Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attk speed adjustment and build diversity

Hi to the Devs,
    great game, love almost every thing about it. I have watched some the recent debates and thought about the lack of build diversity. I think the primary problem is attack speed and how it interact with a number of game mechanics.

Attak speed is too powerful especially when pushed to high levels with high CL investment. As a consequence it forces certain nerfs on skills/triggers that no one wants.

Currently high attak speed makes stacking life on hit less important, same goes for ability rate, or triggering special effects like whirlwind, mantle, murkriser, etc etc. It is terribly difficult to balance a game between someone that attaks 10x a sec and someone else at 3-4x.

50% more attks will be 50% more effective across everything. That is just too tough to balance.

Instead how about this adjustment to the game mechanic regarding attack speed.

Btw I got the inspiration from the fact the game has internal cool downs to guard against certain overpowered combinations.

Every sec, first 2 attacks are performed at 100% effectiveness for triggering special effects (life on hit, cool down reduction, special ability like whirlwind). Every attack after that triggers special effects at a reduced %. Like 3rd attak had 80% chance to trigger something, 4th at 60%, 5th at 40%, 6+ at 20%.

Damage from each attack is unaffected by the above reduction in % trigger probability. So this isn't an actual nerf on attack speed reducing damage output.

This change will free our devs to work on super interesting skill effects without worrying how 10+ attk per sec is ruining the potential skill thus had to water down its effects.

I think i speak for most that we want big, bold skill effects, not just whacking on something like a machine gun.

Next I have two suggestions on warriors. Love deadly throw for shield warrior. But we just continue to lose to dual wielders especially when our deadly throw doesn't enhance shockwave. Plus anyone actually use a full set of defenders? 700 life on 25% block is so meh compared to free whirlwind etc.

taking inspiration from from street fighter where the special skill meter is charged not only when you do something but also when you get attack/hurt.

How about get rid of the unusable shield slam and replace it with a small reduction to cool downs. Kind of like you just hit me 10x, well here is my charged up devastate coming right back at you 2 secs quicker. This works kind like the cool down reduction for normal attacks but triggered on blocks. Some % of course so it doesn't get overpowered. This also reduce the need for ITZ and open up more skill choices for shield warrior.

The Defender set
    4-piece bonus - let's make that 500 life on block instead of the small life regen. Life regen is too weak in its current form I feel
    6-piece bonus - here is the big one. 10% to trigger deadly throw on blocks. Put in an internal cool down so that this effect is not trigger more than once per 2-x secs.

Now there is a reason to go full defender and shield. I chose deadly throw for the special skill because it is hard to balance AOE skills like shockwave. Besides I love deadly throw and anyway I can throw more of it, I will try to.

What do people think? With diminishing return on attack speed triggering special effects, I feel CL distribution becomes far more nuanced. In fact Devs may not have to enforce some internal cooldowns on skills such as deidre's resolve or passive trigger skills. We want more varied and impactful skill effects, not just a few more % damage because it is impossible to balance a 10+ attack character triggering every special effects under the sun.

GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Forgot to add one more quality of life suggestion for us phone users.

give us a way to trade say 100 gems for 24hrs of having one active skills auto activate. For example every warrior play with battle rage. But drawing that symbol constantly is giving my poor finger burns. So just auto trigger one skill whenever it's cool down is finished will be a fantastic upgrade in quality of life. To fight back the cry of pay to win, you could even make the skill trigger 0.5 sec after the cool down is finished. So for those of more nimble fingered, this upgrade doesn't grant any actual gameplay advantage.

Heck, I think I'm willing to pay $1 or $2 for a month long activation.

This will serve as another gem sink as well as another revenue source for the Devs.

Btw how do I have my code automatically append to the bottom of my posts?
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
      Btw how do I have my code automatically append to the bottom of my posts?
      Add it to your signature in your profile settings.

Comment

Working...
      X