Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone playing with a Surface Tablet or Surface Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone playing with a Surface Tablet or Surface Pro?

Enquiring minds want to know!

How is the game on your device? Do you play it strictly touchscreen or do you also use a keyboard/mouse?

Just being nosey and wondering what devices that fellow players are using.

I'm half-tempted to invest in a tablet after seeing how the responses come in to Tin Man 's thread.

Seems to me the bigger screen over a phone has its obvious advantages over a phone. What's the concensus?

How about any disadvantages?
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
      Tablets are heavier and you have more screen area to cover, both of which contribute to hand fatigue.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Never would have guessed the fatigue issue. Thanks for the feedback!

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        WarriorSeven I know multiple players that use tablets in general. A big reason is that the screen is bigger which makes it easier on old eyes among other issues.

The particular question I asked was due to Surface tablets running Windows. Then there is the whole keyboard support.

Travis' remarks are a factor only if you are holding the tablet and you are using the touchscreen.

When I play on touchscreen? I play on a 21" touchscreen, not a tablet.
        Last edited by Tin Man; 04-17-2023, 11:00 PM.

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand, Tin Man. Am looking forward to the additional feedback on the accessories, which if I understand correctly, would put that configuration into the realm of a PC-like device instead of a mobile/phone, correct?

Originally posted by WarriorSeven View Post
      The reduced horizontal field of view because of the aspect ratio. The poor handling of it by the game, resulting in the hiding of some useful information during fights.
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe that the Surface Pro has a wider field of view than my mobile but that is one of the things that I am trying to verify.

Is why this thread is about Surface and Surface Pro rather than general tablets. Issues with Android and/or Apple tablets do not necessarily exist with the tablets that I am asking about.

I hear you Tin Man. My Dell laptop has served me well, but it's getting old (like it's owner, lol). Besides, I have it exclusively configured as a desktop, a bit too bulky and heavy as a laptop for me.

The Windows Surface systems have been and continue to be very intriguing to me as well. Definitely devices that seem to be FAR more portable with their lighter and thinner form factors, while also functioning as powerful PCs. As gaming devices to compete with phones (as my motivation to change), I too am very interested in what other Eternium users have to say about either system.
      Last edited by WarriorSeven; 04-19-2023, 01:12 AM.
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

When I first began playing it was on a Surface Pro 4. I used it as a tablet, and performance was reasonable, but the battery life was horrendous and it tended to overheat. I didn't have a mouse so couldn't use it as a PC for playing, only mobile. Trackpads are awful with the keyboard. I'll dig it out of the computer graveyard and see if it still works, i.e. whether I can still login in to Eternium. I was very new to the game and stopped for a while until I bought a decent tablet.​

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. That answers the first major question which was whether or not the device supported the Windows version of Eternium.

Not surprised that it tended to overheat. Eternium likes to cause my desktops to overheat.

• Gargos
          Gargos commented
          Editing a comment
          Got the old Surface Pro working. Same issues; it's sluggish, overheats, and even though I found an antique usb mouse the lack of a numeric keypad made it annoying. A new Pro should be better. The screen is a miserly 13 inch, only a little larger than my Tab S7, although the FoV should be PC-like.

• Gargos
          Gargos commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got a Surface Notebook now. Fixed keyboard, but still touchscreen enabled. I've got Eternium installed but stll prefer the tablet, possibly because an unreliable bluetooth mouse and lack of a numeric keypad make it a pain to use. The horizontal FoV is slightly better than my tablet, e.g. Act 3-34, Oasis, is more slightly more visible than with the tablet. It's far smoother than the old Pro, larger screen, and doesn't seem to overheat, although I haven't pushed it in trials. Version 1.5.100.
          Last edited by Gargos; 04-19-2023, 10:00 AM.
      Working...
      X