Gear trade system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear trade system

Would be great if there was a gear trade system with other player's.
    Also would be nice if you could upgrade Abilities when off-line, with timer. I play quite a bit off-line, as I'm sure others do as well.

Originally posted by Recon View Post
    Also would be nice if you could upgrade Abilities when off-line, with timer. I play quite a bit off-line, as I'm sure others do as well.
    if I'm not wrong the timer does progress even when you're offline
    22nd September 2017

Comment

Would be great if there was a gear trade system with other player's.
      Developers won't implement trading, it ruins the game by devaluing everything. Upgrading abilities while offline is way too easy to abuse by changing the time on your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by giecomo View Post
        if I'm not wrong the timer does progress even when you're offline
        It does. You just have to be online to start the job and to collect the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
          Developers won't implement trading, it ruins the game by devaluing everything. .......
          I can only laugh at this. Fortunately it is the season to be jolly.

Without a "Trading System" nothing has any value.

RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
            I can only laugh at this. Fortunately it is the season to be jolly.
            Without a "Trading System" nothing has any value.
            Not my words, I'm just quoting the devs.

Comment

It is possible to program a Trade system that works. Other games have done it. As long as there are paramaters around gear that is for trade. For example- only gear that is within a certain lvl bracket can then be traded with another gear piece that is within the same lvl bracket.
              The idea is mainly to aquire certain stats that you may be looking for. As well you may have a piece that does not suit your char. but works well for someone else.
              It would also allow more interaction between users, Wich in turn could provide more over all interest in game ; )

Comment

I don't want a trading system.

If there was one, there are only extremely limited trades that I might entertain -- such as you have an extra high-end I.Mantle and I have a near-perfect Deidre's Resolve I don't need. Barring that, I would need to get paid a whole bunch of Brilliants or Gems (IAP) for the gear I worked hard to collect from TL100. Then someone could just buy the Gemstones or Gems -- or hack them -- and pay the price.

Please don't do this.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

In response to Coda.

Kind of missed my point. To be beneficial the system would have Guide lines and Limits.!

Gear for Gear Trades, of equal lvl value, but with different sub stats.
                  ​​​​​​
                  We are just "entertaining" this idea lol. It's up to the Devs to decide what they want to do with there platform of course.

Comment

In response to Coda.

Kind of missed my point. To be beneficial the system would have Guide lines and Limits.!

Gear for Gear Trades, of equal lvl value, but with different sub stats.
                    ​​​​​​
                    We are just "entertaining" this idea lol. It's up to the Devs to decide what they want to do with there platform of course.
                    The issue with gear for gear trades comes down to the fact that a lot of people have near perfect gear and so getting a piece with a few changes in Stat value might have negligible importance. And what if you don't have a piece of gear that is even tradable for that other piece of gear?

this is the whole basis behind currency. If the work that I do does not directly translate into something tradable for the goods that you have, we have a middle ground called currency. It's an agreed-upon system of representation of value. And this currency allows for me to purchase something from you or you to purchase something from me without there having to be a trade of goods for Goods or labor. The currency is the middle function. And in this game the most important currencies are either Gems or gemstones. Not gear for gear.

Comment

Rytrik nailed it. Equal gear for gear is a silly idea and totally defeats the purpose of having a trade economy.

Comment

Glad you guys chimed in, and explained how bad an idea a gear trade system would be. Gosh what was I thinking?
                        Good to know that there are experts out there that can set these things strait. Thanks guy's...

Comment

Glad you guys chimed in, and explained how bad an idea a gear trade system would be. Gosh what was I thinking?
                          Good to know that there are experts out there that can set these things strait. Thanks guy's...
                          Given the present objectives that one has while getting end-game gear, it is almost pointless introducing trade. For the mere reason that everybody wants their gear with the same 3 or 4 stats, as close to perfect as possible. Introducing trade you will get something similar to what you have now but probably being even more skewed towards old players (they have hoarded longer, so they can get "pricey" items faster).

The way gear works on eternium, it is a pretty simple ABC of the sets you need for which class, and the market would be either dead or exploited faster than put into practice.

Comment

It's actually not a difficult problem really. The easy solution is to create a separate NEW World economy where everyone starts fresh.
                            Players will not loose their old characters. They just will not be able to play them in the New World.

EDIT: The one "Major Advantage" the vererans will have over the new players is their "Experience". If that's not enough ........... *facepalm*.
                            Last edited by Coldet; 12-27-2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
                              It's actually not a difficult problem really. The easy solution is to create a separate NEW World economy where everyone starts fresh.
                              Players will not loose their old characters. They just will not be able to play them in the New World.

EDIT: The one "Major Advantage" the vererans will have over the new players is their "Experience". If that's not enough ........... *facepalm*.
                              So basically start all over? Like jewelry crafting and cl farming all over again? Nice joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X