Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    For latest formula and examples, see:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n236yo183...butes.xls?dl=0

• Maniac
    replied

Lemme preface with a big ty: this post is great and really helped me. Still does.

Buuuut...
    Just want to put this out there for any other noobs like me:

The formulas in here are quite a bit off. Ex using crit rate: P= C/(C+3500) doesn’t get me the correct numbers. And that’s not by any means the only one that’s off. So either I’m missing something or these formulas are out of date.

but the formulas are def not the focus here. There’s a lot of great info.

edited to say apparently someone had already pointed this out and I didn’t read. Guess who has two thumbs and feels dumb?
    Last edited by Maniac; 05-17-2020, 04:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Humus
    replied
    Originally posted by Rannasha View Post
    The constant used in the crit chance calculation (3500) appears to not be correct anymore.

I've taken 5 different data points on my Mage and they all match, to the limit of the accuracy of the numbers, the equation C / (C + 3000), implying that the constant should be 3000, not 3500.
    If you are interested you can copy the guide into a new post and just fix the things that have changed and the new one can replace this

Leave a comment:

• adjacentengels
    replied
    Originally posted by Rannasha View Post
    The constant used in the crit chance calculation (3500) appears to not be correct anymore.

I've taken 5 different data points on my Mage and they all match, to the limit of the accuracy of the numbers, the equation C / (C + 3000), implying that the constant should be 3000, not 3500.
    That was announced in the 1.2.65 release notes months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Rannasha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by Novex View Post
    Would you need to update this with Haste now or do we just substitute it?
    You sub it in, since Damage is still calculated using Attack Speed.

The change in Nov 2017 only means that Attack Speed is no longer a "base Atttribute/state" and is now calculated from Haste, plus other things (my latest post on Haste to Attack Speed calculations and one for Haste from Attack Speed)

Leave a comment:

• Novex
    replied
    Would you need to update this with Haste now or do we just substitute it?

Leave a comment:

• heyjude1971
    replied
    Originally posted by Debanjan View Post
    Means I have to know this huge amount of math for.playing a game? Don't I better quit?
    No need to fret.
    It's usually pretty much common sense. Like Xeros said:
    • If you're dying, you need more defensive skills.
    • If you're taking too long to kill things but rarely dying, try upping your offensive skills.
    Even people who understand what all the numbers mean and how they're related will still tell you to just do what works. Experimentation is more helpful than math.

Leave a comment:

• Xeros
    replied
    You don't need math. Math just allows you to fully understand what's going on and try to tune your character to a finer degree. Or you can just follow the green numbers, if you die easy increase toughness, if you don't kill fast enough increase damage. It's only as hard as you make it.

Leave a comment:

• abc127
    replied
    Originally posted by Debanjan View Post
    Means I have to know this huge amount of math for.playing a game? Don't I better quit?

Or just use the general guidelines!

Leave a comment:

• Debanjan
    replied
    FIGU BUXU YOXU 3083
    Last edited by Debanjan; 08-19-2017, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bishishi
    replied
    stat name?
    'recovery' to 'hps' (healing per second) or 'rps' (recovery per second), vitality increasing overall amount of time to recover and needing less per second. or can vitality be figured in? or armor, parry, dodge, block be taken out as doing the same as base life and vitality and increasing time to heal? just have a flat hps of loh and regen?
    Last edited by Bishishi; 06-29-2017, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Schmilo
    replied
    Corrected a mistake, 1 vit is actually 50 hp and not 62.5 .
    I'd forgotten i had +25%hp from CP

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    Stuck.

Leave a comment:

• Schmilo
    replied
    Originally posted by soios View Post
    Great Post, voting for Sticky here.

I have a question, do you know how to calculate the potential cdr from Attackspeed?
    It would be something like 0.25*2*Atsp, so ATSP/2. That being, the average cooldown reduction per second, in seconds. But practically it's useless, because it doesn't factor in abilities and specifics that interact with each other. Like the extra hit from frenzy, the bonus atsp from battlerage / rapidfire / bloodlust. Bloodlust would make you have a lower-than-expected CD, which means more frequent use of warp time, which means an even lower cooldown. You'd have to know the average uptime of such buffs to make use of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X