No announcement yet.

A whole new class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to do? There is the LB and events!

Comment

Originally posted by Arionthe View Post
      New Concept: Prestige Class

After player achieve CL1500, they have the option to rebirth one of their character into that character's prestige class. For Warrior, the new class will be Sword Savant (see above).

You will LOSE xp from your account equivalent to CL1500 as the price for accessing this new class. This means your CP will drop to whatever it will be.

You can go one of two ways about this. If Devs dont want to invest that much effort for an entirely new class. Perhaps all Prestige class will be is access to three new Prestige skills. (signature skills from above) in addition to all the warrior skills.

Basically you are spending massive amount of xp to buy signature skills.

Of course design the necessary new prestige sets to further enhance the signature skills so they stand out as described above.

I still strongly suggest to rework the normal attacks in the veins of what I described before. Offensive, defensive and utility/range.

There, that will be a motivating factor to keep grinding some more.

I especially like the one with the sword move. That just conceptually kicks ass.
      Okay....I actually do like the CL loss for class adding stuff....

Just thinking ling term. How do you get people like me to play CL grinding outside of events?
      When you hit 2000CL you can loose it all to upgrade your class.

Ydevs could save time by having several abilities being from the other classes....so a mage might get battle rage or something...meaning you can "mix classes"
      Probably give weapon usages too (probably need add in few more weapons usable only for certian base classes to make that more worth while)
      Then you add 2-3 abilities that the mix has
      So mage keeps everything they have....mix with other class, maintaining my example: warrior.
      Now can use....I dunno I assume warriors have something mages cant use. But no one plays warrior so I don't know. But now your mage can use it.
      gain battle rage....whirl wind for our purple tator friend...and some passives.

Then you also gain things like "blood casting", flaming weapon (hum...increase range on weapon by % I like that as an ability actually...they could have higher than the other classes max...)

And now of course players would need to grind back out another 2000CL. But it's basically a NEW character so it feels okay.
      By time you hit that you have a higher synergy and those new abilities/weapons.
      Set items might be avaliable now cross class (warrior wearing an apprentice set!?!?!)

Wouldn't even need to raise the max level, design new character models or anything.... Basically you just make some jpegs for abilities, add them in and some particle effects for the new abilities....
      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
        whirl wind for our purple tator friend
        wut
        ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
        ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
        Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

let's say you are cl2000 right now. I'm guessing that will drop you to cl1600 or something like that maybe even cl1700.
          I was 2014 CL during the event and 1841 on my main and gained ~47 CL or something. So I am gussing that at that CL, 1500 CL is maybe 30 levels after 2k30 CL

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
            Nothing to do? There is the LB and events!
            Wait until you get to that point where you cannot progress any character any further without the addition of celestial gear. Only then will you realize that carrots are needed to keep players at the top of the LB interested in the game. #eventiumstrikesagain
            Dyoma Crown
            Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
            Warrior (DW): 148
            BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

New Concept: Prestige Class

After player achieve CL1500, they have the option to rebirth one of their character into that character's prestige class. For Warrior, the new class will be Sword Savant (see above).

You will LOSE xp from your account equivalent to CL1500 as the price for accessing this new class. This means your CP will drop to whatever it will be.

I especially like the one with the sword move. That just conceptually kicks ass.
              Veto. Do you have any idea how much time and energy would go into re-earning 1500 CL? Screw that. This conceptually sucks ass.

What CL level are you at, Arionthe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
                Veto. Do you have any idea how much time and energy would go into re-earning 1500 CL? Screw that. This conceptually sucks ass.

What CL level are you at, Arionthe ?
                Most heavy players would earn it that or more for each event. So the event rewards effectively before celestial gear and a free prestige class. Bit citric die it just pointing out that the events gain people mass XP.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
                  Most heavy players would earn it that or more for each event. So the event rewards effectively before celestial gear and a free prestige class. Bit citric die it just pointing out that the events gain people mass XP.
                  ANB1 - I went from ~800 to 1800 by gaining around 1900 CL in the event. ANB 2: I went from 1800 to 1980 by gaining ~1700+ CL. So losing 1500 CL worth of experience could definitely be a lot. Now would it be a straight 1500 CL taken off the top (dropping a CL 2100 player down to 600) or would it be 0 - 1500 CL's worth of XP? Because that's 2 completely separate stories. Strut did 2200'ish CL in ANB1 and gained what... 8 CL on his main account? Something like that.

It'd be rare for someone to gain a pure 1500 boost if they'd drop from 2100 down to 600, even during an event. Unlikely that a single event would blast them back up to 2100.

Comment

would it be 0 - 1500 CL's worth of XP? Because that's 2 completely separate stories. Strut did 2200'ish CL in ANB1 and gained what... 8 CL on his main account? Something like that.
                    Yes to the first part, and it strut got 2044 CL IIRC

Comment

Strut did 2200'ish CL in ANB1 and gained what... 8 CL on his main account? Something like that.
                      2200!,he has 2124-2130 in his main.How could he have made more CLs in event then he would end up in main? So yeah,funny mistake there.He actually did around 2040 CLs in event,which translated to around 60 CLs in main,taking him from 2060s before the event to 2120s after it.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post

2200!,he has 2124-2130 in his main.How could he have made more CLs in event then he would end up in main? So yeah,funny mistake there.He actually did around 2040 CLs in event,which translated to around 60 CLs in main,taking him from 2060s before the event to 2120s after it.
                        Thank you for the correction on the CL amount. Something seemed off; I wasn't sure how much he got in the event. I just knew it was a lot. And I thought he said he only gained about 8 CL on his main. Again, seems my memory is fallible

As for "How could he have made more CL in event than his main?" As I mentioned, I did just that in ANB1, earning 1800'ish CL in the event when my main only had 800'ish CL. Double xp gain + competition can make a massive difference in results.

Comment

As for "How could he have made more CL in event than his main?" As I mentioned, I did just that in ANB1, earning 1800'ish CL in the event when my main only had 800'ish CL. Double xp gain + competition can make a massive difference in results.
                          Mistake again fam,what I said is:-

How could he have made more CLs in event then he would end up in main?
                          This means that "end up" after the event.So yeah,of course one can have higher CL in event than on main,but one would always have more CLs after the event,then what he had during the event,as event CLs are added up to main CLs.

Comment

Working...
                          X