Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.8.4 woes - am I the only one?

Hi,

on my old Samsung Galaxy A5 (my daily driver is currently a brick) 1.7.9 works flawlessly; however, this morning I uograded to 1.8.4, and when, after dinner, I wanted to play, the app crashed every time on start-up.

I tried the usual - force closing the app, rebooting my device, deleting the app's data; nothing helped.

So, for the time being, I've gone back to 1.7.9.

I can't see any mention of problemswith 1.8.4 in the Forum; can it really be that they occur ONLY on my device?

Yours is the first report I've seen. Do you see any error messages or anything?

Comment

No error messages, just the box "was closed repeatedly, tell us about it", which I did twice, before and after deleting the app's data.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Try a clean re-install:
        - Open your app manager and find Eternium.
        - Force close the app.
        - Clear the app data/cache.
        - Uninstall the app.
        - Restart your device.
        - Make sure you have a stable network connection.
        - Reinstall the app.
        - Launch the game and login.

It's important to follow all of the steps and do so in order.

No luck - I progressed to "Launch the game" - crash at startup.

Question now: is 1.8.4 one of those versions that HAVE to be intalled to run the next ANB, or will 1.7.9 still work tonight our time for ANB Gold?

Comment

Thanks for the info, Travis.

So, I'll have one more ANB before "the lights go out" and I'll have to hope for a later version which doesn't "die on me".

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Editing a comment
        Do you have another device to test on? Your report is still the only one to come in.

Same problem here, also using Samsung Galaxy A5

Comment

2 players with the same device seeing the same behavior? Now we have a pattern. Siegfried Stein please PM me the email address used for your Eternium profile.

Comment

Siegfried Stein Please send me a PM with the email address used for your Eternium profile. Thanks!

Comment

Same for me and I play on a gaming pc using Bluestacks. Everything was fine until I updated this morning and now nothing.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Editing a comment
              Emulators (like Bluestacks) are not supported. You'll have to play the game on an officially supported platform. You can find all of the download links at EterniumGame.com.

• Teebs
              Teebs commented
              Editing a comment
              Just curious why you are playing a Bluestacks work around when there is both a Microsoft store and Steam versions for PC available?
          Working...
          X