X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mahara
    commented on 's reply
    @Wispy
    that i can't imagine at all. if i don't get atleast 6 hours of sleep a day then i am no fun being around at all

Guest commented on 's reply
    mahara I've had less than 2 hours sleep in the last 2 days so my brain and memory is even more wonky than normal lol

Yes, trial gold will be in that 15 - 20k range

• MetalMan
    commented on 's reply
    thank you both for explaining. I _always_ killed the boss in ANB Bronze and Silver (Stalker BH), and I thought that was the main reason why I reached only TL99 both times (yes, got stuck with freaking Garm twice). I made a bunch of other mistakes as well, and I am still trying to figure out which ones were the worst.

• mahara
    commented on 's reply
    don't forget i did silver on 650 gem budget
    I never said you can't farm gold before your XP farming in trials plus how much gold will you get from trial with gold gear? 15k? 20k? Just not worth it imho

mahara but the post is about testing a low budget account. Agreed if the second you hit level 70 and have gems to buy the crafting pack and instantly make legendary exp gear, then ELR will fly up to TL70 farming extremely quickly

It really depends on what stage you are at in building your gear and materials. I always kill the boss for the Books of Learning, materials and gemstones and only abandon if the game decides that I need to go hunt for some obscure passage to find the final mob to spawn the boss.

• Rayn
    commented on 's reply
    I always kill the boss because my current focus is obtaining upgrades for my main BH, which means that I need the crafting mats! I think grinding XP without killing the boss is better on certain classes. The boss usually goes down very quickly for me. During testing I found that the boss accounts for around 12% of the total XP from a trial. So if it takes you less than 12% of the total time of the trial to kill the boss, you are doing great. Any time longer than that would be the “cost” of the drops from the boss.

• MetalMan
    commented on 's reply
    I read earlier in this thread that the correct way to farm XP in trials is to abandon without killing the boss. But if you don't kill the boss, how do you get gems in trial? or do you apply gold booster only when pushing trials?

• Montresor
    commented on 's reply
    GMC at early levels is turbocharged. round 'em up and blow everything out of the water with one shatter proc. i didn't do full ELR, but maybe i will next time- it took me 31 minutes to get to char level 70 which was longer than i wanted. switched to Arcanist around TL 25, which was when mobs started surviving the first shatter. but arcanist is kind of a slow starter until AR gets higher, at least for me, so will probably play around with a throw away character in between events to see where the sweet spot for changing over is.

last did TL 60 in 2:55 at 1 hour in, but could have been more patient with skills, and that was without having crafted an exp necklace, or a decent weapon.

• mahara
    commented on 's reply
    Seems like waste of time and resources since you can get from TL7 to TL 70 in about 10 minutes if you can make GMC and full ELR (If not, GMC alone will do, it will just take few minutes more). I'd rather make dedicated non set gear (rare or epic) and farm some gold in SM.

• Montresor
    commented on 's reply
    congrats on getting both CTs!
    thanks for posting. i farm gold strictly at SM, and keep a gold booster running in trials for farming gems. it's a surprisingly big haul of gems for each trial run.
    2 is good general reminder, agreed
    the caveat to three is the gems & resources you get from farming trials faster. if you can clear in 2 mins vs 3 mins, you're looking at 50% more gems and materials and books of learning. i have only done two ANBs so far, so i'm far from expert, and that balance might vary for different players. currently sitting on skills development in gold. 5:15-ish left and have only done enough to get a few CLs and enough gold to craft my first set of gear.

Easy enough to test exp gain and gold gain outside ANB. I think non set epics Exp, EG and Haste plus GMC set. Remove champion points to simulate CL200 - 400 and see how TL 40 - 60 goes
    Last edited by ; 05-05-2020, 03:59 PM.

• Rayn
    replied
    Well we did it! TL 100 cleared with 40 mins left on the timer. I bought one legendary crafting crate which I will do in all ANBs from now on, it made the initial part of the XP grind so much easier. I made a couple mistakes I consider to be pretty bad so I’ll detail here so others can hopefully avoid in the future.
    1. I stopped crafting weapons when I had a 76/73 and made my stalker set, ended up with 77 gloves instead of the 77 Ill Will I was looking for. Next time I will do as many weapon crafts as possible first and only craft gear once I have exactly the resources left to make one of each piece. This should allow me to maximize the rng on the weapons I want.
    2. during my push to 100, I cleared 95 fast enough to open 99. I tried 99 and couldn’t beat the boss, so I wasted around 8 mins of my timer. 98 was easy to beat in under 6:10 (I think I did it in 5 mins) and was a much easier path to 100.
    3. I spent too much time farming lower trials like 80/85 at 2.5 mins. The numbers to remember are 2:30/3:11. If you can clear 90 in 3:11, you get more xp than 85 at 2:30. The same is true for all 5 level jumps.
    4. I spent around 20 mins farming gemstones from SoA. This turned out to be a waste of time as I didn’t get nearly enough to make any sort of difference. I ended up not enchanting any rings. The extra 3-4 mill gold I could’ve gotten with that time from SM would have helped me have more craft attempts at a second 77.

I hope this is helpful for all those BH players out there! I started playing this game a couple weeks before this round of ANBs, and if I knew what I know now At the start of bronze, I’d likely have six 77s for my main. As it stands I have only 3, so will probably have to wait until the next round of ANBs to finish my set.

Leave a comment:

• Rayn
    commented on 's reply
    Right, sorry if I wasn’t clear. I was trying to compare the 2 methods, thinking that farming trials for gold wouldn’t be as effective. However, the fact that you would be gaining XP at the same time might make it worth it! I’m going to test it out on my main and see what I come up with. Interesting idea for sure!

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    I'm talking about farming trials not SM.
Working...
X