Suggestion: add 1 more decimal/digit to display value of jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: add 1 more decimal/digit to display value of jewelry

Devs, you know how much we obsess over stats on jewelry. Please help us out. Without changing anything except the displayed value in the pop-up windows, please add one additional decimal place to each.

For clarity, below the digits we already can see are shown as "N" and the requested additional digit shown as 'x':
    • P, V, AR, H, CR, and LR -- NN.x
    • CD, XP, Gold -- NN.Nx
    • LoH, DR, Armor -- NNN.x
    Edit: above list pertains to 'Uncommons'.

We know it's there and it's important. It would be of immense help, when crafting, sorting and fusing.

You could even be consistent about # of significant digits displayed, meaning 4 of them for all stats. Thus the "currently 2 digit stats" would then become NN.xx

PLEASE !!
    Last edited by Coda; 02-22-2018, 01:39 AM.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Please don't make me roll all perfect rings, it took me an entire day to just to get the greens... even the event rings aren't 'perfect'
    KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Coda!!!! Stop triggering our collective CDO at a greater degree!!

Comment

strut v 900
        Rytrik

So, those replies are each a "+1" , right?
        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          strut v 900
          Rytrik

So, those replies are each a "+1" , right?
          haha you WISH. lol. I already have terrible anxiety. the last thing I need is more decimal places
          KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Not trying to give people more things to be anxious about, but you do realise that Jewelry is not the only place where the values are rounded right?

The only difference is that the devs gave us the "appearance of control" over the Jewelry, via the cleverly disguised "craft random for Gold" concept. Whereas we do not have the same believe with the gear drops, they're random and beyond our control, and thus don't really mind if those 90 are really proper 90 or not.

Ah, hope, the believe that make you keep on trying and pushing for that proper max...
            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
              Not trying to give people more things to be anxious about, but you do realise that Jewelry is not the only place where the values are rounded right?

The only difference is that the devs gave us the "appearance of control" over the Jewelry, via the cleverly disguised "craft random for Gold" concept. Whereas we do not have the same believe with the gear drops, they're random and beyond our control, and thus don't really mind if those 90 are really proper 90 or not.

Ah, hope, the believe that make you keep on trying and pushing for that proper max...
              The perfect gear will drop. I know it will. I know it will! I know it will!!!!

Comment

Honest question: what difference will a 0.01 make in the endring? +1 or +2? Translated into real stats, at high level CL... No difference at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
                  Honest question: what difference will a 0.01 make in the endring? +1 or +2? Translated into real stats, at high level CL... No difference at all.
                  With the current fusing formula (which I suspect is a bug), almost nothing much at all, unless you're going from 89.9 to 90.0 (or similar cases, in which case you'll get +1) - but I think the suggestion is to simply display it, rather than display the rounded value, to make things a bit easier to sort I suppose.

Comment

With the current fusing formula (which I suspect is a bug), almost nothing much at all, unless you're going from 89.9 to 90.0 (or similar cases, in which case you'll get +1) - but I think the suggestion is to simply display it, rather than display the rounded value, to make things a bit easier to sort I suppose.
                    The only reason is OP's OCD :P

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post
                      You did not read my post thoroughly. I requested the tenth''s digit to be displayed, not the hundreth's.

​​​​​
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I think the suggestion is to simply display it, rather than display the rounded value, to make things a bit easier to sort I suppose.
                        Correct, of course.
                        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Being able to properly sort and fuse the Uncommon pieces, by having the extra digit requested, is "better actual control" and not at all just an "appearance of control".

Example:
                          After crafting, you have some 90s, 89s, and 88s. Having to swap them in and out of a set of 3, to determine which 88s or 89s to use, is a very frustrating process because you are working almost completely in the dark. The only "light" you have is the fuser's display of the final value.
                          ~~~~~

Having the extra digit requested in the display, would greatly improve this process.

Jewelry is indeed in the players control. The devs designed this way from scratch. Jewelry does not drop from any treasure box or boss, and cannot be bought. Why not improve the process?
                          Last edited by Coda; 02-22-2018, 11:17 AM.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Correct, of course.
                            But then, what about those 89.93 and 89.94

The "equip and swap" works best for me so far - got about 20 "not quite" 90s, all nicely sorted. I know none of them are true 90, because I don't get the 119 fuse with them.

Comment

Being able to properly sort and fuse the Uncommon pieces, by having the extra digit requested, is "better actual control" and not at all just an "appearance of control".
                              I meant the whole crafting option is the illusion/appearance of control - Matrix joke.

You don't see this sort of discussions for those values on the other gear pieces, for example.

Comment

Working...
                              X