No announcement yet.

Normal attack switching fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like quite a few of your suggestions. The simple vector gestures will be an improvement. Probably need to use the staring point as the assumed targeting point in those cases. The tap to switch normal attacks is a good thought. First tap on any target triggers 1st attack slot while tapping again(near the current target) will trigger 2nd attack slot. However if I’m tapping in another Mob, I think the preferred outcome will be still 1st slot attack just different target. This is useful if I want to rs another group of mobs instead of frenzy them etc. but this modification doesn’t have to be independent of my slider idea. I still think slider idea will offer more practical benefit to the mobile users. There isnt enough volume of inputs via mobile interface to match pc. Thus I would gladly take the trade off of less precise attack sequence but also less input required to achieve 80-90% of pc outcome.

Now to the meat of this post. I just had another thought on skill spamming on mobile.

Pc skill spamming is a huge advantage. 1st no wasted cooldown as skills are spammed as soon as cd is done. 2nd, equally as important, is that pc user does not have to pay any attention to skill cd at all. One just keep pressing those 1/2/3 keys constantly. This is very beneficial especially when playing close to one’s limits as 100% attention can be focused on what is happening with the fight. Why pc users don’t make as many mistakes? Because they are not distracted by having to check other areas of the screen such as skill cd. This presents an issue due to the fact that alacrity means skill cd are not uniform. When alacrity triggers a lot in a row, cd are finished far sooner than usual. If one isn’t paying attention, then one missed the opportunity to do dps. Mobile has this problem, pc doesn’t because skills are just spammed.

I had suggested skill buffering but seems like I might have missed the perfect solution that is already in the game!

I noticed that I hardly ever have wasted guestures (drawing symbol too fast before cd is finished, necessitating another guesture) for certain skills. Namely sw. The reason is that sw has two charges. When I use up both charges, I am not under pressure to use sw again as soon as the cd for 1st charge is done. I know the cd will continue until I have two charges readied. This has two benefits. The maximum efficiency for utility spell is for cd to be always counting down. This means you are not wasting any cd. Pc has it, sw on mobile is just about equal as long as you keep using sw between 1st and 2nd charge so cd is always counting down. The 2nd benefit is actually allowing skill to prevail over mindless spamming. If you can burst skill dps at the proper time, two snipes in a row right after ss comes to mind, this gives players with tactical considerations a leg up vs just button smashers. This also aligns the game outcome with Devs’s professed preference of allowing skill to triumph over the rest.

So the solution is to make all skills charge based with 2 charges. Then the mechanics of the skill triggering can stay the same. Allowing the mobile players to spam skills at almost equal efficiency as pc. But more than that, give the tactical, skillful players the added flexibility to burst skill damage together for even greater impact.

Thoughts? Comments?
    GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

I figured out the alternate attacks right after Beta came out. (I had not yet seen other warriors do it) The experimenting I did was due to me dying on a Trial.

Now one thing in my year of playing Eternium is how often a difficult spot to beat is often solved by your "rotation" I had some folks disagree with me on that here in the forums. I think the jeering was my fault because rotation I think infers a locked in pattern. It isn't how I do it.

I am not disagreeing with you at all. The only thing that messes up my timing with alternating is the ability bar being on the side of the screen instead of right below my hero. (I play on Android)

I would love to put myself against a PC player. Only condition is the ability bars being where myself and the PC player feel most comfortable.

That isn't to prove or disprove either. The small margin of mistimings for me when I am playing with maximum effort is small and always due to looking off my hero to see my cooldowns. I have wanted to post a thread explaining my rotation just to see what people think.

P.S. I haven't slept in two days. Drinking beer right now. I may not be talking about the same thing you are dude. I just wanted in on conversation.
      Last edited by 1337_Derp; 12-11-2017, 09:25 AM.
      There are two secrets to success:

1. Never reveal everything you know.

Comment

Working...
      X