Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
    Something like: "{start of message} | {platform code} | {trial data} ... "
    Would that be able to differentiate between a mobile user and an emulator? That seems to be the main issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
      The impossibility arises not out of technicality,but as said practicality.For instance what if a guy plays one trial on mobile and the other on PC,i.e event character is common across all platforms and hence played across all platforms.Unless you are asking to create separate characters for separate platforms,there arises a complication of what to do when one plays across multiple platforms.Hence practically impossible,even if theoretically and technically possible.
      If they were able to implement something then I would think if you ever play your event hero on a PC then you get positioned on the PC leaderboard. So even if you go back and forth between PC and mobile you would be flagged for the PC leaderboard.

Comment

The impossibility arises not out of technicality,but as said practicality.For instance what if a guy plays one trial on mobile and the other on PC,i.e event character is common across all platforms and hence played across all platforms.Unless you are asking to create separate characters for separate platforms,there arises a complication of what to do when one plays across multiple platforms.Hence,practically impossible.
        Ah, gotcha - although I personally see no issue with having the same character on the separate boards at different Trial level.

Played on Android, got to Trial 100; switched to PC got to Trial 105
        - char on both boards, Android = 100, PC = 105
        - the Android position will stay as is until a higher Trial is done on Android...

The one thing the code cannot differentiate is when the Android/iOS version is played on PC via emulators - so the difficulty will still apply (I recall this was mentioned previously as well - people have asked for separate boards before the event)
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
          If they were able to implement something then I would think if you ever play your event hero on a PC then you get positioned on the PC leaderboard. So even if you go back and forth between PC and mobile you would be flagged for the PC leaderboard.
          That sort of division is possible as said,but do the Devs really want such a division?

Guess that is up for debate.

Comment

Ah, gotcha - although I personally see no issue with having the same character on the separate boards at different Trial level.

Played on Android, got to Trial 100; switched to PC got to Trial 105
            - char on both boards, Android = 100, PC = 105
            - the Android position will stay as is until a higher Trial is done on Android...

The one thing the code cannot differentiate is when the Android/iOS version is played on PC via emulators - so the difficulty will still apply (I recall this was mentioned previously as well - people have asked for separate boards before the event)
            If you have people playing across two LBs,how will they get rewarded? If only from one or best,then what is the point in playing on the other?

Seems unnecessary to me.

Comment

If you have people playing across two LBs,how will they get rewarded? If only from one or best,then what is the point in playing on the other?

Seems unnecessary to me.
              Worse than that ... if you have access to PC you can use the improved game play to gain higher trials for better gear and higher CL, then switch to play on mobile with a beefed up hero compared to mobile-only players to get a top spot. That's why if you play PC at all you would need to be limited to PC leaderboard. This is all assuming that leaderboards get split, which I don't think they will.

Comment

Worse than that ... if you have access to PC you can use the improved game play to gain higher trials for better gear and higher CL, then switch to play on mobile with a beefed up hero compared to mobile-only players to get a top spot. That's why if you play PC at all you would need to be limited to PC leaderboard. This is all assuming that leaderboards get split, which I don't think they will.
                Good point.If characters are allowed to be played across all platforms to any extent,then there is still enough imbalance to render separate LB pointless as PC means better grind for everything from BOL to gemstones.And this game and especially the events are essentially grind fests at core.

Comment

Would that be able to differentiate between a mobile user and an emulator? That seems to be the main issue.
                  Found this bit of code - again, I have no idea if it's practical or useful for this game: Android emulator detector

But yeah, the improved gameplay will result in better gear and quicker levelling, splitting the boards will only be for bragging/comparison - but you'll also have a much wider range of devices when it comes to mobiles/tablets so performance would also vary. Summing it all up, doesn't seem to be worth the effort to even investigate...

(Sorry for going slightly off topic from the original)

Comment

Great discussion here BTW. So moral of the story, if you have access to a PC, best get on it and play this game.
                    BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

should just make them more obtainable.. lmao...
                      KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                        Great discussion here BTW. So moral of the story, if you have access to a PC, best get on it and play this game.
                        This only apply if you're playing competitively, and have time at home to do so. I have limitted time at home, been playing more than I should lately due to the event. I've mainly been playing while in transit to and from work, and spending the weekends working through the calculations/guides/etc. As a casual player, mobile is the perfect platform, it's only when it comes to these sort of "race to the top" events that PC is preferred.

Comment

This only apply if you're playing competitively, and have time at home to do so. I have limitted time at home, been playing more than I should lately due to the event. I've mainly been playing while in transit to and from work, and spending the weekends working through the calculations/guides/etc. As a casual player, mobile is the perfect platform, it's only when it comes to these sort of "race to the top" events that PC is preferred.
                          And as a casual player in another way, I see PC as the perfect casual player system, since then I won't have the game sitting in my pocket all the time. My work requires deep focus and so having access to a game at any time is immensely distracting for me. With the PC, I can limit my play time to only when I'm at home. This works for me. But I can totally see where you're coming from

Comment

Working...
                          X