PVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVP

If the devs are not ready to make this game into a MMORPG just yet, they can start with a 1 on 1 PVP simulator where you won't actually be fighting another player in real time but just a dummy of that player's character. I know that's not the same as a real time or live PVP, but that's something to start with as we are waiting for the full release. From this alone, you can get considerable amount of data that will help the development of the actual PVP and multiplayer.

How it works:
    - You enter the Friend Code of the player you want to fight. You can view the equipments, skills, and stats of the player before committing to the PVP fight.
    - You get transported to an arena-like map like the "Fiery Pits".
    - Both characters are spawned facing each other with a distance then a counter starts from 3 to 0 to start the fight.
    - If AI for the dummy opponent cannot be done, at least programmatically spam the skills as they cooled down or mirror the skill slot used by the opponent.
    - First one to die loses. No pots and revive allowed, just whatever you have equipped and skill load out.
    HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

That's asynchronous PvP and there's a chance that will be the first model you guys (and gals) see. The same goes for CoOp -- essentially just using your friends as minions.

Comment

Basically just described Dungeon Quest. Don't care for DQ PVP for that reason. The AI makes a poor combatant.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
        The same goes for CoOp -- essentially just using your friends as minions.
        How many strong friends will I need? 3 minions like right now, so at least 3 per class and maybe some different builds?

MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
          ...there's a chance...
          Key words, for anyone jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Just a thought...if PVP (by chance) is asynchronous then I recommend looking at the problems Dungeon Quest has with their asynchronous PVP, to help avoid same pitfalls. They have a real & persistent problem with cheaters. Also, to avoid a Goliath making PVP unenjoyable, DQ set level and skill restrictions. So although your PVE character is level 99, all PVP characters are capped at level 20. That meant that pretty much anybody with good gear could win, and reach top of leaderboard. Not sure that will be attractive to long term players of M&M.

If heavy balancing doesn't occur then it seems as though players with CL1000+ will dominate, no contest, when AI are doing the fighting. Would be fun PVP where one player pits his skill against another player in real time. Wishful thinking

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
              How many strong friends will I need? 3 minions like right now, so at least 3 per class and maybe some different builds?
              Would be cool to have Led, Dyoma, etc. as minions.
              HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Originally posted by Peacedawg View Post
                Just a thought...if PVP (by chance) is asynchronous then I recommend looking at the problems Dungeon Quest has with their asynchronous PVP, to help avoid same pitfalls. They have a real & persistent problem with cheaters.
                Why don't they just ban the cheaters like this game plans on doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                  Why don't they just ban the cheaters like this game plans on doing?
                  This. Cheaters are super easy to spot and deal with, even autonomously. Then, you look at edge-cases manually and deal with them (then optimize the automated system to handle the new scenario).

Comment

DQ created a separate league for cheaters. Problem isn't spotting cheaters, it's volume of cheaters. DQ is banning players daily, manually. Means MF staff might also have to dedicate precious time to identifying & banning players, and dealing with players who dispute a banned account. I got tired of every day having to battle obvious cheater accounts. They get banned, create new account, get banned, rinse/repeat. Got old real fast. Hoping MF has a plan to avoid some of that. Mostly was hoping for true PVP but I'll probably give whatever PVP or CoOp MF designs a try. Still really enjoy M&M.

Comment

I don't get why they'd do it manually, when it can easily be automated and they can be banned before they even set foot on the battlefield (after cheating).

Comment

Working...
                      X