New Crafting Mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Crafting Mechanism

I've decided to give my thoughts for others to consider. These are divided into broad subjects as noted just below.
    1. New mechanism overview.
    2. Application to generic items.
    3. Application to special items.

New Mechanism Overview

Adding a new level of items and maybe call it Mythical.

Each level of item allows the holding of one bonus; starting with zero stats for common items, uncommon holding one stat, rare holding two stats, epic holding three stats, legendary holding four stats, and mythical holding five stats. This limits the expression of attributes on items.

Every attribute on an item comes in triples. Those triples describe the actual attribute bonus (as is currently implemented), the attribute ceiling bonus, and the attribute dominance (as a probability). The first two are displayed and the latter is hidden from the game player.
    • The current attribute bonus is the bonus that applies to modify the various attributes (Power, Haste, ...).
    • The attribute ceiling bonus moves where that attribute flat lines. This moves the the mapping of flat lining; like Power to Bonus Damage.
    • The attribute dominance defines the internal ordering of attributes.
    • The item level, relative to the dominance, defines whether the attribute is expressive (does something) or regressive (does nothing).
    • All items have at least the minimum number of attributes but can easily have more.
    When items are crafted the following occurs by fusing two items or more:
    • For each and every attribute the actual bonus, the bonus ceiling, and the dominance, is moderated.
    • The actual attribute bonus, attribute ceiling bonus, can averaged with a little bit added on; or else whatever function is deemed appropriate.
    • The Dominance can be added.
    • The level of the item is defined as is currently.
    Application to Generic Items

As an example implementation: A common sword with a regressive Power (+85/+75/65%) is crafted with a uncommon axe with expressive Haste (+88/+72/60%) and regressive Vitality (+88/+88/55%) when crafted into a wand could result in uncommon wand with expressive Power (+85/+75/65%) and regressive Haste (+88/+72/60%) and Vitality (+88/+88/55%).

What the player sees is common sword with Power (+85/+75) crafted with uncommon axe with Haste (+88/+72) result in an uncommon wand with Power (+85/+75).

Continuing, this common wand is then crafted with a rare wand with expressive Haste (+80/+80/80%), crit.Rating (+84/+86/60%), and regressive Vitality (+90/+90/50%) can give a rare wand expressive Vitality (+89/+89/105%) and Haste (+84/+77/140%), and regressive Power (+85/+75/65%) and crit.Rating (+84/+86/60%).

What the player sees is a uncommon wand with Power (+85/+75) crafted with a rare wand with Haste (+80/+80) and crit.Rating (+84/+86) result in an rare wand with Vitality (+89/+89) and Haste (+84/+77).

Application to Named Items

The same would applied for set items and named items except only the same items (Defender Tunic with Defender Tunic).

Any thoughts besides "it'll never happen". Actual implementation of functions can be different such as a weighted average (90% old and 10% new).

Thank you.

I think they are implementing a new crafting system in the next patch, I like this idea, but I'm not sure what they have already coded/have planned
    KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
      I think they are implementing a new crafting system in the next patch, I like this idea, but I'm not sure what they have already coded/have planned
      Not yet for the next patch is the latest impression I have, but definitely in the works.

Comment

If there will be new crafting, let us fuse 3 matched Named/Set pieces:

3 Named Items = 1 new Named Item
        3 matched Set pieces = 1 new Set 1 piece

If I throw 3x Integralas in there, I get a new Integralas with different stats
        If I throw 3 Assault pieces in there, I get a new Assault piece.
        If I throw 3 mixed Set pieces, I get a new random Set piece

The only thing is I get to pick the type of thing to make, rather than constantly trashing hard-to-find Named/ Set Items.

There should be some kind of bonus for matching type, maybe a slightly better roll, maybe a stat is 81-90 vs 72-90

Comment

I think they are implementing a new crafting system...
          True.
          ...in the next patch...
          False.

Comment

Originally posted by ༺྿Travis྿༻ (Support Mgr.) View Post
            True.

False.
            KIFE NUJE WAFO 1716

CLICK >>>HERE<<<FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR ETERNIUM PLAY/GUIDES

Comment

Still a bit unhappy with this idea. Needs more work. There needs to be a way to make the movement of dominance such that a player can be reasonably blindsighted in such a manner that in retrospect they can say "oh, I see, duh".

Comment

Working...
              X