Crowd Control Timer Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crowd Control Timer Location

I always find it difficult to see the CC timer, especially if the boss is at the top of my screen. Can the timer get moved by the mini-map (maybe have it function vertically - as time expires, line gets shorter)?
    WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

+1 Or at least a bit bigger, hard to see on mobile.

Comment

For clarity, you are suggesting this for the boss only, in Trials?

What about mobs? They all have an individual CC meter.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Wait what? Theres a crowd control timer?
        RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
          The white bar on top of the damage meter

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
            The white bar on top of the damage meter
            I think Humus means those few white pixels you can(n't) see hidden behind the creature's name.

Comment

I never noticed a CC timer for mobs. I'd be happy for a change for bosses.
              WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_01-22-10.09.34.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	82371
                Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post

I think Humus means those few white pixels you can(n't) see hidden behind the creature's name.
                now I'm kinda confused. I always understood the white/grey bar was a "shield" against crowd control. No "time" involved?

paying closer attention to it, it certainly does appear to be a timer.
                RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and VADA YOHI XUVA 4984 - Beta

Comment

now I'm kinda confused. I always understood the white/grey bar was a "shield" against crowd control. No "time" involved?
                  I understood it like this -- probably wrong but here goes:
                  • if you try to "control" an enemy, and if it works, the CC meter fills up to 100%
                  • then a timer starts a cool down; I have no idea the duration
                  • When its CC meter (timer) is back at zero, you can "control" it again
                  • Even if it's not at zero, you still have a chance to control it.
                  • It might be, that if it is 50% cooled-down (still 50% full) than you have a 50% chance you get to "control" it ???
                  • By "control" I mean freeze it, slow it down, etc.
                  • But I am not sure which "effects" are included under the umbrella of "control"
                  Honestly, I do not use a strategy in this area of the game. I simply ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK and if the control occurs, so be it. I ignore the CC meter / timer.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Any cc affects used against an enemy fill the bar partly, if you use too much cc against an enemy (like Frost bolt used to do) the bar fills and the enemy is resistant to all cc affects till the bar is empty. Did no one know this???
                    Edit: The bar constantly goes down unless you are using a cc affect

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                      Any cc affects used against an enemy fill the bar partly, if you use too much cc against an enemy (like Frost bolt used to do) the bar fills and the enemy is resistant to all cc affects till the bar is empty. Did no one know this???
                      Edit: The bar constantly goes down unless you are using a cc affect
                      Does Arc lightning count as crowd control agent?

Comment

Could someone please explain what Crowd Control is? I've seen the grey bar but didn't know what it meant.
                        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post
                          Could someone please explain what Crowd Control is? I've seen the grey bar but didn't know what it meant.
                          Any cc affects used against an enemy fill the bar partly, if you use too much cc against an enemy (like Frost bolt used to do) the bar fills and the enemy is resistant to all cc affects till the bar is empty.
                          The bar constantly goes down unless you are using a cc affect.
                          Crowd control means something that controls the crowd of enemies, like shocking or freezing or stunning them.

Comment

BTW - I read the FAQ on CC. Here's what that says.
                            "Q: What is that grey bar that sometimes appears above an enemy's HP bar?
                            A: This bar is related to Crowd Control(CC) resistance. When an enemy is struck with CC (Stunned, frozen or hit by Singularity or Vortex) this bar will fill. The bar's fill will lower over time, and has no effect on its own. When the bar is full, it will turn blue, and the enemy will be temporarily rendered immune to Stun and Freeze effects. Slows, displacement by Vortex and Singularity, knockback effects and Silence Field can still affect CC immune creatures."

OK, the grey bar is related to CC resistance. So the boss or NPC with the bar is resisting the heroes/minions attacks. Somehow, to some degree for a while. Practically, what good is knowing this? How do I use it?
                            FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

OK, the grey bar is related to CC resistance. So the boss or NPC with the bar is resisting the heroes/minions attacks. Somehow, to some degree for a while. Practically, what good is knowing this? How do I use it?
                              The idea behind the CC bar is to help players plan CC strategy - the higher the bar, the more likely the enemy's resistance.

To get back on point, any other suggestions as to how Devs can make this bar easier to see?
                              WEWE WEMA LUBI 3485

Comment

Working...
                              X