Make perfect Uncommon jewelry drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make perfect Uncommon jewelry drop

Similar to the Perfect rare jewelry rewards from the event, but of much lesser value, as the P-rares essentially included 3* Brilliant gemstones.
    The P-Uncommon "box" should have a low drop rate and carry the Legendary item "value", so it would drop where Legendary items currently drop and not more frequently than the equivalent of 1 per e.g. 20-30 Trial runs.

The would still require all the hard work in collecting the amount of gemstones needed for each stage of the fusion/crafting, but it would shift most of the time spent in crafting 1000s of uncommon rings & necklaces to get some good rings, to actually playing the game for a chance to drop them.

I have stacked 8+ million gold and enough currency boosters and gemstones for another perfect set and the only stopping me is that menial task of crafting and selling thousands of Uncommon rings. Some days I can spend an hour or less playing Eternium and I would rather kill stuff than engage in the most Farmville task of the game.
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Yeah, that would make the game much more satisfying. Maybe we will see that in a year or later but I doubt.
    That is what kinda pisses me off right now when I want to play this game, cause I came to the point where either I spend days on making the jewelry or simply not playing because it is too hard for me to do higher trials without, maybe not perfect but REALLY GOOD jewelry.

Comment

We probably cannot craft true perfect pieces. Ever.

True perfect is, for example, an internal value of exactly 180.00000. The crafter assigns a random value between 144 to 180. The "FLOOR" function in the fusing formula makes anything less than a true 180, worse. Even 179.99999 gets "rounded down".

The "display value 90" pieces are not perfect. They are somewhere between 89.50001 to 89.99999. But they are almost certainly not 90.00000.

The probability of randomly receiving a true perfect uncommon is very nearly zero. So, the original post is asking for something that cannot be crafted.

An equivalent drop or purchase, to what we get when we spend hours crafting, would be to receive a piece with an internal value of 179.5000 = 89.75000, with a display value of 90 (if that stat is one of the 90s). This is the average value of what appears to be, by the display value, the best you can craft.

When you have several "display 90s" it is possible to rank them. Read the guide for suggestions of how to do that. Then the question becomes, which ones do you keep? If you had another decimal place in the display, you could reject anything below 89.95001. But you would still (probably) not have 90.00000.

Nhat what are your thoughts?

Last edited by Coda; 03-22-2018, 01:24 PM.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
        We probably cannot craft true perfect pieces. Ever.

True perfect is, for example, an internal value of exactly 180.00000. The crafter assigns a random value between 144 to 180. The "FLOOR" function in the fusing formula makes anything less than a true 180, worse. Even 179.99999 gets "rounded down".

The "display value 90" pieces are not perfect. They are somewhere between 89.50001 to 89.99999. But they are almost certainly not 90.00000.

The probability of randomly receiving a true perfect uncommon is very nearly zero. So, the original post is asking for something that cannot be crafted.

An equivalent drop or purchase, to what we get when we spend hours crafting, would be to receive a piece with an internal value of 179.5000 = 89.75000, with a display value of 90 (if that stat is one of the 90s). This is the average value of what appears to be, by the display value, the best you can craft.

When you have several "display 90s" it is possible to rank them. Read the guide for suggestions of how to do that. Then the question becomes, which ones do you keep? If you had another decimal place in the display, you could reject anything below 89.95001. But you would still (probably) not have 90.00000.

Nhat what are your thoughts?

We can't craft true perfect pieces,but we can create perfect jewelry by using the rare boxes from events.Sure you would need to use only the boxes,which seems a waste just to satisfy OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
          We can't craft true perfect pieces,but we can create perfect jewelry by using the rare boxes from events.Sure you would need to use only the boxes,which seems a waste just to satisfy OCD.
          Let me restate my thoughts:
          • the original post asked for drops of perfect uncommons
          • the logic for that request was, because of the huge burden of time it takes to craft them -- which I agree with
          • the issue with that request is, one cannot craft a perfect piece, thus it is not an "equivalent trade", so to speak
          • it is "more equivalent" to request as the drop, a 179.500 internal value (= 89.7500 stat value, if it is a "display 90"),
            since this is the average value of what we can craft
          • note -- the "best internal value we can craft" is of course slightly different for LoH, DR (360 stats), Armor (180 stat),
            LR (72 stat), CD (60% stat), and XP & Gold (45% stats) -- but use same logic

I was just trying to make your idea more palatable to the developers.

I have suggested this in this past:

Extend the current system, which is gold = random attribute/stat; gems = selected attribute/stat

On the Gold side of things:
          • be able to pay gold, for a random "display/near-perfect 90" uncommon (or equivalent "display ___" for the other stats)
          • for a 90 stat, there is a probability of ~1/72 = 0.5/(180-144) to get >=179.5 internal value
          • so charge at least 840 gold x 72 = 60480 gold, for an internal value of 179.5 = stat value of 89.75
          • this amount -- 840x72=60480 -- is the amount you should end up paying, on average, to get one random "display/near-perfect 90"
          • note this is only true if all attributes/stats have equal probability -- which is NOT the case --
            but with a full drop table one could easily calculate everything via weighted average etc. etc.
          • since we get the benefit of the time savings, maybe it should be 1.5x the "pure probability equivalent" :
            840 x 72 x 1.5 = 90720 gold -- which could be rounded off to 100k
          • and this would give you a random attribute/stat, but it would be "display/near perfect"
          On the Gems side of things:
          • be able to pay gems, for the selected/chosen attribute/stat of your choice, with a "display/near-perfect 90" value
          • same math as above
          • total cost if it were similarly to cost 1.5x the cost of pure probability, would be: 17 x 72 x 1.5 = 1836 gems -- could be rounded off to 2000
          Again all this is based on a 90 stat, and equal probabilities for all stats, but the math would be adjusted for each stat and for the actual probabilities of each stat. Easy to do in a spreadsheet.

The bottom line of the game, in pure Machiavellian terms, is to generate IAP = $. The above would do so without "breaking" anything in the game. The original idea, does kind of "break something" by delivering a drop that is currently not possible (except the perfect-rare-boxes in the events).

Last edited by Coda; 03-22-2018, 02:54 PM.
          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

My intention was to focus on replacing the non-gaming element of crafting uncommon rings for hours in the game's "lobby", with an in-game mechanic that will occasionally provide players with a similar item via actually playing the game.

Maybe it would be better if I changed my wording from "perfect" to "near perfect", as I really would like to keep this suggestion easy to digest and clean from the complicated formulas and discussion that we have on the relevant topic.

Comment

It's the current tedium of clicking [Craft], check, sell, sort that gets to everyone - which can be partly mitigated by spreading it out over multiple "small sessions", rather than doing a "crafting spree". Changing Jewelry to become "drop items" would be a possible way of doing it, but it'll also make the Jewelry Craft page obsolete - similar to how the current Item Crafting is rarely used by players. And might be too much of a change from the original intent of the developers, maybe - it'll also remove the only use of Gold left in the game at the moment.

Most RPG have an element of "crafting" that is done in order to improve items, the thing that impact the player is "how" this crafting is done in the game. Talking to an NPC to craft your items give a very different feel compared to staring at a menu and clicking buttons - even though you're techinically doing the same thing, which is pressing buttons.

It'll be interesting to see the changes that come with the Home Town that the devs have been teasing us about. Shifting all the "lobby" actions to NPC would remove the "non-playing" feel for them, and having the ability to go: "Hi Jewelry Master, here's 1 million Gold, please craft me some Jewelry and give me those that are 90, you can keep the others" and then going off to battle and come back in X hours to collect your pieces would maintain the same functionality but definitely give players an "in-game" feel to things. (Just thinking out loud, but it's a fun thought to entertain...)
              Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Just add an auto sell feature for rings below a certain value and stat. (I.e. anything below 88 is auto automatically sold, and if it is LoH, life regen, damage reflect, armor or any other unwanted stat that it would be sold as soon as you press the "craft" button)

If what I said was implemented it would make crafting less boring (though it ALWAYS will be) because you know every single ring you craft (and doesn't automatically get sold) will be useful because you have set the minimum # to not be sold and which stats you want to keep.
                Last edited by Purple Potato; 03-22-2018, 04:56 PM.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                  Just add an auto sell feature for rings below a certain value and stat. (I.e. anything below 88 is auto automatically sold, and if it is LoH, life regen, damage reflect, armor or any other unwanted stat that it would be sold as soon as you press the "craft" button).
                  Good idea. We would need a simple table of the 12 stats, and for each, a slider for the minimum display value to keep (or a "reject all" box to check).

Since we're on the topic of automating crafting, let me press one button and fill my entire stash with crafted jewelry, then another button to auto-reject / sell.

Rinse & repeat.
                  VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Good idea. We would need a simple table of the 12 stats, and for each, a slider for the minimum display value to keep (or a "reject all" box to check).

Since we're on the topic of automating crafting, let me press one button and fill my entire stash with crafted jewelry, then another button to auto-reject / sell.

Rinse & repeat.
                    I like where you're going with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                      Most RPG have an element of "crafting" that is done in order to improve items, the thing that impact the player is "how" this crafting is done in the game. Talking to an NPC to craft your items give a very different feel compared to staring at a menu and clicking buttons - even though you're techinically doing the same thing, which is pressing buttons.
                      I agree with you on the aspect that it would feel better if we were talking to an NPC to craft our jewelry and the town will help towards that, however I still think that it would be sugar-coating the problem, which is not whether we see a menu or an NPC while we click "Craft" 2 thousand times & then "Sell" another 2 thousand times, but the fact that we have to do something like this instead of killing stuff.

I feel that the macro and batch-like suggestions from the 3 guys above this post, are on the right track.

Comment

(apologies for the double post, I just had a brain-fart)

Another suggestion, which might even make more sense for crafting as a gold sink, as well as an actual benefit from spending gem during the process. The current crafting process would remain the same, but in order to reduce the click/taps required AND give a more meaningful gold and gem cost/benefit ratio, the prices and the rewards could change to something like the following:
                        • Scrap the "Random attribute" option
                        • Craft a Power uncommon ring (72-90) = 5,000 Gold (and same for all other stats)
                        • Craft a higher yield Power uncommon ring (87-90): 30 Gems (and same for all other stats)

Same process, but there are several benefits:
                        • If you choose to only spend gold, it will cost you roughly the same as now, except with only a fraction of the clicks
                        • Spending Gems becomes actually useful, rather than what it currently is (a trap for new players)

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                          (apologies for the double post, I just had a brain-fart)
                          No need to apologize and you could also just edit the post previous to it if you didn't want to make another new post.
                          ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                          ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                          Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Working...
                          X