X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rayn
    replied
    So I’m stuck on TL109, only tried it once with my BH, Egwene, couldn’t beat the boss. I am only at CL1100 ish, been running XP gear the whole event (except jewelry). I’m staring at the leaderboards with 30 mins left on my timer trying to figure out how all of these guys in the top 25 got to 18-1900 CL. They don’t have any XP on their pushing gear. Did they farm with full xp gear and then recraft a dmg set? I feel like they had to. Is that even possible without spending an insane amount of gems?
    I’m trying to make a plan for gold, I think it’s reasonable for me to hit TL100 for the celestials, but want to make sure I’m doing it right.

Here’s what I’m thinking on a 4K gem budget:
    1. get to town, unlock second upgrade slot, start upgrading skills in real time for a couple days without leveling at all.
    2. unlock companion slots, a few rows of inventory
    3. buy XP booster and gold booster, play story to level 10
    4. Craft full green/blue XP gear, using gems for jewelry.
    5. farm trials to level 70, crafting new XP gear every 10 levels. Wait until I can clear each trial in under 2.5 mins before moving up.
    6. hopefully I can get to level 70 in under 60 mins. Save all +gold gear along the way.
    7. Craft blue assault gold farming gear, buy another gold booster and spend 30 mins farming severed mountain. Should get around 4-5 million gold
    8. craft legendary weapons, integralas mantle. Xp, ability, CR, CD.
    9. Finish act 1 to get robin
    10. at this point I should have 4hours + remaining. Go back to trials, farm to TL60, still 2.5 min rule but now jumping 5 levels when I move up to stay on Kara. Use epic boxes to complete a stalker set. Xp, ability, haste/power(whatever is best based on other stats). Craft legendary stalker pieces as able to fill open slots/upgrade worst items.
    11. as I get legendary ephemeral jewelry, make it XP, CR, CD, and ability/power/vit
    12. wait for all skills to be level 7+
    13. Farm to TL80, using XP boosters the entire time, then farm 80 for a long time to maximize crafting mats
    14. when all skills are level 9 with rapid fire, lethal shot and snipe all at 10, push to TL 100.
    15. drop back to whatever level I can do in 2 mins, try to craft 2 77s.

what do you guys think? Any tweaks needed for efficiency?

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Keaven yeah, TL90 have 1.628... times the xp as TL80, so 160% or less in term of completion time to make it worth it...

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers Nhat.

So roughly, trial 90 needs completing in 150% or less of the time taken completing trial 80 to earn more XP total?
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-24-2020, 04:19 AM.

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Keaven Can't really graph it for you because it depends on your clear time for the 2 trials in comparison...

Eg. I cleared TL65 in 2:00 and TL70 in 2:40, using the comparison ratio: [ 1.05 ^ ( Ly - Lx ) ] * Tx / Ty
    => ( 1.05 ^ 5 ) * 120 / 160
    => 0.9572...

A more direct comparison: TL70 grants 1.276... times the xp, but takes me 1.333... times as long to run...
    (basing on the existing, and seemingly consistent xp gain of +5% per Trial level, we'll need more data points to confirm/deny this...)

Which shows that I would have gotten more XP over time from running TL65 than TL70, and I would also get more items for salvage, since I can run 4x TL65 in 8 minutes, but only 3x TL70... This is a bit of an extreme example, due to how close the times are, but it kinda show that even a 5 trials jump at 2:00 clear time still results in a minor loss of xp/item overall...

Based on previous data tracking, mobs and bosses give a fixed amount of XP, scaled to the Trial level, it's not dependent on the Hero's level...
    Last edited by Nhat; 04-24-2020, 03:44 AM.

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sure it could be done, my point is that it's not worth the extra cost for a few medals. Better to just push with ELR gear after maximising XP farming. Decent rank will still be made.

• Montresor
    replied
    Keaven - agreed in principle about being costly to switch builds.

but i wonder if, given the two primary constraints - play time, and calendar time, does the clock time gained from increasing shatter power early outweigh the calendar time cost of the leveling? (resources can be bought if you've got gems or money)

on the east coast, silver started at 2:00 pm saturday. So, does committing Saturday afternoon, or even Saturday overnight, to level a couple of extra skills up to 6 or 7 provide enough power to gain enough savings in playtime to be worthwhile, and at what level is the cutoff?

i created a new mage to test out how powerful level 6 & 7 shatter skills are for trial running to level up to character level 70. cooking the skills right now.

Leave a comment:

• Rayn
    commented on 's reply
    My CL is 1318, but I don’t think that would have an effect on xp otherwise it would be doubly hard to level up as you got to higher CLs (each level requires more xp AND you get less per mob?)

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    If someone does a spreadsheet for that formula let me know lol.

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the data, brief check of mobs only xp gain confirmed the +5% xp scaling per trial level, so the existing xp grind guide by Coda still apply...

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    What was your CL? Based on speed running story mode a fair bit and adjusting enemy levels 10 above or below, I'm pretty sure hero level vs enemy level (or perhaps even trial level?) has some affect.

• Rayn
    replied
    So I ran a few trials and here’s what I recorded:

I was running with 0 +exp gear and removed my CLs from it as well so 100% EXP

TL 80: before boss -1.388M

Total: 1.571M

TL 85: before boss-1.779M

Total: 2.019M

TL 90:before boss- 2.29M

Total: 2.59M

TL 95:before boss- 2.82M

Total: 3.21M

TL 100:before boss- 3.71M

Total: 4.21M

Based on this it seems to scale linearly from 80-95, with 95-100 being a big jump. You can see that from 80-85 it’s an increase of 450k, 85-90 571k, 90-95 620k, and 95-100 is +1M

I know it’s a small sample size and there may be fluctuations, but you should be able to work out a rough formula based on time required to complete.

For example: if TL 80 takes you 120 seconds, that’s around 13k XP per second. If TL 85 takes 180 seconds, that’s only 11.2k XP per second, so you should run TL 80.

Leave a comment:

• Rayn
    replied
    I suppose it depends on a lot of factors. Maybe the best thing to do to test would be to run a few trials with 0% xp on your main and record how much experience you gain. I’ll do it today if I have time and let you guys know!

Leave a comment:

• Keaven
    commented on 's reply
    During bronze ANB with around 3,000% XP I raised about 7 CL in trial 80. Did trial 90 after and raised around 14 CL.

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Rayn +5% (from the 1.2.65 release notes) was the value before they changed the Trials difficulties in Nov 2019 - as far as I am aware, we don't know the new scaling values...

• Rayn
    commented on 's reply
    I believe I saw posted somewhere a formula for trial xp. I believe it was basically just each level offered 5% more experience. Can anyone confirm this?
Working...
X