Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melchiah they plan on adding coop and pvp

Comment

BH could benefit from some sort of agility-tank synergies on the sets, making some neglected stats more impactful and relevant. A few examples of 4-piece bonuses or other things:

Two Dodge attempts when attacked vs one.

Double Dodge Rating.

A stat % as a bonus to dodge rating.

Dodge Rating total added to another stat.

Dodge rating procs on hit/kill/crit.

​​​​

Comment

If it's a PvP issue, then delay PvP until *after* balancing by bringing Warrior and Mage up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
          BH could benefit from some sort of agility-tank synergies on the sets, making some neglected stats more impactful and relevant. A few examples of 4-piece bonuses or other things:

Double Dodge Rating.

​​​​
          Think stalker could really benefit from something other than the 10% chance extra attack...a smoke screen cool down...or extend the blinding....even a buff to CD increase after using Smoke screen. The proc seems to reset from the disengage from Smoke...so having it also increase the CD from it might be perfect to give it a slight push....
          Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
          Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
          see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
          and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
          It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
            If it's a PvP issue, then delay PvP until *after* balancing by bringing Warrior and Mage up.
            Balance>PvP.

Comment

by bringing Mage up.
              Invincible minions will bring mage on par with BH enough.
              ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
              ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
              Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

BH isn't a mage. It isn't meant to be played like a mage. A mage needs the extra range & spread of AB because they'll die if a mob so much as sneezes at them. BH is meant to be played as that 'bobbing and weaving' character. That's why Scatter is fine as is, with the range it is. And why Assault 4 has the speed bonus: so they can get in quick, get scatter shots off, get out, and line up snipe shots.

Plus it has RF which helps to rapidly reset cooldowns. And one of the specials that assault BHs use is Smoke Screen... which completely shuts down enemies for a few seconds. Snipe also shuts down enemies for a few seconds.

Pretty sure it's working as intended. And the fact is that BHs are currently ruling the global LB (TL122). So there's gotta be something working with their skillset...

Comment

There's nothing stopping Mages from adding Vit and Armor...

Comment

There's nothing stopping Mages from adding Vit and Armor...
                    Except the timer... because you have to give up damage to add vit and armor (outside of celestials) which means that you won't have the necessary damage to clear the trial mobs & beat the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

Except the timer... because you have to give up damage to add vit and armor (outside of celestials) which means that you won't have the necessary damage to clear the trial mobs & beat the boss.
                      Well I think if we're talking about mobile device - mages, then it's not bad and you won't beat PC user trials via mobile anyway and can't dodge as slick as a PC user so it makes sense to get Vitality (if you don't have celestials yet).
                      Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

Double Dodge Rating.

​​​​
                        Dodge buffs would fit the Class. My BH has a Dodge percentage somewhere in the range of 35% and I haven't paid any attention to boosting that stat at all.

BH is very much as fragile a Class as Mage. My BH has about 40K more T than my Mage, but he still gets one-shotted when running 10 TLs lower than the Mage. Summoned meatshields would benefit BH.
                        Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
                        Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
                        Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
                        Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Comment

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post

Well I think if we're talking about mobile device - mages, then it's not bad and you won't beat PC user trials via mobile anyway and can't dodge as slick as a PC user so it makes sense to get Vitality (if you don't have celestials yet).
                          Some extra vitality is fine as a mobile mage. Armor is never ever a useful stat to stack in the current meta. Especially as a mage.

Comment

To get an idea of how PvP will be between the 3 classes, have a look at how much time each class needs to bring a boss down. As it stands, time to kill all mobs in a high TL Vs time to kill the boss, is something like 85/15 for the BH and close to 50/50 for the Mage.
                            Then there's the need for a complete rework of the crowd control features for each class. How many lightning "slowballs" is a Mage going to be able to launch before a 2k AR Assault BH permamutes him to the wall?

I don't want to be a pessimist and I hope the dev team proves me wrong and comes up with a kickass PvP mode, but I have seen the dream before (*cough*D3*cough*) so I don't get my hopes up too much.

Co-op is a different fruit though and it should require a different type of effort (more on the game's engine and less on balance) and it should hopefully be delivered earlier/easier.
                            I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                              To get an idea of how PvP will be between the 3 classes, have a look at how much time each class needs to bring a boss down. As it stands, time to kill all mobs in a high TL Vs time to kill the boss, is something like 85/15 for the BH and close to 50/50 for the Mage.
                              Then there's the need for a complete rework of the crowd control features for each class. How many lightning "slowballs" is a Mage going to be able to launch before a 2k AR Assault BH permamutes him to the wall?

I don't want to be a pessimist and I hope the dev team proves me wrong and comes up with a kickass PvP mode, but I have seen the dream before (*cough*D3*cough*) so I don't get my hopes up too much.

Co-op is a different fruit though and it should require a different type of effort (more on the game's engine and less on balance) and it should hopefully be delivered earlier/easier.
                              I could see PvP just turning into a whale trap. I already have my suspicions that the normal LBs were only included to fuel the illusion of competition/relative deprivation between players because that *always* helps to push IAPs in any freemium model. PvP does the same thing to a greater degree by making the competition between players even more direct and face-to-face. Then when you consider the fact that PC players are ranked alongside mobile players despite the significant mechanical advantages that the former enjoys...

So yeah, I'm skeptical of a possible PvP mode too, to put it lightly. Wallet warriors tend to run amok in freemium PvP. Now, clan vs. clan would be kinda cool, like with 4v4 instead of 1v1 (various modes like CTF and DM), and Championship-type events for clans. But there would have to be a LOT of balancing either way for any kind of direct PvP, probably to the point where regular mode and PvP mode would be using two drastically different sets of mechanics and values.

Co-op would indeed be an easier roll-out since it would just be single-player amplified, but it would still be a good idea to hang more on it: Things like co-op-only modes/events (like Apocalypse and Nightmare mode were on SAS:ZA4), and maps like huge dungeons and boss raids designed to make co-op really shine. Just dropping it into the normal game would be fine and good and all, but it should also be treated as a foundation in itself, just like PvP.

Oh, and still wanting to hear more BH ideas. Might start adding to the OP as we go.
                              Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
                              Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
                              Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
                              Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post

I could see PvP just turning into a whale trap. I already have my suspicions that the normal LBs were only included to fuel the illusion of competition/relative deprivation between players because that *always* helps to push IAPs in any freemium model. PvP does the same thing to a greater degree by making the competition between players even more direct and face-to-face. Then when you consider the fact that PC players are ranked alongside mobile players despite the significant mechanical advantages that the former enjoys...

So yeah, I'm skeptical of a possible PvP mode too, to put it lightly. Wallet warriors tend to run amok in freemium PvP. Now, clan vs. clan would be kinda cool, like with 4v4 instead of 1v1 (various modes like CTF and DM), and Championship-type events for clans. But there would have to be a LOT of balancing either way for any kind of direct PvP, probably to the point where regular mode and PvP mode would be using two drastically different sets of mechanics and values.

Co-op would indeed be an easier roll-out since it would just be single-player amplified, but it would still be a good idea to hang more on it: Things like co-op-only modes/events (like Apocalypse and Nightmare mode were on SAS:ZA4), and maps like huge dungeons and boss raids designed to make co-op really shine. Just dropping it into the normal game would be fine and good and all, but it should also be treated as a foundation in itself, just like PvP.

Oh, and still wanting to hear more BH ideas. Might start adding to the OP as we go.
                                I still don't think that Trials being reached is the best way to check and balance the classes.

As far as trial achievement goes, you have 2 options. Either to nerf the class who's leading or buff the other classes so they can reach it too but before any of those are done, you gotta put into consideration how many of ''that class'' is really leading the leaderboards. It's not a question of one BH for example getting Trial 123 with the remaining BH's at 121 while mages are all in 122. That can be skill based already and (app support-based) since PC users have stuff going in for them and some that do not (some bugs).

There's no sense to talk about PvP balances if it's not even out yet. Like how much do you think are classes going to mitigate from each other's damage? How much does it really take someone to kill one on one? To be honest, BH is not really an OP class as far as I'm concerned when it comes to PvP since people can just get a ton of Move speed and run away waiting for cooldowns. Assassinate is so easy to dodge, Smokescreen just makes you invisible but (shouldn't make you invulnerable as far as AOE skill damage is concerned-PvP).

Just imagine a frost element user mage casting blizzard in your area to slow you down then blink towards youto use frost nova (6 seconds) then freeze you do death with 3x damage frost bolts while not being able to move? Not to mention the combination of the time altering skill mages have (which shouldn't be allowed in PvP really-unless they reduce the effectiveness.

Not to mention the Warrior's devastating strike 1 hit KO'ing a BH or Mage that doesn't have high Vit, LOL.
                                Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Working...
                                X