Ideas for future game content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for future game content

First of all, I'd like to thank all who took part in creating this game and also those who are actively working to improve the players' gaming experiences. With that said, I understand that all things are easier said than done, so please do not take my post as a demand. This is just what I believe can add on to the already high potential of this great game.

It is known that co-op is in progress and will be coming in the future. I feel like this is a great time to introduce new classes to the game. Classes that can have actual roles in co-op, such as a healer and true tanker(the current warrior is more suited for dps). Maybe something like a cleric and a paladin. A tanking paladin class would be able to bring out the usage of forgotten stats such as armor and damage reflect. However, introducing new classes just for different gameplay isn't the point I wish to express. What they would be great for would be the potential of teamplay and player cooperation in co-op stages. It would be great for the community and playerbase as well since it requires players working together rather than every man for himself, whoever deals most damage is the best player. This would also give players the ability to prove their roles in aspects outside of dps. This way, loot in co-op also wouldnt be just be waiting to get a dps piece. Minion selection between players entering the co-op would also be important in this feature. Furthermore, the require of communication and interaction between players will significantly boost gameplay experience for new and old players alike.

With the mention of team gameplay, why not introduce clans? It would literally imho bring this game to the next level. Clans can give players the feeling of having a brotherhood in this game. Aside from that, it would make players not only have feelings connected to this game, but other players as well. Clans can have their own clan trials (maybe like a trial with 5 members going in at once) with a clan leaderboard to show who is on top. Who can make it to the highest trial or who can grind the highest points. Every level of clan trials can give clan points, and whichever clan has the highest points will be number 1. Every trial gives clan points upon a successful completion, with higher levels yielding higher points. This can support the the intention of play to win in this game where just having the highest clan trial achieved does not guaruntee the top spot. That and just having the top players in a clan has no certainty of being the top clan.

Adding on to the idea of clans - a clan shop. Every clan has a clan currency that can be rewarded in clan activities(clan trials, maybe daily clan quests?), and clans can also have clan levels. Lets say the max clan level is 10. Every certain levels unlock some items that can be bought with clan currency, or even self gold(to make gold have a use outside jewels). Maybe some items in the clan shop can be like a no stat visual aura for your character, a border for your name, a border for clan name, an exp or gemstone boost for all clan members for 30 minutes, a rename for your character, no stat gears that only change the visuals of the corresponding gear, expanding clan slots, gold for gems, and things of the such. Ill just stop with clan shop items there because there would be other players who may also come up with good suggestions.

One thing I would love and dream for is the addition of clan gear. Bear with me as I explain the mechanic I have in mind for this. When a clan reaches max level, and has reached the top spot in leaderboard at 3 times(reset every month or two), they can buy a very expensive license in the clan shop. A license for the blacksmith to create clan exclusive gear. Maybe this license can require 100 million gold, with one player able to contribute 5 million max. After you purchase the license, clan exclusive stages will begin to drop (at a very low rate) etc type of loot such as metals(maybe something bronze, iron, steel, mithril, adamantite, with stardust being the rarest), dragonbone, demons blood, gorgana's tears, magroth's horn, xenodon's scale, and things of such. After collecting the required amount for an item(a long time grinding, as these would some of the best armors in the game), you can craft your piece of clan gear from the blacksmith. The process will take 5 days or a week(think realistically). Now, for the gear stats, you can choose youself. Given a certain number of stat points(how much depends on the quality of the armor), you are able to assign however much to the stats of your choice. Either that, or the clan gear can be worn over your regular gear for a fixed % addition to existing stats. For example, a 1 or 2% increase in all stats.

With that, we can also put events in clan stages. At a very low percentage, you are able to encounter an npc(with rarity levels as well) being attacked by mobs. This npc dies very easily but if you are able to save him or her, he or she will offer services for your clan, and your clan only. For example, a blacksmith who creates gear with the gear quality depending on his rarity level, or an herblist who will sell potions that increase stats for a time period. Rarity level of the npc will determine how good and pricey their products are. Maybe even being to encounter a random trader that gives you a random page of almost all items in the game to buy from(think realistically, hes a trader), with high quality and rarity items having a super low chance to generate. Maybe a nomad that offers a service for currency to join clan stages(in case you have, say 4 members online, but need 5 to enter a stage) in the future.

These were just some raw ideas I had while farming today. They can easily be improved upon with time and thought. Most of the ideas are to improve the community and interactions between players. It would also add a whole new aspect of fresh content that isnt easy to clear. The communication will bring players together. The play for a team feeling as well as lets grind together experience will make it so that this game wont be easy to reach a boring state for veterans. Again, I understand the massive amount of time, energy, and money needed to make half of this content unfold, if people would want it in the first place.

Any and all decision making is respected(relating and even not relating to these ideas), with a big thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by Faelyn; 12-12-2017, 06:37 PM.

I don't think we should have a pure "support" class, each hero should be able to stand on its own and not need other hero classes to function properly to its full potential i.e. PvE, trials etc. To make a hero depend on another hero is a quick way to kill off that hero and make nobody play it.
    Last edited by giecomo; 12-14-2017, 03:28 PM.
    22nd September 2017

Comment

Its just to make co-op have a co-op feel. Otherwise, one elite player could carry most of a team to a successful stage entry. As for a pure support, it doesnt have to be. Classes have a lot of skills in this game they dont use. They could be designed for supporting. Thats not to mention that realistically, classes like a cleric and paladin uses same gears as a mage and warrior. Their gears can be farmed by dps classes if you dont already own a set or sold them. Youd only need to get them to level 70 and wait for skills to upgrade.

Comment

I think that a healing class would be cool,it would be good if she could swap between dps and healing build.

Comment

Originally posted by Drulle View Post
          I think that a healing class would be cool,it would be good if she could swap between dps and healing build.
          When I first asked about the 4th class four or five months ago and suggested that it should be a support, Travis kind of hinted in that direction au contraire the thoughts of other community members which wanted a Summoner.

Comment

I think it'd be great. Traditional healing classes can usually cast shields, buff defensive capabilities, and dispel status ailments as well(i guess they would be stuns and dots in this game). The scaling of healing could be based on life regen so the 'useless' stats can be useful. Anyhow, would be interesting to see what skills they come with if they get released. Co-op would be a lot more interesting imo with supports, especially if the devs make them really tough. It shouldnt be a daunting task to make support classes hold their own in trials and story. A paladin, or any other tank class, can have skills and attacks scale off of vitality for example. Scaling off damage reflect works as well imo because there is the rylockes shield.

Comment

A new hero class has already been spec'd out. The focus of the new class (which I won't reveal, so don't ask) is synergy. It's a class that works well with others, but can also run solo and be competitive in PvP.

Comment

Will the future content (co-op, new class, new town) be released patch by patch, or will it be one big mega patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Faelyn View Post
                  Will the future content (co-op, new class, new town) be released patch by patch, or will it be one big mega patch?
                  Patch by patch

Comment

I believe the team is going for the "mega patch" approach (which will probably include Act 4) in order to possibly catch some big promotions in the app stores. Maybe not all of that in one patch, but a lot of stuff.

Comment

Coolios, thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                        but can also run solo .
                        that's great to know thanks Travis
                        22nd September 2017

Comment

Working...
                        X