Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offhand Obfuscation Enchantment viability for an ELR mage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offhand Obfuscation Enchantment viability for an ELR mage?

I've had a mage since the first day I started playing a few months ago, but ceased playing her once she hit level 70. I was helping my roommate play his ELR mage this last ANB as he had to be out of town for the end. I've decided I now love the class, and had a total blast decimating huge swaths of enemies with whatever the Fire + Freeze explosion thingy that's opposite to the effect of shatter is called. I'm in the process of fully equipping her for testing, to see if I want to run my own ANB mage, and I noticed that offhand enchantments were a thing. I've been stubbornly BH exclusive so I've always gone with double Slayer enchantments.

The +100 AR is appealing, but the Obfuscation enchantment is intriguing. I'm using the Blizzard, Immolate Ice Beam approach, and had trouble at first adjusting to the commitment & timing needed when setting up and using Ice Beam. Since I generally want to get as far away from the enemies as is feasible and then set up the shot to hit as many enemies as I can (Thank you Snipe Stalker for lots of practice), taking up to 20% less damage from distant enemies seems like a nice cushion vs high TL Garm or Kara for instance. I of course have no practical experience with it, and it could just be trash. I don't recall hearing anyone talk about it, so if anyone has insight to offer I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by DethStrike; 11-03-2020, 05:18 AM.

Welcome to the guild!

We are not talking about Obfuscation, cause it is the standard for push. You can't put two slayers with mage, so that's the best option.

I'd recommend switching blizzard to frost nova - blizzard doesn't do any real damage when pushing, and does not trigger northern wind reliably. Also be sure to check the mage guide on the forum
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

Welcome to the mage club DethStrike
      bojck already answer all your question tho hha

and joint discord to get more and faster info
      Guide :

Comment

Thank you bojck & kurtcabage I am thankful for the response. I had assumed that the enchantment would be good, but I didn't want to be presumptive with so many pro players around here. I will switch back to Frost nova on your recommendation, I had switched previously due to picking up the idea from someone that it would be more useful in high trials. I love the rhythmic feeling that comes with balancing the procs. It's so much more peaceful than my panicked caveman bashing his keyboard impersonation, every time I run high BH Trials. I look forward to many exciting mage adventures going forward, and thanks again for the warm welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X