify items for people who open those "which one is better" threads.
      Last edited by c0mad0r; 07-17-2017, 08:53 PM.
      HAME POPU QAHA 0909

Comment

If they are hacking then they probably already know what the max damage is anyways

Comment

Originally posted by YukariKase View Post
          If they are hacking then they probably already know what the max damage is anyways
          Not likely, it's in a semi-encrypted database... Hacking values out of RAM is one thing, doing it from an encrypted database simply isn't worth the effort.
          HAME POPU QAHA 0909

Comment

Think we got an answer as per:

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer)
            Last edited by c0mad0r; 07-24-2017, 10:40 PM.
            HAME POPU QAHA 0909

Comment

1397.25.....wow I better get back to crafting, never seen something that high
              Led

The needer of Nerfs,
              The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
              HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                1397.25.....wow I better get back to crafting, never seen something that high
                You and I both... Made ONE with 1380 average, but crappy stats and chucked it... Not as good as your maces. However, we both obviously have room to "grow". Time to pray to the RNG Gods and get something better!
                HAME POPU QAHA 0909

Comment

Originally posted by c0mad0r View Post

You and I both... Made ONE with 1380 average, but crappy stats and chucked it... Not as good as your maces. However, we both obviously have room to "grow". Time to pray to the RNG Gods and get something better!
                  I would advise you to push Adrian to chime in for a little more detail on the avg dmg distribution before you invest too much time in crafting. Max is max, sure, but if they have it as a normal (Gaussian) distribution and 1397.25 is like 5x sigma above the mean, your odds of hitting that are ~1: 3 000 000 (one in three million, yes).

TL; DR -> the fact that we have, collectively, only observed 2x 1385 specimens and 1x 1386 (and nothing above that) leads me to believe this average damage isn't randomized in the same way as other item properties (which seem to be uniform, you're just as likely to get a 90 Power as a 73 Power as an 82 Power).

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

I would advise you to push Adrian to chime in for a little more detail on the avg dmg distribution before you invest too much time in crafting. Max is max, sure, but if they have it as a normal (Gaussian) distribution and 1397.25 is like 5x sigma above the mean, your odds of hitting that are ~1: 3 000 000 (one in three million, yes).

TL; DR -> the fact that we have, collectively, only observed 2x 1385 specimens and 1x 1386 (and nothing above that) leads me to believe this average damage isn't randomized in the same way as other item properties (which seem to be uniform, you're just as likely to get a 90 Power as a 73 Power as an 82 Power).
                    So if the probability of hitting max is around 0,00003% we need 60 000 days (~164 years) for 1 weapon (5x crafts a day).

I think that Devs should make loyality rewards (from other thread) first to make me to stay with them so long

Comment

100 years for a craft......imagine hitting that fluke craft and then the level cap raises. Maby i will just settle as the odds are i cant improve mine. i was alrady hit by lightning twice........the devs might know if someone has crafted the weapon...there are 1million downloads....surley someone crafted god.
                      Last edited by Led; 07-25-2017, 03:01 PM.
                      Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                        100 years for a craft......imagine hitting that fluke craft and then the level cap raises. Maby i will just settle as the odds are i cant improve mine. i was alrady hit by lightning twice........the devs might know if someone has crafted the weapon...there are 1million downloads....surley someone crafted god.
                        There would no problem with rising cap if we would have option to raise items level which we already have for some fair amount of gold/gems.

So Led when you are starting to craft perfect base damage weapon?

I don't want to calculate probability for perfect base damage&stats weapon...

I must start teaching my children playing Eternium, they will teach their children and so on (of course on the same account) and some day they will come to my grave and will tell that finally my great-grandchildren made it!!! After that I will be resurrected from the grave and I will be able to continue playing Eternium with my perfect weapon

Comment

Wow, WAIT, let me clarify: I personally do *not* think 1397.25 is that far beyond the statistical mean. I only wished to forewarn you that it *might* be.

I would be more inclined to it being somewhere between 3-sigma (3:1000) and 4-sigma (1:16000). That is, *IF* it is normally-distributed, which again, might not be the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                            Wow, WAIT, let me clarify: I personally do *not* think 1397.25 is that far beyond the statistical mean. I only wished to forewarn you that it *might* be.

I would be more inclined to it being somewhere between 3-sigma (3:1000) and 4-sigma (1:16000). That is, *IF* it is normally-distributed, which again, might not be the case...
                            At least in my mind, 1397.25 will always be the number now.
                            VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post

There would no problem with rising cap if we would have option to raise items level which we already have for some fair amount of gold/gems.

So Led when you are starting to craft perfect base damage weapon?
                              I'm not going to attempt to craft the weapon, I will just continue to sell all the legendarys I find as I don't think it is worth my time. My 2 weapons are already great and the chances of hitting a 3rd that's better is like not going to happen. I will save my sanity for another pointless task......like gemstone farming.....almost time to go crafting again. Only question is what to make...

Click image for larger version  Name:	stones.PNG Views:	2 Size:	206.2 KB ID:	56565
                              Led

The needer of Nerfs,

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Working...
                              X