Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts and suggestions for hopeful improvement from my side (will update).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some thoughts and suggestions for hopeful improvement from my side (will update).

As the title say, I'm a fan of the Diablo and Torchlight series, especially Diablo 2 and Torchlight 2. An RPG fanboy at heart. I've been playing the game Etherium for a while now, my main character a Warrior being Level 125 Champion and like many fans before me I have a bunch of likes, dislikes and hate (mostly this one, not intending to be rude) for the game. If i don't mention my likes, it probably mean they are too much too say. I love the game. ​​ Explaining things is not my forte so kindly bear with me as I flip around this entire thread lol. But i need you to know that I'm doing this because I love the game and would love for the devs. to improve the gem which they have created! Its my all-time favourite Android game by far. Thanks a lot!

Anyway here I go,

1. First off, about the character delete option. I understand that it cost gems to create a new character but I don't get why it has to cost to delete it. Its like my govt., charging me fees for depositing money into MY bank account and then charging me AGAIN for withdrawing MY own money. Sure it "only" costs 50 gems but still a fee is a fee. I [s]hate[/s] dislike this. I haven't created unlocked a third character slot because of this, that it would be useless if i don't like the new character. The very limited number of character slots also don't help.

​​​​​

2. Bounty Hunter shots ricochet!Why do the shots rebound when they are fired through a wooden fence with a huge area in between? This also applies to those cactus-like grass in the desert areas (also in Trials)? Even for a fantasy game its kind of silly tbh/imo. Also not sure if its a bug but in the early stages of the game (the places which have houses burning) I've noticed how some shots go *through* the walls of the house. I know this because I could kill monsters inside the houses from outside and also wall-bang (CSGO term) them. I tried to replicate this but it doesn't work 100% of the time. I honestly would've liked for the shots to go through these kinds of objects.

Below is a screenshot of a bullet ricocheting.

​​
    And here's another screenshot which show the shots somehow going through a wooden signboard. So it doesn't go through a fence but go through a board. hmm...

3. Robin's animation problem. I'm sure you have all noticed this by now but when Robin shoots, the arrows fly only when she *crouches*. The arrows don't immediately leave the bow. Basically, the arrow animation and her posture need to sync. I couldn't get a perfect screenshot but I tried.

4. Vision obstruction on the map. Needless to say this is a serious issue. I couldn't see what monsters they were and which one i was fighting. Remove it please.

5. Not sure how to term this. The two red boxes areas had monsters in them. I tried to go in but I couldn't, instead my character took the path in the middle straight ahead. It took me many tries to finally go in those areas to kill the monsters. I don't remember what stage it was.

6. And now a special place for the thing which I absolutely HATE THE MOST: CRAFTING TIME!! I think that we will agree, crafting takes a ridiculous amount of time. Freaking 24 hrs like is this for real?? When you climb a higher level and start farming those epic and legendary grade items crafting becomes 99.9% useless. Why? Because you get lots of good items overtime that saving the items (in stash) for crafting makes little sense. I mean look at the number of gems required to finish it instantly! I hope the devs. bring an overhaul change to this or get rid of this crafting time altogether in the next update. I want it to be like those rings/necklace. Instant crafting. Instant result. It would also help me gamble away some of my gears which i don't use. At least it would be fun.

I would write more but for some reason my phone has given up on transferring files to the laptop. Tried to send 6GB+ screenshots at once. XD
    I will update this thread as I continue to play the game.

Thanks for reading. Hope i didn't make it too difficult to understand.
    Last edited by ggsonic; 10-08-2017, 07:26 PM.

Err mods, where are the images which i uploaded in the OP??

Comment

Originally posted by ggsonic View Post

6. And now a special place for the thing which I absolutely HATE THE MOST: CRAFTING TIME!! I think that we will agree, crafting takes a ridiculous amount of time. Freaking 24 hrs like is this for real?? When you climb a higher level and start farming those epic and legendary grade items crafting becomes 99.9% useless. Why? Because you get lots of good items overtime that saving the items (in stash) for crafting makes little sense. I mean look at the number of gems required to finish it instantly! I hope the devs. bring an overhaul change to this or get rid of this crafting time altogether in the next update. I want it to be like those rings/necklace. Instant crafting. Instant result. It would also help me gamble away some of my gears which i don't use. At least it would be fun.

This. Actually I myself wouldn't mind of the 24 hrs. but could they just please keep the rolls of stats within the stats of the 3 combined item ingredients? I was like I hoarded 3 items all with POWER. and the rest of their stats play around attack speed, Vitality, Crit Rating and Crit damage. Then after 24 hours it suddenly becomes 70 power, DAMAGE REFLECTED, LIFE REGENERATION, EXTRA GOLD. I was like WHAT THE HELL MAN! THOSE WERE THREE OF MY BEST HOARDED ITEMS!!! WHY THEY DO THAT!!! THAT WHOLE RANDOMIZE STATS thing is a real PAIN!

Comment

Update #1.

1. Gear/equipment compatibility issue.

The gear below, Adventurer's Set, I farmed using my Bounty Hunter. There is no problem here whatsoever.

Click image for larger version  Name:	for bh Screenshot_20171008-002745.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	69434
        And these, I farmed using my Warrior. Similar gear, all parts of the Adventurer's Set. So why does it say "Cannot be used by Bounty Hunter" when there clearly is no issue (image above) when I get them using my Bounty Hunter? Also for real incompatible gear like Axe, Helm etc, the "Required Hero Level" needs to be removed and display only "Cannot be used by."

Click image for larger version  Name:	not for bh Screenshot_20171006-235406.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	69435

This is how it should be. I farmed using by Bounty Hunter of course. But here at least it only has the level requirement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	correct one Screenshot_20171009-123314.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	69436

2. Ability and Crafting suggestion:

Ability section: It needs to show the duration it will take to learn a skill. I'm already learning it here but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170924-165529.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.2 KB ID:	69437
        On Crafting: I want the duration to be removed altogether. But in the worst case scenario please add how long the crafting will take before its crafted.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	craft time Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	257.8 KB ID:	69438

3. Selling a better item than the one currently equipped: When one gets an alert/warning like this, please change the font colour to red. Excuse the not-so-nice Paint red here.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Sell anyway Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	212.0 KB ID:	69439

4. Display bug after ads: It showed me in portrait view and not the usual landscape mode. I came across this a few days ago. Not anymore thankfully. Just a heads up.
        I would also like to mention that sometimes the ads don't load, i have to click back arrow key "<" on my phone to get the game again and resume. This happens about 5% of the time i open ad chests/boxes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Phone display prob. Screenshot_20170928-183555.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	69440

5. Ricocheting desert plant. In my OP no. 2 on the shots ricocheting I mentioned a cactus-like plant, this is it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cactus block Screenshot_20171007-121409.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	69441

6. Boss nerf request: Please nerf Summoner's Champion movement speed or his normal attack damage (in Trials). He is too fast and his attack deals too much damage especially for Warrior with normal movement speed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lich trapped Screenshot_20170927-173655.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.9 KB ID:	69442Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171005-202052.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	69443

That's it for now.
        Last edited by ggsonic; 10-09-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radament View Post

This. Actually I myself wouldn't mind of the 24 hrs. but could they just please keep the rolls of stats within the stats of the 3 combined item ingredients? I was like I hoarded 3 items all with POWER. and the rest of their stats play around attack speed, Vitality, Crit Rating and Crit damage. Then after 24 hours it suddenly becomes 70 power, DAMAGE REFLECTED, LIFE REGENERATION, EXTRA GOLD. I was like WHAT THE HELL MAN! THOSE WERE THREE OF MY BEST HOARDED ITEMS!!! WHY THEY DO THAT!!! THAT WHOLE RANDOMIZE STATS thing is a real PAIN!
          I feel you. The highlighted (attribute) crafting gains is also very low, often negligible and when you've lost your other core/important stats then it becomes useless. The last 24 hrs waiting time would've been for nothing. I actually almost tried what you did, i.e. similar gear with similar attributes (2-3 same attributes) but i had a bad feeling about it. Glad that I didn't go ahead.

Comment

1) It is to prevent players from deleting a char, creating a new one, completing the first 6 areas 5 times each for 60 gems in 30 minutes or so, rinse and repeat. Some people were abusing this, so having it cost gems to delete makes this less viable.

2) Agree, collision detection on attacks is problematic.

3+4) no idea since I can't see the images.

5) Again, can't see the images, but if they involve bridges, that is a known issue (hence the flavor speech complaining about 'another bridge').

6) redoing the crafting system is on the agenda, but not a high priority. Will come after multiplayer (unfortunately).

Comment

I uploaded the images and even checked before I logged out. Not sure what happened. The first day I signed up on this forum the thread which I created and the comment which I made on another thread didn't appear. :S
              I will reupload the images again soon.

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
              1) It is to prevent players from deleting a char, creating a new one, completing the first 6 areas 5 times each for 60 gems in 30 minutes or so, rinse and repeat. Some people were abusing this, so having it cost gems to delete makes this less viable.
              A possible solution IMO is they could give more slots for characters.

6) redoing the crafting system is on the agenda, but not a high priority. Will come after multiplayer (unfortunately).
              Multiplayer with heavy raid bosses and new character and ally/NPC features (like D2) are also in my mind for the suggestions.

Comment

Came to say, the crafting time for gear ie. 24hrs is driving me nuts! Yet the effects are so little. So why must it take so freaking long? #FeelsSadMan
                When are we going to see the new patch anyway? IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF THE DEVS REMOVE THE CRAFTING TIME (EVEN IF TEMPORARILY) TILL THEY CAN THINK OF A BETTER SOLUTION AND IMPLEMENT THIS CHANGE IN THE BETA! It will be my only reason to test the beta. Thank you in advance!

Comment

#1. Completely agree with the suggestion and analogy
                  VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Working...
                  X