Bounty Hunter Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
    BH isn't a mage. It isn't meant to be played like a mage. A mage needs the extra range & spread of AB because they'll die if a mob so much as sneezes at them. BH is meant to be played as that 'bobbing and weaving' character. That's why Scatter is fine as is, with the range it is. And why Assault 4 has the speed bonus: so they can get in quick, get scatter shots off, get out, and line up snipe shots.

Plus it has RF which helps to rapidly reset cooldowns. And one of the specials that assault BHs use is Smoke Screen... which completely shuts down enemies for a few seconds. Snipe also shuts down enemies for a few seconds.

Pretty sure it's working as intended. And the fact is that BHs are currently ruling the global LB (TL122). So there's gotta be something working with their skillset...
    Works as intended. Dev's have even said so.
    i wouldn't MIND a slight push up on range, nothing like letal shot, just for mobile uses to get better usage. As it is it's super hard for many mobile players to even precive using it.
    I think only real problem with it's range comes in the way rapid fire works. The character doesn't seem to KNOW his limited range and if one enemy is closer than a few behind it will still spread RF out hitting only the one in front while rest fall short.

RF TARGETING while using scatter should account for it's range. That'd be only change I would actually REAALY want.

Snipe...I dunno why it goes into the ground some times....if that was where my mouse was OKAY it's where I was aiming. But some times I put my mouse way on other side group hoping to get them all for it to hit one enemy and vanish....ugh
    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post

I still don't think that Trials being reached is the best way to check and balance the classes.

As far as trial achievement goes, you have 2 options. Either to nerf the class who's leading or buff the other classes so they can reach it too but before any of those are done, you gotta put into consideration how many of ''that class'' is really leading the leaderboards. It's not a question of one BH for example getting Trial 123 with the remaining BH's at 121 while mages are all in 122. That can be skill based already and (app support-based) since PC users have stuff going in for them and some that do not (some bugs).

There's no sense to talk about PvP balances if it's not even out yet. Like how much do you think are classes going to mitigate from each other's damage? How much does it really take someone to kill one on one? To be honest, BH is not really an OP class as far as I'm concerned when it comes to PvP since people can just get a ton of Move speed and run away waiting for cooldowns. Assassinate is so easy to dodge, Smokescreen just makes you invisible but (shouldn't make you invulnerable as far as AOE skill damage is concerned-PvP).

Just imagine a frost element user mage casting blizzard in your area to slow you down then blink towards youto use frost nova (6 seconds) then freeze you do death with 3x damage frost bolts while not being able to move? Not to mention the combination of the time altering skill mages have (which shouldn't be allowed in PvP really-unless they reduce the effectiveness.

Not to mention the Warrior's devastating strike 1 hit KO'ing a BH or Mage that doesn't have high Vit, LOL.
      Oh....valid point!
      mages suffer a lot more from the PC mouse bug!
      As a mostly BH player I almost never use secondary attack focusing on scatter (been playing with it to pull enemies off other groups and close packed groups appart but that's it)
      Which could GREATLY effect the ability to reach last last highest trials....

Warriors though....warriors suck.
      They are really missing something(s)
      Lack DPS, lack of effects that just REALLY seem to tear through groups
      No set gear that really stands out for people
      Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
      Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
      see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
      and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
      It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

Works as intended. Dev's have even said so.
        i wouldn't MIND a slight push up on range, nothing like letal shot, just for mobile uses to get better usage. As it is it's super hard for many mobile players to even precive using it.
        I think only real problem with it's range comes in the way rapid fire works. The character doesn't seem to KNOW his limited range and if one enemy is closer than a few behind it will still spread RF out hitting only the one in front while rest fall short.

RF TARGETING while using scatter should account for it's range. That'd be only change I would actually REAALY want.

Snipe...I dunno why it goes into the ground some times....if that was where my mouse was OKAY it's where I was aiming. But some times I put my mouse way on other side group hoping to get them all for it to hit one enemy and vanish....ugh
        Snipe does that on mobile too.

The range issue on RF is indeed annoying, almost as annoying as not getting ready notes for it.

Funny, that reminds me of my philosophy on freemium games: The only difference between a bug and a back-end paywall is whether or not the devs feel like fixing it. ;-)
        Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
        Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
        Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
        Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Comment

I still don't think that Trials being reached is the best way to check and balance the classes.

As far as trial achievement goes, you have 2 options. Either to nerf the class who's leading or buff the other classes so they can reach it too but before any of those are done, you gotta put into consideration how many of ''that class'' is really leading the leaderboards. It's not a question of one BH for example getting Trial 123 with the remaining BH's at 121 while mages are all in 122. That can be skill based already and (app support-based) since PC users have stuff going in for them and some that do not (some bugs).

There's no sense to talk about PvP balances if it's not even out yet. Like how much do you think are classes going to mitigate from each other's damage? How much does it really take someone to kill one on one? To be honest, BH is not really an OP class as far as I'm concerned when it comes to PvP since people can just get a ton of Move speed and run away waiting for cooldowns. Assassinate is so easy to dodge, Smokescreen just makes you invisible but (shouldn't make you invulnerable as far as AOE skill damage is concerned-PvP).

Just imagine a frost element user mage casting blizzard in your area to slow you down then blink towards youto use frost nova (6 seconds) then freeze you do death with 3x damage frost bolts while not being able to move? Not to mention the combination of the time altering skill mages have (which shouldn't be allowed in PvP really-unless they reduce the effectiveness.

Not to mention the Warrior's devastating strike 1 hit KO'ing a BH or Mage that doesn't have high Vit, LOL.
          All further reasons why I think that PvP would be a bad idea, unless maybe it were a team thing and using a near-completely different system of balance from the main game. And that would still be a huge maybe.
          Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
            The only difference between a bug and a back-end paywall is whether or not the devs feel like fixing it. ;-)
            You seriously need to stop using the word "paywall". THERE ARE ZERO PAY WALLS IN ETERNIUM. Every single part of the game is playable as a F2P. If there was content behind money that is a pay wall (say act 4 was out but you had to buy it for $1 to play it).
            ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
            ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
            Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
              You seriously need to stop using the word "paywall". THERE ARE ZERO PAY WALLS IN ETERNIUM. Every single part of the game is playable as a F2P. If there was content behind money that is a pay wall (say act 4 was out but you had to buy it for $1 to play it).
              First of all, you're using it in strictly front-end terms. Maybe do a little research before you start presuming to bark orders.

Second, that was a little joke. See the smiley? Evidently you didn't.

Third, play semantics all you want. But at the end of the day, it's a freemium game wherein the overwhelming majority of player progress is determined by a RNG. IAP profits will *always* be the principal motivation behind such a game, because that's how it works in the real world, and those profits have been proven across the entire freemium model to be increasable through a variety of back-end means. Feel free to get around to dealing with that whenever you want. ;-)
              Last edited by Melchiah; 05-07-2018, 07:37 PM.
              Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

IAP profits will *always* be the principal motivation behind such a game, because that's how it works in the real world,
                "Eternium is crafted with passion by a small band of old-school RPG fans, who love making the game they always wanted to play."

It's not the line I could find that says something along the lines of "made with passion not with greed" but it works.
                ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

All further reasons why I think that PvP would be a bad idea, unless maybe it were a team thing and using a near-completely different system of balance from the main game. And that would still be a huge maybe.
                  It can't be a bad idea to release it pre-maturely since there's no way it can be launched 'perfectly.' Well, as long as there's no Leaderboards so there's no drama. :P
                  Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

It can't be a bad idea to release it pre-maturely since there's no way it can be launched 'perfectly.' Well, as long as there's no Leaderboards so there's no drama. :P
                    I'd bet that they'd beta test it extensively.

Pretty safe to assume that MP LBs would be ranked separately from SP LBs. Another good reason to have Championship events and a Clan system.
                    Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Working...
                    X