Question for long time players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for long time players?

It did not take me too long to realize I needed a completely new set of armor, weapons, trinkets, etc ... for mining gold, gems, and experience.

My question is do you have specialized weapons/armor sets for each dungeon master? They occur at regular intervals so it would be easy to know which monster you would have to battle.
    Last edited by mooredc54; 01-22-2021, 12:32 AM. Reason: Added some tags. Could apply to any class of player.

I doubt if there are 'many' players who have specific sets for each boss in each trial.

players usually have only one push set for the trial push.
    maybe there are some players who have played for a long time and have a lot of resources, they make several different weapons and sets for experiments, because you know ... to craft 1 level 77 item is not that easy, you will need a lot of resources for that.... and patience LOL.

for farming a little differently, each player usually has a different set for farming gold, exp and gems.
    Guide :

Comment

Lots of players have 3 gear sets. One for XP farming, where all pieces have XP on them. One for gold mining, with EG on all pieces and a 3rd for pushing with max damage. Which hero type you use is a personal preference. I have a separate set of EG gear that I run with BH. I use a warrior for XP grinding, and have push gear for all 3 hero types depending on which I feel like playing. While legendary gear is best for pushing and XP grinding, you can use rares (blues) to equip your gold miner who needs speed more than high damage or power.

Comment

There are different fight strategies for each of the five bosses, but I can't imagine anyone changing gear for each fight. You are correct they are ordered in sequence Magroth --> The Broken Dragon --> Elban --> Garm --> Kara then back to the top of the rotation. Some players chose to skip bosses that are particularly difficult for their hero. If you can complete the trial fast enough, you have the option to skip over a difficult boss. There are lots of threads about how to battle each boss and especially how to avoid their most deadly attacks. Check out this discussion on which boss is the least favorite:

Good luck! There is so much to learn when you first start playing, but after a while you will be able to answer other players questions.

Comment

I dabbled with changing belts to tackle Gorm, thinking that being immune to control effects would help. But it threw off my whole trial attempt because it altered how my warrior fought through the mobs. That actually left me LESS time to tackle Gorm, so I use the same gear, and studied up on tactics for each boss instead. In other words, I second Ozymandius's suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X