SUGGESTION: Event Leaderboard Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUGGESTION: Event Leaderboard Rewards

Instead of rewarding additional celestial boxes to the top 10/25/100, please consider changing this to something with a better chance of success -- or milestone-based success. Currently there are over 11,000 warriors on the event leaderboard, so chances of getting even one celestial (aside from the TL80 box) are less than 1%. Getting one at TL80 is great, but the odds of additional celestials can be very discouraging to a large number of players.

A couple ideas:
    - Top 1% / 2% / 3%
    - TL85 / TL90 / TL95

My initial thought is that option #2 would appeal to more players, as we'd be competing with ourselves and not be discouraged by a handful of players that sink a lot of gems/cash to dominate top leaderboard spots. Plus, you may have a larger group of players spending a few dollars/gems to be able to hit TL95. Those elite players who want bragging rights could be immortalized via a running archive of leaderboard screenshots to still give them a reason to climb higher.

Overall, I love the event. It's a great idea, and you've done amazing work. Thank you for making a great game I can play at home on PC and via phone while traveling. This convenience and seamless experience is awesome.

+1
    but you'd need to change the parameters

Like 100 is second celestial..

110 is third

And top 1% above 110 get 4th or something..

Hes right with only 10 players getting 4.

At the end of the day you can always take 1 new celestial every 9 days.. Its not a huge deal.

Personally I will o ly push for top 10 once. This time.. Then ill probs just go to 80 and stop there every time following. Let other people grab theirs. No biggie.
    KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

I think it's ok the way it is. 95% of the rewards are practically participation awards, let's leave a couple of items for the really motivated players.

Besides, I find 135 celestial boxes to 100 players being a much more generous spread than just rewarding the top 3/5/10 players, especially considering that you can already get one for playing relatively casually.
      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I completely agree with you,more people other than just a 100 deserve and need multiple Celestials.This items give immense advantage to holders thanks to an extra attribute,and thus to maintain the competition in this game more people should have multiple of them.

Besides top 10,25,100 are tight numbers,for example- a last minute push for top 10 by someone can get some other guy kicked outside the top 10,thus really upsetting the latter.A percentage figure like 1% can prevent this however,and at the same time people don't have to break their keyboards and hands trying to keep up with vicious competition for few top spots and also don't have to play for extreme amounts of time(which will also help those who don't have enough time to play).More reasonable playtime can also mean less burnout,I can honestly imagine some players in top 10 slowing it down a bit after the event gets over.

And finally this game isn't meant to be a pay-to-win,so the Devs should not have any problems in giving out more ultimate rewards to more number of people.So Devs read and consider the suggestions here very seriously.
        Last edited by Primus; 02-23-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
          +1
          but you'd need to change the parameters

Like 100 is second celestial..

110 is third

And top 1% above 110 get 4th or something..

Hes right with only 10 players getting 4.

At the end of the day you can always take 1 new celestial every 9 days.. Its not a huge deal.

Personally I will o ly push for top 10 once. This time.. Then ill probs just go to 80 and stop there every time following. Let other people grab theirs. No biggie.
          I don't know what the Mage/BH leaderboards look like, but there are only 14 warriors at/above TL100 right now (1@TL105, 1@TL102, 3@TL101, 9@TL100). If TL95 was set as the top tier, there would only be 37 recipients, which seems realistic considering we are one week into the event. If the 2nd celestial was at TL100, I'd stop at TL80 or play another class that can attain higher TLs easier. By setting challenging + realistic goals, players won't feel disadvantaged by playing the class they love.

Also, I thought there was a mention that events would be monthly, not every 9 days. The frequency would obviously have a big impact on how long it takes a player to accumulate a full set of celestial gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
            Besides top 10,25,100 are tight numbers,for example- a last minute push for top 10 by someone can get some other guy kicked outside the top 10,thus really upsetting the latter.[/B]
            Excellent point. There are very likely a number of players laying low, amassing CLs for a surging push during the final hours of the event. Sunday PM (US) is probably the optimal time for the majority of players, but someone in Europe (or further east) could wake up Monday AM to find they were bumped-out while sleeping. There's no perfect time that will suit everyone, so shifting from rank-based towards a milestone-based reward seems much more appealing.

Comment

I agree with making more rewards milestone driven. The time and energy needed to push for Top ## is draining, and most people won't be able to sustain it for long and won't look forward to it after one or two cycles. One of the things I love about this game (prior to the events) is that my progress is completely under my control. If I want better gear I just need to spend more time grinding trial bosses; if I want gemstones I just need to grind TBD/SoA/etc, if I want XP I grind trial trash mobs. But my ability to progress is not limited by someone else.

I understand that some people are competitive, and building more interaction and competition into the game will bring in more value / revenue for the game, and I am all for the developers having a profitable game. Unfortunately I have limited time to spend playing and will not be able to push even for Top 100 consistently. I don't mind people above me getting better rewards than I do, but 4x Celestial vs. 1x Celestial is a bigger gap than I would like.

All in all I think the event and rewards have been well-designed. The class leaderboards do show that Warriors need some serious balancing. And for the love of all that is holy, please make low level Warriors run a little faster. I don't know if I will ever play a Warrior again after how painful it was waiting for some MS on gear.

Comment

Draining indeed. I have put 16 hour days in everyday since the event and I am still worried about not getting a top 10 spot.
                KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

Comment

Draining indeed. I have put 16 hour days in everyday since the event and I am still worried about not getting a top 10 spot.
                  16 hours!!!!!!!!!

Is your hand still usable?How about your shoulders?What about other parts.............never mind.

This is my point when I say that this can lead to burnout,if not physically then mentally.There are some people who would not even want play this game after overexerting in event or two.Also as I have said before,this event is just too long.3-5 days at most should be norm,not nearly 9 days.And the frequency should be limited as well,having more than one event a month will be too much in my opinion.

Besides,most of the event seems to be just a grind fest.Just the same as regular game,but on steroids.People in event are gaining CLs which took months before,and reaching trials which may have taken year or so for some to achieve.This is not sustainable in my opinion.

Comment

To be honest i dont mind the back to backs. I wont do this again. Ill take 1 celestial every time it loops. I can get to an 80 in 20 hours play time. 2 hours a day.
                    KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

Comment

To be honest i dont mind the back to backs. I wont do this again. Ill take 1 celestial every time it loops. I can get to an 80 in 20 hours play time. 2 hours a day.
                      The chief concern with too many events is that,those who want to be at the top(in the game in general) will HAVE to participate or stay behind forever.This is a dramatic change from the past where you could play as you wished and still hope to achieve the top spots or be the top player.Besides,when a game becomes too oriented on grind fests like those events,then it is generally not good for competition and/or playerbase.
                      And finally when pvp and co-op come,you will have the problem of superplayers with tons of Celestial who will break competition.Thus a broad view is necessary with regards to concerns relating to events.

Comment

I won't do another one unless leaderboard is separated for PC and Mobile.
                        BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                          I won't do another one unless leaderboard is separated for PC and Mobile.
                          That would be practically impossible,since this is a cross-platform game and many people play on both PC and mobile.However,they may give certain incentives and advantages for mobile to even out competition with PC.For instance,in PC you get double the general amount of exp,but on mobile you get triple.This will also incentivize people to sharpen their mobile skills and won't turn events and the game in general to all you can grind PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post

That would be practically impossible,since this is a cross-platform game and many people play on both PC and mobile.However,they may give certain incentives and advantages for mobile to even out competition with PC.For instance,in PC you get double the general amount of exp,but on mobile you get triple.This will also incentivize people to sharpen their mobile skills and won't turn events and the game in general to all you can grind PC.
                            (again, only going from what I know, and may or may not be practical for this game)

This is not necessarily "impossible" - software are usually compiled differently for different platform/operating system (cross-compiling, we use CMake at my work, same source code, compiled with different compilers), therefore a flag could be added to message to the server to provide platform information. We only need this information when the Trial's data is sent, to put the data in the appropriate group - all other messages can be left as is.

Something like: "{start of message} | {platform code} | {trial data} ... "
                            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

(again, only going from what I know, and may or may not be practical for this game)

This is not necessarily "impossible" - software are usually compiled differently for different platform/operating system (cross-compiling, we use CMake at my work, same source code, compiled with different compilers), therefore a flag could be added to message to the server to provide platform information. We only need this information when the Trial's data is sent, to put the data in the appropriate group - all other messages can be left as is.

Something like: "{start of message} | {platform code} | {trial data} ... "
                              The impossibility arises not out of technicality,but as said practicality.For instance what if a guy plays one trial on mobile and the other on PC,i.e event character is common across all platforms and hence played across all platforms.Unless you are asking to create separate characters for separate platforms,there arises a complication of what to do when one plays across multiple platforms.Hence practically impossible,even if theoretically and technically possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X