FEEDBACK: effect of Xagan on cool down not shown in Ability screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEEDBACK: effect of Xagan on cool down not shown in Ability screen

If you equip Robin/Endar, Marcus/Norgrim or Maggie/Eileen, their impact is shown correctly in the attributes window.

If you equip Xagan, his boost to Ability rate and the change in percent cool down is also shown in the attributes window.

However, if you switch to the abilities screen and look at the cool down shown in the ability window, that number of seconds is not adjusted.

For example, blizzard for a mage at level 10 has a base cooldown duration of 25 seconds. However the abilities window doesn't show 25, it shows the actual value after the percent cool-down is applied. In my case, about 15.5 seconds. But this value does not change weather I equip Xagan or not.

The value for Ability rate and percent cool down does change in the attributes window, but not in the display of number of seconds of cool down in the abilities window.

Hope this is clear.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

P.S. not working on any Abilities, for my Mage. The above (blizzard) was just one example.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

It does change Ability Rating though. Not significant at higher Ability Ratings - only about 3% (Ability Rating total points at 740) when the base rating is 30% (Ability Rating points at 640). Had expected a higher change when equipping Xagan. Might replace Xagan with Eileen to get a Vortex skill.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBisquet View Post
        It does change Ability Rating though.
        Yes I did note that in my original post:

~~~~~~~~~~~
        If you equip Xagan, his boost to Ability rate and the change in percent cool down is also shown in the attributes window.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~

The effect is not shown in the "Utilities" windows, in the # of seconds of cool down at the bottom. Above I referred to these windows as "Abilities windows". For clarity, the overall screen is called "Abilities" but the spells themselves, where the cool down time is not quite right, are called "Utilities".
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Yes I did note that in my original post:

~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~

The effect is not shown in the "Utilities" windows, in the # of seconds of cool down at the bottom. Above I referred to these windows as "Abilities windows". For clarity, the overall screen is called "Abilities" but the spells themselves, where the cool down time is not quite right, are called "Utilities".
          True it does not reflect in the Utilities. When you remove Xagan though and fire off an Ability with a cooldown of say 18 seconds (Blizzard), the front screen does begin counting down from 18 seconds. When you add Xagan, the front screen begins counting down from 16 seconds. Looks as though it is working. Should cooldown numbers be reflected in the Abilities when Xagan is present? Don't know. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBisquet View Post
            Should cooldown numbers be reflected in the Abilities when Xagan is present? Don't know. Maybe.
            The other affects from minions (that are >=L20 so their aura is active), are reflected properly in the screens. So for consistency Xagan's affect should be too -- IMHO.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Might be simpler to update the Abilities' description with something like: "base value, influenced by character's ability" - or something like that. Too many "changing values" will affect performance of the game, having to recalculate every time something changed.

I've always considered the Abilities descriptions as showing the base values, then apply my character's modifications on top. Like spell books in other RPG games, it have been "written" down, and cannot be changed, my character's reading it at a different level, so the outcome will be different...

Edit:
              Coda's post came in just before mine - didn't realise other minions affects changes Abilities description, maybe that's where the performance lag came from whenever they level up...

In that case, yes, make it consistent would be good - if only one isn't resulting in the change, then apply it.
              Last edited by Nhat; 12-01-2017, 03:33 AM.
              Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
              X