Making it Right for "A New Beginning" Android Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making it Right for "A New Beginning" Android Players

I feel so strongly about this matter that I had to sign up for a forum account and post my first thread... my beef being the book bug that affected android players for about 5 days of the events. While it may not have been a big issue for many players, it does affect some players greatly. *erm* for example some one may be ranked #27 on the mage LB because he couldn't advance his synergies faster... couldn't farm better earlier... and advance trials faster. He would have easily advanced another 1 to 2 trials more without the bug and earned another celestial box *salivate*

My suggestion (not in any way biased of course) is to treat these folks fairly. For those affected significantly by the android bug (i.e. players who gamed exclusively on android), add a couple of trials on top of the final result. If this lands him in the top 100, 25 or 10, particularly 25, I say give him another celestial box! It's likely that only 10 - 20 more celestial boxes will be given out because of this, since there shouldn't be more than 20 players that are so affected. This is not going to skew the game dynamics. More importantly, the devs will be doing right by these players as they wouldn't feel robbed of loot that they would have otherwise obtained.

Anyway, I don't know whether I'll bother to post again subsequently, so I'm taking the opportunity to say I've enjoyed myself fighting to stop Ragadam's apocalyptic plan. Great job Devs!

I made a request of the same ilk in a thread devoted to this issue. Like you, i played exclusively on mobile and almost raged quit after i found out. I got as high as #34 on the BH leaderboard with 1 and a half days left. By then i had maxed out what my event hero could possibly do. Lacked gems for perfect rings. Got all main abilities maxed but synergy was barely at 100 (after the update that gave mobile extra books). It was just too late. Ran out of time. Makes me think "what if i could have done had i maxed out my abilities at twice the rate?" . That would have given me 2 to 3 days to gather enough XP and gear to make that late push.

In an event where time is precious, getting gear, skills, XP faster pretty much determines the outcome.

BH - Stalker - TL 138 (PC)

Comment

The bug was also on Amazon and I didn't know about it so I went through 2/3 of story mode (including grinding CoW for XP at the start which would have given me a few hours of books) on mobile. I am sorry that you didn't make the goal you wanted. Better luck next time!
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

But how would they see who played on mobile exclusively?

Comment

There is a Mage in the top 10 who played only in Android, same as a BH on the top25 (ended 13th on the event). Orion played most of the event on Android and ended also on the top10 Mage...

Comment

Hades,

Point is, Orion is an exceptional player. Just because he can do it does it justify the 5 day disparity? That's the point. People like me needed a level playing field (to an extent as you can't level the playing field with PC players completely).

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
              Hades,

Point is, Orion is an exceptional player. Just because he can do it does it justify the 5 day disparity? That's the point. People like me needed a level playing field (to an extent as you can't level the playing field with PC players completely).
              The thing is, if they separate both LB, one could just make an Autohotkey script, get an emulator and rip-off through Mobile LB's. That player(s) would be way ahead of the rest of mobile users and the devs would lack any kind of hard evidence against them. That would only bring more complains from the Mobile player base as they see how they remain out of the top tier due to unfair practices. See the point?

Comment

Hades,

We are debating apples and oranges. I am arguing that it is indeed wrong and unfair what happened with the books. You are seem to be saying, well because its impossible to separate, what's the point of asking? Unless you think that the competition was indeed fair and level; That 5 days of getting two to three times more books per time played is fair....

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                  The bug was also on Amazon and I didn't know about it so I went through 2/3 of story mode (including grinding CoW for XP at the start which would have given me a few hours of books) on mobile. I am sorry that you didn't make the goal you wanted. Better luck next time!
                  A level playing field is better than luck haha But luck is always good! And your kind thoughts is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
                    But how would they see who played on mobile exclusively?
                    The app appears to keep track of which device one logs in from as there is some text about "played xxx ago on this device" after the app starts. I would think android emulators would also be subject to this bug so one doesn't really have to differentiate between true and fake android players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                      Hades,

Point is, Orion is an exceptional player.
                      Oh boy... He’s exceptional alright. Just look at that signature.

Dangit Orion, quit doing amazing stuff already

And on point, yes I agree that android not having books was unfortunate to say the least (cough, get Apple...cough). But I think lack of BOL pissed Orion off just enough to make him push top 10.

Comment

I get what you're saying and sure it does kinda suck but the way I look at it is, I had a lot of fun and came out of the event with so much more than I went in with. I'm sure it will get better each event they host.

Comment

Apple wasn’t all good either. For a good two days I kept my legendary boxes in box form because Apple didn’t have the latest patch approved so no hailstorms. That impeded my progress as I was using some crappy guns.
                          GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Five days? I thought it was seven days? Patch came through on Friday.
                            Dyoma Crown
                            Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                            Warrior (DW): 148
                            BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Working...
                            X