PC feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC feedback

I have been trying out Eternium on a Windows 10 PC. Here's a few observations that could be turned into Suggestions :
    1. When you LEFT-click directly on the Hero, he/she runs in place. This does not harm anything but it's a bug.
      ~
    2. When you RIGHT-click directly on the Hero, then he/she starts dancing the Electric Slide. The soundtrack changes too.
      ( ok just kidding, but the hero should not run in place either )
      ~

~
    3. On mobile, when you double or single tap "fairly close to the boss", your little buddy attacks like you want. It's pretty forgiving. On PC, the "I wanna attack the boss" radius is too small. You have to be quite accurate, and if you are not (and if it is a left-click) you run right into their arms/jaws and (probably) get killed. I like the accuracy of the mouse but if I click right-near-the-boss, please assume I want to attack, not give it a hug.
      ~
    4. The center of the "boss circle" (or whatever shape it is) is too low. It seems to centered be around it's feet and naturally extends a little below the feet as well as a above. This is a problem because the view is from behind and above, so you can see more to your north and less to your south. Sometimes you can barely see the area below the boss' feet. The circle should be centered higher, around their knees or mid-section. In my view, any "pixels" that are the boss (except maybe at the very top, again due to the view angle) plus a reasonable but not excessive buffer of extra pixels -- if I left-or-right-click there, I should attack.
      ~
    5. On PC, the cool looking mouse/cursor pointer is too small -- at least if you are a mage. {...aarrgghh, forcing myself not to rant about excessive graphics with Blizzard & Immolate...} A larger pointer, you could keep track of better. Not 10X larger but maybe 50%. I'm dreaming now, but make it a user setting?
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Originally posted by Coda View Post
    I like the accuracy of the mouse but if I click right-near-the-boss, please assume I want to attack, not give it a hug.
    One thing to consider, specifically for TBD, is that sometimes you want to move very close to the boss. I've found it's much easier to kill her if my default location is right next to her so I'm too close to get hit with the lava pools. Then I move away and attack from a distance while she's doing her stun and breath weapon, then back close once all three finish. Since Mage and BH will attack from where they are, it can be a huge pain trying to move them close enough to avoid the pools. Sometimes it's all about the snuggling.

Comment

I agree with the above, I switched from Mobile to PC and I love the extra precision of the mouse and keyboard. I like the idea of a scalable mouse cursor, playing at 1920x1080 it's pretty small; I couldn't imagine how small it is on 4k. While there are a couple little issues, navigation is not one of them, try doing TBD with a big hitbox and you'd have all sorts of issues with accidentally clicking on him instead of moving away while trying to dodge the fire and lava pools. Would probably also screw up dodging Magroths charge and meteor attack if you were anywhere north of him, although that's already a bad tactic, no need to make it harder.

It's easier to fix the problem of meaning to click on the boss and clicking right next to him (click again) than it is to retreat when you accidentally charge them.
      Last edited by Aesthetician; 01-20-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Feedback on PC...

meh

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
          Sometimes it's all about the snuggling.
          Snuggle4Lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
            One thing to consider, specifically for TBD, is that sometimes you want to move very close to the boss. I've found it's much easier to kill her if my default location is right next to her so I'm too close to get hit with the lava pools. Then I move away and attack from a distance while she's doing her stun and breath weapon, then back close once all three finish. Since Mage and BH will attack from where they are, it can be a huge pain trying to move them close enough to avoid the pools. Sometimes it's all about the snuggling.
            A mage cannot see the circle around TBD, which pops up when the fire breath is coming. If you stand anywhere in that circle when she breaths fire, you get blown back. The Immolate and Blizzard graphics obliterate that circle.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
              A mage cannot see the circle around TBD, which pops up when the fire breath is coming. If you stand anywhere in that circle when she breaths fire, you get blown back. The Immolate and Blizzard graphics obliterate that circle.
              True, I can't see the circle, but I can see the arrow for the breath weapon and base my retreat on that indicator.

Comment

Yep. Stand on the edge of your immolate proc and watch for the arrow. I've played on both and didn't notice a problem with hitbox on TBD.
                Dyoma Crown
                Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                Warrior (DW): 148
                BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180121_203833.png
Views:	202
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	82180 The position from which I like to fight so I can see if my cape lights up.
                  Dyoma Crown
                  Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                  Warrior (DW): 148
                  BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Working...
                  X