SUGGESTION: my hero should attack back, when attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUGGESTION: my hero should attack back, when attacked

The suggestion actually relates to the graphics (for a mage at least) being too extreme. It's very hard to see inside of Blizzard plus Immolate what is happening. If my hero is standing there I am not sure if he is attacking or not sometimes. It's very frustrating when the dust clears to see him just standing there.

Would very much appreciate it if, when he is attacked, he automatically starts attacking back his primary attack. Obviously if I have issued a command to move or cast FrostBeam (etc) then he needs to obey that. But if there are no other pending commands that need to be finished then, if attacked he should attack back.

Please don't let him stand there and do nothing when I cannot see anything to give an attack command.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Then it would be hard to run from a fight when you need too.

Comment

I very strongly disagree with this. Already we have a system that requires very little from the player. Adding additional automation pretty much removes the need for human interaction.
      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Drulle View Post
        Then it would be hard to run from a fight when you need too.
        No, it would not. Your hero would be obeying your command to move as I wrote in the original post.
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
          I very strongly disagree with this. Already we have a system that requires very little from the player. Adding additional automation pretty much removes the need for human interaction.
          Then make it a button where you can turn it on or off. A mage gets lost in the white orange and yellow.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Then make it a button where you can turn it on or off. A mage gets lost in the white orange and yellow.
            That's an issue with excessive graphics that needs to be addressed. Adding more automation (especially with multiplayer on the horizon) will only destroy the game.
            RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

I disagree strongly with coldlet on this. Any mobile game needs more automation, not less. The human device interface is a limiting factor compared to pc. Automation and light scripting(game provided) will help increase the quality of life of users.
              I think a game should provide depth and room for a variety of strategies. However it shouldn’t just come down to 10yr old finger dexterity.
              In a perfect world, we have two normal attack options. I want an easy way to switch between the two in a predetermined sequence. Is frenzy for 15 attacks then switch to rs for 8 attacks and then switch back to frenzy.
              Basically a way to sequence attacks together that doesn’t require I have inhuman robotic control and dexterity
              now the game can be more about strategy. Finding that perfect combo instead of tapping perfectly.
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

But an 'attack back' feature needs to be toggleable OR have the human's taps fully override enemy attacks for a few seconds after the human tap before calling the hero to attack back. When i'm doing trials on my mage, i'm pulling 5-6 groups at a time to AoE them all down. I take some attacks. If i'd automatically attack back, i die.

Comment

From what I understand, it's more of a: currently not doing anything, got attacked, then attack back until killed - or given other command.

Wouldn't this make those "gauntlet maps" completely automated? Just start the level and leave your character there, the monsters come to you and attack, which causes your hero to attack back, ... and done. Something that the developers do not want for the game - and neither do I, to be honest.
                  Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

It would be easy to make any gauntlet-style maps ignore the auto-retaliate so they can't be idled. idle-farmed.

Comment

Working...
                    X