Mage Build for ANB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mage Build for ANB

Hi, I'm planning to start my first mage this ANB silver. Any tips on a good exp farming and push build?

Thank you for the help!

i'll still go ELR + GMC + FrostFire build
    Guide :

Comment

What Kurtcabage said!

Comment

Thank you! I'm following the ELR+GMC+ FrostFire build but I csnt finish tl120 in time, I died a few times and I got to boss with 2 minutes left. Here are my stats.

Any help and tips would be appreciated, trying to get the Glory. thank you !!

Comment

• kurtcabage
          kurtcabage commented
          Editing a comment
          at least you got 2 CT which is good.
          nice build tho

how much time left on your event timer ?

• Andriks Salvatierra
          Andriks Salvatierra commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I have 1 hour and 23 minutes left

Andriks Salvatierra
        wish you the best
        more important: have fun
        thank you
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Your items are good, stats look nice. Your abilities could be allocated better: you could've left frostbolt and nova at 7, upgrade beam to 10 (this is your primary damage source after all, along with thermal shock), upgrade passives to 6-8 (esp. glass cannon). Next ANB you can unlock that upgrade slot for 400 gems to make it easier Currently you can spend 20 minutes farming t80 for some books of learning and upgrade beam and glass cannon.

Apart from that, just practice on your main account, if you have a mage there - you'll start doing the mob phase way faster. On higher trials mob phase is 4-6 minutes, if it takes longer there's no time to get the boss down.

P.s. good job on getting that 77 robe - you saved 1000 gems from socketing that out of anb
          Last edited by bojck; 09-09-2020, 06:20 AM.
          Mage: Anba
          Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Andriks Salvatierra
            Editing a comment
            This is my first mage, so this is all I have. thanks for the timing, that's helpful.

Yes, this has been the furthest I've gotten on an anb, 2 ct's and a lv77 so I'm happy.

I'm currently running map from start to finish arc lightning mobs and casting nova, then immolate along the way. once at the end of the map, I start using beam.

When boss appears I use frost bolt, cast immolate then nova and then beam, repeat the process of casting nova/immolate in between. Is this a good use of abilities/time or could I be doing something better?

Thanks again!

• Montresor
            Montresor commented
            Editing a comment
            i'm much faster when i use less arc lightning when rounding up mobs. a little bit here and there is fine, and it does help with alacrity, but i find that moving farther for each iteration of nova / immo is faster, esp if you farm with DFA for double shatter. try to target vortexed mobs or elites with DFA. also note that DFA is a little slower on cooldown, so keep an eye on northern wind before you fire off DFA.

Good job for a first time mage!

I assumed you have frostbeam bracers - with them beam damage is about 50% of the total damage for push. Without it, it's five times less, so in this case levelling up frostbeam isn't that useful.

Comment

Regarding mob phase - for push you should definitely do large pulls, but I don't recommend pulling the whole map. When pushing it's best to beam as soon as the skill is ready. Prepare with nova so that northern wind is up, then immo, vortex (if available), beam, nova.

You can check some of my videos in the videos section - e.g. 154 garm for push, some of the others for xp farming...

Comment

• Andriks Salvatierra
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the tip, I'll look at your videos!

Originally posted by bojck View Post
            Good job for a first time mage!

I assumed you have frostbeam bracers - with them beam damage is about 50% of the total damage for push. Without it, it's five times less, so in this case levelling up frostbeam isn't that useful.
            Thanks! I don't have frostbeam bracers , 5 more glory to unlock it and not one dropped.

Without beam bracer, should I level frostbeam to 10 to make up for the lack of?

Comment

• bojck
              bojck commented
              Editing a comment
              Well you can get it a bit higher for that few extra percent damage... Just a suggestion - if you feel 130 is way out of reach, you can farm t80 instead for resources and books of learning that you can use with main.

While it is nice to have 62% ability rate it's a bit high imo for around t120. I myself would lower it to around 50% and gain some more power. But that's just my playstyle I guess.

CD,s at 50% are up most of the time anyway between moving, and atleast you can get some more crit rat/dmg or power/haste. But that's just me :P

And maybe it also depends on if you play phone or PC. Got to 149 on phone, will start the push again after this ANB tho.

Comment

Working...
            X