Update to game content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to game content?

I have read and watched the videos about "Unity Development". All good. I started playing Eternium in the doctor's office waiting room on my iPhone and now almost exclusively play it on Steam on my PCs. However, what about game content? Adding more dungeons, new areas and expanding the storyline? What can we expect? I like Eternium's gameplay and enjoy its straightforward approach to gaming in general. I am used to playing online games that incorporate "grind" as a means to advance, but that only goes so far without some variance and updated content. I am still grinding as only half my gear is end-game worthy (either CT'd or lvl 77 or both). I like the ANBs now that I understand their purpose and have a handle on the trial boss fights. All on a warrior. I've built a mage and yet to build a hunter, but those are my goals - so much still to be done. SO, are there plans to expand? If so, in what general timeframe?

Did you also read the the artemis thread?

Comment

New content and longevity of the game is 1000% the reason we're rebuilding the game in Unity.

Comment

Well, yes, I read the Artemis thread and watched the video. But that looks like a different game unless it is being tied into Eternium or where Eternium is going. Unity is a great game engine and I am excited about the prospects for Eternium's future. Unless I am reading into this too much, it looks like there will not be any new content or updates until it is fully ported into Unity. Well, it was an innocent inquiry. Was just curious since I play Eternium almost exclusively these days.

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          You are reading right.

Artemis is a completely different game. Do not expect any content changes until the new Unity version of Eternium drops. Making Fun is making adjustments to the Marmalade version of Eternium that are low-hanging fruit that does not require major coding.

Thank you, Tin Man - I knew I could count on you or one of the other seasoned Eternium veterans to right my sails and set me straight. Good metaphor and good to know. I like Eternium. It is an excellent middle-ground game for me (between virtual Monopoly and WoW).

Comment

Working...
        X