Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some thought regarding how to balance PC & mobile

Hi Devs & folks,

I am a mobile solely player. My heros' name are Crystal (I know what this name means in English, but I like this name XD)
    currently they are:

Warrior (shield wield) at T112
    BH (Stalker) at T113
    Mage (Frozenbeam) at T113

As a comparison, Top PC players are
    Warrior (Dual Wield) at T114
    BH (Assault) at T118
    Mage (Blink) at T118 (apparently T119+ is doable)

In my another post, I explained why PC is better than mobile when using Assault.

This time, I want to share my 2 cents on some further thinking, which is from a player's point of view, what make PC better than mobile. I hope this post could help the Devs when trying to balance PC & mobile. and, please forgive me if I use some incorrect English XD.

We all know that the secret to high level trials is Damage. but why? the reason can be found in Red's post

Originally posted by Red (Developer)

Monsters in trials levels 8 to infinity will be level 70, but their power will be adjusted by the trial level coefficient. This means that a trial level 100 will deal around 30 times more damage and will have around 1200 times more health than trial level 8. This discrepancy between damage required and survivability required is due to player damage increasing at a much greater pace than player survivability, and because it is more fun to increase damage rather than survivability.
    Both the enemies' HP and damage are scaling exponential, but HP is way faster than damage. This forces players to accumulate offensive stats and using defensive stats as less as possible. However, offense and defense are not only data, but also strategies and skills.

Why Blink is better than FB, Why we can't use blink in very high end playing on mobile?

Because the key point of Mage playing is PULL MORE + AOE + Ninja skill
    - Blink gives the mage flexibility for pulling more
    - On a big screen you can observe the mobs' distributing way easier; decide where you can stand and keep attacking, (which triggers alacrity and immolation that keeps mobs engaged) without being shot way easier;
    - throw a sing or blizzard in 0.1s without stop moving. (on mobile you have to stand there and draw gesture at least 0.5s )

Why Assault is better than Stalker, Why we can't use Assault in very high end playing on mobile?

See the post i mentioned above

Why PC Warrior players can't go as far as BH/Mage, Why PC warrior is not that superior to Mobile (comparatively)

Because warriors have to tank, It's their physical limit.

Why use DW on PC but shield on mobile?

Because you still need ninja skills in high end playing, which is impossible on mobile. Shield gives me better chance to survive.
    but shield is too bad when fighting bosses, So still no chance to catch up with DW.

So, if the devs are going to balance, they should consider all these things (apparently I didn't summarize all), PC seems wins in everything, you may add globe CD, even make every skill has to stand to channel for a while.........etc, but you can't give mobile players better observation or precise control, that's insurmountable, you have to use indirect method to cover these gap. I have no idea, hopefully the devs have....

That concludes my post, thx for your time
    For Gold And Glory

Anything that works. As second rank mage (by 5 seconds) on pc. I can promise you that it is not fun to beat mobile players.

I HATE mobile. being in and out of the hospital all week I had to play on mobile. And I dont want to compete against them. And I can promise you there is a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE.

At home I would farm 100s in 2-3 minutes with 200% boosters on.

On mobile I was doing 85s. With 50% boosters. It was so incredibly hard to compete.

So people who are 100+ with frost beam should honestly all get 3 celestials.

That is crazy hard and given our entire top 100 was barely above trial 100 is a sign of how good these mobile players are.

The problem is that the devs can NOT detect what platform you are playing on.

So how can you split? Someone on pc can use an Emulator and all they see is mobile. So it would be easy to bypass this issue.

Maybe they shouldnt have said anything and just threatened bans on emulator players for playing on mobile high scores? But its too late.. There are too many 'what ifs.'

Id love to see a split. And maybe the devs can find away around it. I can only hope.
    Last edited by strut v 900; 02-27-2018, 03:54 AM.
    KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post

The problem is that the devs can NOT detect what platform you are playing on.
      So how can you split? Someone on pc can use an Emulator and all they see is mobile. So it would be easy to bypass this issue.
      I think high level PC players, for instance, you, wouldn't use emulator for an unfair advantage.

on the other hand, Emulator is not as good as PC, I know they can use autohotkey to draw gestures tho.
      For Gold And Glory

Comment

Allow me to suggest an easy way to detect mobile vs pc player. Count up the #of attempts to trigger an ability. Pc players spam them even if a great many of those triggering attempts are too early. No mobile player will register even close to that number of skill trigger attempts. When played on emulator, the natural instinct is still to spam the skills. Now if a pc player wants to gimp himself by purposely slow down the skill spamming in order to avoid detection as a pc player? All the power to him. He just gave up some of that pc advantage.
        GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
          Allow me to suggest an easy way to detect mobile vs pc player. Count up the #of attempts to trigger an ability. Pc players spam them even if a great many of those triggering attempts are too early. No mobile player will register even close to that number of skill trigger attempts. When played on emulator, the natural instinct is still to spam the skills. Now if a pc player wants to gimp himself by purposely slow down the skill spamming in order to avoid detection as a pc player? All the power to him. He just gave up some of that pc advantage.
          is that possible? Are you a programmer? I dont know code.
          KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post
            on the other hand, Emulator is not as good as PC
            What do you mean emulator isn't as good as a PC? They are the same except for the PC version having more bugs.

Comment

This is quite easy. A developer can just try constantly draw gestures for a solid 2 mins on mobile. Detect the total number of symbols drawn. That is the absolute max a mobile player can input for a given time unit. Basically keep a counter on ability trigger every 10 secs. If the counter exceeds that max, you know it was a pc/emulator player. The ability trigger number will include too early skill spams of course. No real need to get into all the other weirdness. Target one characteristic of the pc player and use that as the identification tag.
              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

A quick further clarification. Let's say the developer was able to input 200 symbols for 2 mins. that means the maximum for a 10sec period is 17 symbols drawn. So if a player exceeds that number of skill triggers over any 10sec period (this includes all failed skill triggers due to CDs not yet finished), you brand the person a pc player. Of course keep that max a secret. I think it will be quite funny to see PC players purposely slow down their skill spamming in order to try to sneak on mobile board... haha...
                GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                X