X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris.m.jackson
    replied
    I just started, almost level 6, and I still can't find deckard cain! I do like the throwback forums and fruit ninja casting, at least 3 decades of nostalgia in 15m. All jokes aside I look forward to ditzing around until I'm drawing v's on **** irl. ?

Leave a comment:

• Hawmoon
    replied
    The Heroes share gems, money and most of the recipes.
    I made a mistake buying the bracers for the "2nd" hero, ignoring the difference between Mage and BH bracers, as the firsts imply cloth and the seconds leather...

Leave a comment:

• Beercules
    replied
    There should be some confirmation for crafting an enchantment... just like how the screen changes when crafting any other item. At first (and still if i am crafting when i am a bit twisted or tired) i would think that i didnt craft because the screen never changed... and i would subsequently craft the same enchantment over again even though i no longer needed it.

Also, i remember that i didnt understand the books of learning during my first anb - there should be an in game explanation of them somewhere for brand new players

Leave a comment:

• Beercules
    replied
    I would also waste time hanging around chests and battle grounds until i collected everything... that didnt last long though, the first time you miss something and it comes flying back to you at the end of a level or trial, you realize that its a built in functionality.

More importantly, i didnt quite realize at first how important resources and gems were (i started right before ads were taken away a couple months ago. Also, i only relatively recently discovered the forum.) As such, i was super frivolous with my crafting and spending (open a locked chest for 54 gems? Sure, i have 60!!)... had i known better, i may have been a bit more careful

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, the art team is hard at work on new UI stuff.

• Jeremy Rosengrant
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Changing the start dialogue to 'defeat enemies and boss before timer expires to unlock next trial' may inform new players about the requirements.

• echomirage
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremy Rosengrant View Post
    Once a trial boss is dead the enter portal message partly covers the trial timer.

Jeremy Rosengrant if I’m not mistaken, that’s a known bug (affects me too, iOS). There’s been some scuttlebutt of upcoming UI changes and hopefully a fix for that will be one of the changes.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy Rosengrant
    replied
    Playing trials on a mobile, I did not notice there was a timer. I first visited the forum to see why I couldn't unlock the next trial. When a trial loads it says (something like) beat it as fast as you can to unlock the next one; my fastest was longer than 10 minutes.
    Once a trial boss is dead the enter portal message partly covers the trial timer.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201103-073636_Eternium.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	185045

Leave a comment:

• RockDoc
    commented on 's reply
    I thought they were 15 min, but you may be right.

You are correct. 10 min, not 15.
    Last edited by RockDoc; 05-26-2020, 10:46 PM.

• lmcelhiney
    commented on 's reply
    10 minute?

• RockDoc
    replied
    Books are given in various levels through story mode. They are useless except provide background to story. I keep 1 of each in stash so I don't get a new one every time I run specific levels, which happens when farming story mode or running daily quests.
    Books of Learning are a different beast. You only get those in ANBs, and they reduce time for abilities to upgrade. There are 15 minute, 1 hr and 3 hr BoLs.

Leave a comment:

• Loreg
    replied
    A week after I started the game, ANB - Gold league have started. So I went here at forums to answer all my questions (about the event and stuffs). I believe I could have known the mechanics and "stuffs" of the game just by playing the game itself. But reading at forums is like a +200% Exp Bonus in real life ?

One thing that consumed my gametime playing are the "books". I literally double checked and triple checked all the "People" (Alarion, Liana etc.) around hometown if there are unfinished quest, because I thought those "books" are requirements for a specific task/quest (and I also literally thought it needs to stay in the inventory the whole gameplay of your life).

Leave a comment:

• steampunk
    replied
    - A little information about how to enchant weapon or armor will be helpful for newbies. It took me awhile to found how to do this, which is pretty simple.
    - Quick information about auto-attack setting. I found this after 2 or 3 weeks playing. It helps alot for mobile player.

Leave a comment:

• Ubba Lothbrokson
    replied
    Dr. Jaska,

There's a lot to unwind in your post, so I won't even try to address everything, just a couple of things that jumped out at me.

First, the current crafting system was only introduced something like a year ago, not lost in the hoary mists of antiquity as you imply. And please believe me when I say that it is a huge improvement over the previous system. Most of us embraced the system, while noting its' idiosyncracies, and did what was needed to take advantage of it. If you don't want to do so that's your issue, not ours. Veteran players SHOULD have an advantage over newbies who don't want to do the work.

Secondly, no-one with any sense is "Looking at a newer player's ANB gear and asking why their gear is so bad as it's full of lv71 and 72 gear." We know why a new player has difficulty getting better gear. Pointing out how to get better gear is not a criticism, it's intended as help and should be taken as such.

Thirdly, if you want to master this game, there are quite a number of things you are going to need to spend "endless hours" doing:
    • Increasing your crafting mastery (actually this is not endless, although I'll grant it can feel like it at the time).
    • Gathering the materials and gold needed not only for the above, but to actually craft good gear once you have achieved level 50.
    • Farming experience to get your champion levels up to where you can make a credible run at the leaderboards.
    • Acquiring all the crafting recipes so that you can craft what you want, when you want it.
    • Farming gems so that you have them to use for buying stuff you need, both in ANB's and in the regular game.
    • Crafting perfect jewelry (or as close to it as you can).
    • Crafting the best possible gear.
    • Actually learning to play the various hero types, gear sets and effective tactics. This game is not just point and shoot. There's a lot more to it than that.

Those of us who've been around for a while have already completed some of these things, but the rest are on-going and probably always will be.

Frankly, the impression you give is that of someone who wants everything handed to him on a silver platter. To really get anywhere in Eternium, you have to be willing and able to put in the effort. In my opinion, that is as it should be.

As I've said to a couple of new players (who were asking for help, not railing against the perceived inadequacies of the game's design) - Eternium is a marathon, not a sprint.

If a sprint is what you want, you should probably look elsewhere. If this sounds harsh, perhaps it is. I'm simply trying to speak truth. Sometimes that does sound harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Jaska
    replied
    Currently 4 weeks in looking at the inbox messages.

There was no indication or helping text pop-ups that all dropped loot at the end of the level would fly towards me but I quickly noticed it after leaving health pick ups behind. Otherwise first impressions were nice but deciding to watch a few ads in a row made me feel like I'm lying in bed waiting rather than playing an actual game, having a few guiding words to say to generally ignore ads unless farming for gems would've been nice at the start to not feel overwhelmed by the ads and later on I was wishing that I could viewbot more ads without (much) gameplay to get gems.

Another thing which really, really grinds my gears is the crafting mastery system. Seeing that at mastery lv20 or so crafting a lv71 legendary item gives ~one fifteenth of a level or so after saving up for that craft for a while really feels like a let down and an enormous grind without even knowing what the max level is going to be. last unlocking perk is at 25 but after it's unlocked it seems endless. Even after looking for help and knowing that the crafting mastery level limit is 50 crafting 15 items per level assuming that the experience amount isn't scaling which it definitely feels like it is after blazing through the earliest levels one could only hope to be at the max level after crafting 15x50=750 legendary non-set items which feels absurd. After looking online for help again I find that it's recommended to spend a couple million gold only by crafting lv14 green armor pieces to get to the max crafting mastery to not waste resources crafting very likely much worse gear. After spending 500k gold on crafting lv14 greens I find it very repulsive and outright offensive towards the players that they either have to endure through this or basically never within a long time of playing the game have maxed crafting mastery to have the best chances for crafting good gear let alone actually get lucky and get the good gear. Something is definitely wrong with the system if EVERY PLAYER NEEDS TO SPEND HOURS manually CRAFTING low level TRASH to level up efficiently.

Looking at crafting mastery with ANB events in mind I can fully accept that gems which players have paid for or earned do carry over but crafting mastery which is comparable to gold in the sense that all non-event characters share it and it only needs to be farmed for once if going full hoarder mode and getting more of it that ever is necessary. If you'd remove it from carrying over to ANB events there would surely be an uproar from the veteran community mentioning extensive grinding, handicapping players and cries about crafting mastery outright being a bad system since it's something which veterans have already farmed for once years ago and forgotten about. Or they've had 0 perks when they were veterans and then then everyone is fine with additional perks being able to be earned by crafting good set items which keep being better and better. Looking at a newer player's ANB gear and asking why their gear is so bad as it's full of lv71 and 72 gear despite having "the new character&better odds for crafting / new toon crafting bonus" only be reminded about crafting mastery is a feeling which is only describable by a facepalm is not a good feeling and recommending them to use their main characters to farm ~2-3 million gold only to spend 3-5 hours of crafting lv14 green armor pieces to have better odds in an event which is supposedly a fresh start for EVERYONE is not a good feeling and should never happen.
    Last edited by Dr. Jaska; 05-08-2020, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X