Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye (for now, hopefully) .... or rather: bye bye, have fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye (for now, hopefully) .... or rather: bye bye, have fun!

Hi,

as announced by Travis, it's strictly v. 1.8, now, and my Galaxy A5 can't play this version (crash on Start).

Knowing the devs' record for quickly solving minor problems (minor to them, at least), I may well be gone from Eternium for quite a while.

Still, as they say in Germany: hope dies last; so, again... bye FOR NOW!

Have lots of fun!

Kind Regards, Jochen
    Last edited by Medamanaman; 08-14-2023, 07:11 PM.

Are you able to economically upgrade your phone?
    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Is your A5 rooted or anything?

Comment

All my devices since 2012 have been rooted.

Buying a new phone would not be any problem financially, BUT Android has advanced far beyond OS 8.1, and ever since Android 9 two of my most important apps no longer work (both developers have given up the fight against Google's incompetent arrogance), so I'll stick to my old phones as long as humanly possible.

At present I still hope that my Galaxy S9 can be repaired - without the repair centre doing its "obvious and unavoidable" duty of installing the latest OS version available for that phone; also, somewhere in the cellar I have put away my old Galaxy S4 - I'll just have to find it ... and hope that it hasn't sccumbed to Samsung's malaise of batteries eventually beginning to bulge, ending up two or three times their original size.

Comment

Originally posted by Medamanaman View Post
          All my devices since 2012 have been rooted.
          This is why the app crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
            This is why the app crashes.
            Strange - I wrote an answer yesterday, but something appears to have gone wrong when I sent it - and the next message, as both seem to have vanished. So:

Well, I played Eternium on three different rooted devices since, I think, November '20, always without the slightest problem until the arrival of version 1.8.x - so... no, I don't think so, unless, that is, some master brain in dev land introduced routines to ferret out rooted devices and arbitrarily exclude them.​​​

Comment

We had to roll the forum back a bit to fix a broken software update.

I responded to your post yesterday, saying that starting with 1.8.x on Android, Google does not allow modified apks to run Eternium - this includes rooted devices and emulators, which use mirrored apk sites to install the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
                ...modified apks to run Eternium - this includes rooted devices and emulators, which use mirrored apk sites to install the game.
                So - it does not matter that I do get my apps straight from the Play Store, including 1.8.x?

Comment

Originally posted by Medamanaman View Post
                  So - it does not matter that I do get my apps straight from the Play Store, including 1.8.x?
                  Apparently not. I've had multiple reports from players using rooted devices who can't launch 1.8.x. Those same players are able to access the game using non-rooted Android devices, so it's not an issue with the game data.

Comment

• Medamanaman
                    Medamanaman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's really, really bad.
                    Ah, well, I won't fling any curses/imprecations/insults at whoever came up with that "brilliant" idea, and instead try to see the positive side of this ... state of affairs: as far as I can tell, in the past two-and-a-half years, I spent roughly 90 minutes a day playing Eternium. [A serious, if not very good, player; in ANB, IIRC, I only once managed a better result than #40 on the leaderboard.]

So, in the NEXT thirty months I will have somewhere in the region of 1350 to 1400 hours free to do something else.
                    Last edited by Medamanaman; 08-14-2023, 07:06 PM.
                Working...
                X