This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB League FAQ

Given all the questions regarding the ANB Leagues, here's my attempt to consolidate those that I can think of and have seen recently. I'll keep this topic open so people can add more and I'll update the main post below.

Official announcements:Leaderboards for Events can be found in either the:
    Last edited by Nhat; 04-20-2020, 03:16 AM. Reason: added link to latest ANB format
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Also see: A simple explanation about ANB for basic info, with pictures!

How often do these events occur?
    • We honestly have no idea, there's no schedule nor any advance notification - you'll see the icon in the game, or a player may post an alert.
    • Based on previous events, seems to be roughly every 3 months.

How are the Leagues structured?
    • The event is done over 3 Leagues: Bronze, Silver and Gold
    • Latest League runs for 8 days, starting on Saturday 19:00 UTC (adjust for your timezone...)
    • Each league have their own set of rewards and you start a new Hero for each of them

What carries over from the main profile/account?
    • Gems
    • Glory
    • Crafting: Level, Perks & Recipes
    • Medals
    • NO - you cannot claim Season's level rewards with your ANB Char/Hero
    • Attempting to claim anything else from the main account is "questionable" - better safe than sorry, don't do it!

How can I enter the Bronze League?
    • You must have a Hero at level 30, or higher, in you profile/account
    • You'll see the event icon on the left side of your Gear page: light blue circle with Bronze wings.
    • Wait until the event start and press the yellow "Create Hero" button in the event details page.

How can I enter the other leagues?
    What's the difference between the different Leagues?
    • Each League have different gameplay time limit and different leaderboard ranking brackets and medals:
    • Bronze: 12 hours; Medals for Top 1000 (Fortitude), 500 (Tenacity), 250 (Fortitude), 100 (Tenacity), 50 (Knowledge), 10 (Vigor)
    • Silver: 9 hours; Medals for Top 500 (Fortitude), 250 (Tenacity), 100 (Knowledge), 50 (Vigor), 25 (Knowledge), 10 (Heroism)
    • Gold: 6 hours; Medals for Top 250 (Heroism), 100 (Vigor), 50 (Heroism), 25/10/5 (Glory)
    • You'll get medals for all brackets, so if you get in top 250 for Bronze, you'll 3 medals.

How does the gameplay timer work?
    • The timer limits the amount of "in map" time you have during the league, once you've used up all the time, the event is effectively finished for you
    • The timer paused while you're in Home Town, viewing Inventory/Abilities/Minimap/etc.
    • Once the main event time is up, any left over gameplay time is lost.

Can I have more than one char per event?
    • No, you can only have ONE active char per event
    • Think of it as an account with only one Hero slot, can delete and recreate the Hero as many times as you like, but you'll obviously be back at level 1 (with any Champion Levels earned) each time.

Do I need to complete the specific Trial for the reward?
    • As far as I am aware, no. It's more of a "complete at least Trial X" thing, so you'll get the reward for Trial 10 if you complete Trial 11.

Do I need recipes to make Ephemeral items from the boxes?
    • No, Ephemeral boxes allows you to create any unique/set items, you do not need the recipe for them.
    • These are the 6 Epic Ephemerals that you get at: Level 70, TL 20, 30, 40, 50 & 60

What does "All crafting items will be ephemeral" mean?
    • With the significant reduction in the cost of Crafting, at the Blacksmith Ingrid, everything you crafted will disappear during the "end of event transfer", and will NOT be available for use in your main account.
    • These items currently cannot be Salvaged either, so if you're not using them anymore, you can just Sell them to clear up space.
    • The discount ends with the official event time, even if you haven't "ended" your Event hero yet.

When do the medals get sent?
    • Based on previous times, medals will be sent out about 1 week after each League finished - before the start of the next one
    • This is because the devs go through the results to verified them first.

What happen when the event finished?
    • Once the main event time is up, you can no longer start a new map with your ANB Hero, regardless of any remaining gameplay time
    • You can still manage your inventory and abilities for the Hero
    • The ANB Hero remains there until you decide what to do...

How long can I keep my event Hero?
    • You can technically keep the hero for as long as you want, but do note the following:
      • The event icon associated to the hero will remain in the left side of your Gear/Abilities menu - if you have too many, they will "wrap-around" and prevent you from pressing on the other icons
      • Too many Event heroes will also means your Heroes page will get very cluttered, and potentially prevent you from changing Heroes.
      • XP and items on the event Hero will remain separate until you do the transfer, see below.
      • You have been warned...

How do I transfer items/XP from ANB Hero to main account?
    • After the event finished, you need to press the End Event button in your ANB Hero's Gear menu, one of 2 things may happen, Read the prompt that appear carefully
    1. If you have an available Hero slot on the main account, one with a blue [+]: The ANB Hero will be transferred there and is now considered as one of your main Heroes
    2. If you do not have an available slot: The ANB Hero will be deleted.
    • Items (except Ephemerals) and XP are then transferred to your main account (see the "Ending the Event" post below for more details)

I've used up all the event time, can I end the event now?
    • No, you have to wait until the official finish of the event - after which, the [End Event] icon will be available.

What does the Celestial Transform do?
    • Celestial Transform "upgrade" an item (not Jewelry) to a Celestial by:
      • Pushing base damage/armor/block and the attributes bonuses to near max for the item's level
      • Add maximum Vitality - if the item already have a Vitality bonus, then you'll have 2
      • Bound the item to the Hero/char that you have selected then applied.
      • Item's Special Abilities, those in the orange text, are NOT changed by the transform process.

Should I use the Celestial Transform during ANB?
    • Yes, because it'll revert back afterwards during the "end event transfer" anyway, so you have nothing to loose - and it might help you get better leaderboard ranking.
    • Also, upgrading a crafted Ephemeral will also allow you to keep that item after the event; all other Ephemeral items will be removed.

Does a Reforged stat on a Celestial get near-max?
    • Yes, but you'll need to restart the game for the stat's value to get updated.

Does the improved stats remained when the CT'ed item revert back, as part of the "end of event transfer"?
    • Yes, the item's normal stats are left as is - only the max Vit and hero-bound thing are removed.

What happens to crafting materials gathered by the ANB char?
    • All crafting materials will be mail to the main account, similar to items ib the ANB stash
    (more to come...)
    Last edited by Nhat; 05-23-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSuchReality
      Basic advice.

Play the class you are most comfortable playing.

Identify your goals before you start.

Set a Gem budget for Bronze, knowing the Silver and gold likely follow shortly (one week gap last time)

Plan your play time and non-play time to your schedule. Do not rush your non-play time.

Make all major purchases at the beginning. I.e if converting gems to gold, do it at the start. If buying Endars for push at the end, buy them at the beginning.

Decide now how much you can boost your crafting level before tomorrow. Craft as necessary, but remember rare and occasional epic will carry you.

When the event starts, post pictures and questions if unsure. The forum is very helpful on the fly during the event.

Have fun and don't turn the event into a chore from pushing too hard.

Quick tips:

Starts early, get your Hero to level 70, then you can sit back and wait for the abilities to upgrade for a bit first

Prioritise your class' abilities - know what you need to upgrade first and keep it upgrading until you reached the desired level, useful to open at least the 2nd upgrade slot (400 Gems), 3rd is a bit expensive (900 Gems)

Craft XP jewelry every now and then - I did uncommons every 10 levels (using Gems), you can do Rares if you want - it gives you about 30% more than Uncommons, for 3x the costs.

With the reduced cost for crafting (although please note that ALL crafted items are Ephemeral and will disappear after the event, unless you apply the Celestial Transform to it) it's also recommended to craft XP gear while leveling every now and then. You don't need to craft Legendary or Set gear, unless you have a lot of mats (or Gems to buy the crates), but Rare/Epic normal gears would help a lot.

Boosters is a must for those with limited time...

Speed upgrade abilities help with Synergy levels, it costs 43 Gems to get each ability from level 1 to level 5 (or 18 for 1 to 4) - budget accordingly...

Initial Trials progression, with XP gear:
      • Pick a favourite boss - they are on a 5 Trials rotation, 1/6: Magroth, 2/7: The Broken Dragon, 3/8: Elban, 4/9 Garm, 5/0: Kara
      • Keep doing that trial until you clear it in under 2 minutes or so.
      • Then move up 5 trial levels, so you're facing the same boss again and repeat...
      Keep doing that until near the end of the event, then just go as high as you can - some leave about 1 to 2 hours of gameplay time for the final push, after swapping out to Push gear (no XP)...

Gems cost for Event Hero, total 1,545
      • Inventory rows: 5, 10, 15, 15, 15
      • Team: 25, 50
      • Abilities:
        • Attack: 5
        • Utility: 10, 20 (at level 51)
        • Passive: 25, 50 (at level 55)
        • Upgrade: 400, 900 (same as normal)
      • Stash pages: free - 6 pages unlocked
        • This Stash is only for the Event Hero, you don't get to "keep" it, even if you keep the Hero after the Event.
        • You get 2 Rows for each page for free, the rest are unlocked with Gold (same price as normal)

There seem to be a bug with this - the game occasionally fails to connect properly on startup, and doesn't recognise your ANB hero, so you end up with the normal unlocking cost instead. If the prices doesn't match the above, exit and check your device's connection, then restart the game.

Sample Gems usages, from my Silver #1 run
      • Unlocks: 1,545
      • Boosters:
        • XP: 200 x13 => 2,600
        • Currency: 75 x2 => 150
      • Jewelries: 3 Uncommons = Total: 156
        • Level 2: 1 => 3
        • Level 10: 2 => 6
        • Level 22: 5 => 15
        • Level 31: 7 => 21
        • Level 40: 10 => 30
        • Level 50: 12 => 36
        • Level 60: 15 => 45
      • Abilities: Total: 43 each ability, Warrior have 21 => 903
      • This may have been a bit much, going to level 4 probably would have been enough, and reduced the total to 378, which was what I did in Gold #1, and will be doing for ANB League #2.
        • 1 --> 2 = 3
        • 2 --> 3 = 5
        • 3 --> 4 = 10
        • 4 --> 5 = 25
      Last edited by Nhat; 01-13-2021, 03:10 AM. Reason: Removed leveling tips and links, since they're no longer relevant after all the recent changes...

Comment

Ending the Event

At the end of the Event, you can press the "[End Event]" button in the top right of your Event Hero's Gear menu:
        (screen shots are from a much older version of the game - the process is still the same though)

Click image for larger version  Name:	01.png Views:	3725 Size:	151.4 KB ID:	153790Click image for larger version  Name:	02.png Views:	3745 Size:	196.6 KB ID:	153794

Pressing to button will open a prompt to confirm ending the Event, which also tell you what will happen with your Event Hero.

If you're planning to keep your Event Hero, make sure you have a Hero slot available (one of the 5 normal slots) - either by deleting an existing Hero that you want to "replace", or use Gems to unlock the additional slot, if available. An available slot is one that have "New Hero" and the blue plus button.

To illustrate, normal account, before starting the event - only 5 slots

Click image for larger version  Name:	03.png Views:	3689 Size:	189.9 KB ID:	153792

After creating Event Hero, there are now 6 slots - same number of available and locked slots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	04.png Views:	3668 Size:	189.9 KB ID:	153789

Here, the event hero will go into the free slot, the one saying "New Hero", at the end of the event

Click image for larger version  Name:	05.png Views:	3645 Size:	190.4 KB ID:	153791Click image for larger version  Name:	06.png Views:	3650 Size:	201.2 KB ID:	153793Click image for larger version  Name:	07.png Views:	3626 Size:	190.8 KB ID:	153796Click image for larger version  Name:	08.png Views:	3657 Size:	201.8 KB ID:	153795

But, if I create another char, there's no free slot left:

Click image for larger version  Name:	09.png Views:	3634 Size:	189.9 KB ID:	153798Click image for larger version  Name:	10.png Views:	3609 Size:	202.4 KB ID:	153797

So if I want to keep the event hero, I need to:
        - delete one of them, "Test" or "Another" OR
        - unlock the next slot

So, what really happens to the Event Hero and items?

If you delete the Event Hero:
        • Converted Celestial items, via Celestial Transform, will have the maxed Vit removed (other stats will be left as is) and will be sent via in-game mail to your main account, along with the Celestial Transform
        • All items (gears and jewelries) marked as Ephemeral are removed
        • All other Event Hero's items will be sent via in-game mail to your main account, including Crafting materials
        • Event Hero's Gold is added to your account's Gold
        • Event Hero's Champion Level XP, if any, will be added to your account's Champion Level XP*
        • Event Hero will be deleted, and the Event Slot removed
        • The in-game mails will expire after 4 WEEKS - make sure you get your items before then

If you keep the Event Hero:
        • Converted Celestial items, via Celestial Transform, will have the maxed Vit removed (other stats will be left as is) and will be sent via in-game mail to your main account, along with the Celestial Transform
        • All items (gears and jewelries) marked as Ephemeral are removed
        • All items that were in the Event's Stash and Crafting materials will be sent via in-game main to your main account (expire after 4 weeks)
        • Event Hero's Gold is added to your account's Gold
        • Event Hero's Champion Level XP, if any, will be added to your account's Champion Level XP*
        • Event Hero will "move" to the available "normal" Hero slot - the Event Slot is then removed.
          • All items and unlocked inventory rows, abilities, team slots will stay the same for the Hero - except for converted Celestial Items, noted above.
          • Event Hero is now counted as one of your 5 (max) normal Heroes, and have access to all the shared things for your account: Gold, Gems, Stash, Champion Level XP
          • Anything that you haven't unlocked for the Hero now follows the "standard" costs to unlock - so best to unlock everything you can/want while still "in the Event"

Notes on Champion Level XP:
        • We're talking about the actual XP amount gained, not the Level.
        • Higher level needs more XP.
        • So if your normal account have CL 300 and your Event Hero got to CL 300 as well, the combined will give you roughly CL 450 (these numbers are roughly what I remembered for my account in the last Event.
        Last edited by Nhat; 05-23-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Mayteam* only items marked as Ephemeral are removed. I've updated to post to hopefully make it clearer

• draythomas
          draythomas commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, I am still unclear on something; my ANB character ended with about 810 offense CP and when the event ended only 32 of those moved over to my main, is that about usual? Thanks. (Still trying to figure out the events)

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          draythomas Keep in mind that your Champion experience transfers over to your mains, not the actual Champion Level. The actual XP it takes to reach Champion Level 810 is the same as the actual XP it takes to go from CL 1305 to 1037.

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
        (reserved for general gameplay tips, will include links to more detailed discussions and stuff...)
        Nhat, it might be helpful to reprint your guide on how many gems you will need to accomplish various activities (e.g., open up a second ability slot, upgrade first few abilities faster, etc).

I would add that if the goal is to just get to TL80 for the first celestial, it can be reached using the EE boxes and rare jewelry awards from the event. But if people want to go higher than that, they will need Legendary gear.

Comment

About how many story levels typically do?

Comment

Originally posted by jerry new View Post
            About how many story levels typically do?
            Usually only as far as map 20 - if you're doing the "farm CoW" method for leveling. The exception would be during Bronze, I suppose, since you have more playing time - some people go back and push to the 4th world for farming materials...

Comment

Ok, I've "fleshed out" the faq and tips section a bit more - went through the first 10 pages of "General Discussion" sub-forum. Will look through the "Players Helping Players" sub-forum next.

If anyone have any suggestions or questions, not yet covered in the FAQ above, please post them here, thank you.

Comment

• Mayteam*
                Mayteam* commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought I saw something about a time penalty about abandoning a level before it is completed? How can you farm trials or Canyon of Whispers and get out without incurring the penalty? Also, thanks so much for this guide! It is great to look at during ANB for us new folks.

• Nhat
                Nhat commented
                Editing a comment
                Mayteam* yeah, that was a "recent" change, so I believe most just go the Trial route now... will have a look through again and update

I have not tried the "farm Canyon of Whispers" before. I usually stop playing Story Mode at Broken Dragon. Is that a faster way to farm XP?

What I found is that some of the gear drops from earlier trials were valuable if you run the trials earlier rather than later. I usually go back and forth from story to trials as I level up to the enemy level of the next trial.

Thanks for your work on this guide!!
              Last edited by Ozymandius; 05-19-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
                I have not tried the "farm Canyon of Whispers" before. I usually stop playing Story Mode at Broken Dragon. Is that a faster way to farm XP?
                Not sure if it's really faster or not, I favour simple gameplay over efficiency, so CoW worked best for me, less thinking involved, haha.

For Bronze#2: Each run averaged around 30 seconds, with average 3 runs per level, so that's about 1.5 minutes per level, from 40 something to 70 => that's about 45 minutes. I've seen posts of people taking a lot less time, so don't know.

If you're lucky and get a lot of Elites, or craft more XP gear, then obviously things will go faster...

Comment

A very helpful thread. Many thanks, Nhat.

Quick note: gemstones in your celestial items aren‘t lost but sent to you as well when you end the event.
                  I‘ve read somewhere about unsocketting them and therefore left one inside intentionally.
                  Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
                  Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131
                  Bronze3: #1 BH (Nancy) TL143
                  Season1: #7 Warrior (Dekay) TL153

Comment

Not sure if it's really faster or not, I favour simple gameplay over efficiency, so CoW worked best for me, less thinking involved, haha.

For Bronze#2: Each run averaged around 30 seconds, with average 3 runs per level, so that's about 1.5 minutes per level, from 40 something to 70 => that's about 45 minutes. I've seen posts of people taking a lot less time, so don't know.

If you're lucky and get a lot of Elites, or craft more XP gear, then obviously things will go faster...
                    In my recent run, I did the CoW route. I didn't stop at the first three mobs though, I pushed across the bridge and took the four additional small mobs and chest on that side too. It didn't add much time, but seem to drop a number more books of learning and gear pick-ups. I felt (didn't take data) like the gear drops and books allowed me to keep my gear/abilities on pace with my leveling. It also provided enough gold to craft rare XP jewelry picking haste/power to buff through the attacks faster.

Excellent summary in the FAQ as always.

Comment

Ok, I think I've got most of them - there wasn't much more in the "Players Helping Players" section, nor the Archived topics. As always, feel free to add things or asks here, and I'll update things in the main FAQ.

Links to the various announcements, finalised leaderboards and other "what I did" posts have been added too.

Comment

45 minutes at CoW plus time to get there? How long did it take to get there so how long in total?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Pond View Post
                          45 minutes at CoW plus time to get there? How long did it take to get there so how long in total?
                          Bronze #2 took me roughly 1 hour to get to CoW, so it's almost 2 hours in total to get to level 70 - ran Warrior and did full clear of other levels, which obviously takes longer than the "rush" suggested. My best was around 1 hour 30 minutes total, again Warrior - I'll do rush in Silver and see how much I can improve on it...

I think Martin (on Discord) took 45 minutes in total with CoW, and there were posts there of people taking only 20-30 minutes or so - not sure what class those were...

Comment

Working...
                          X