can i change hotkeys on pc windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i change hotkeys on pc windows?

i wonder if i can chang the order of skill on keyboard cause that one that comes on windows platform is totally a mess

Remapping keys is totally fine. Creating macros (a single keystroke that does multiple actions) is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
      Remapping keys is totally fine. Creating macros (a single keystroke that does multiple actions) is not.
      how can i remap them tho?

Comment

If you have a gaming keyboard, you can just use the software that came with it (like iCUE or Aura). If you have a standard keyboard, you'll have to use a 3rd party app.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
          If you have a gaming keyboard, you can just use the software that came with it (like iCUE or Aura). If you have a standard keyboard, you'll have to use a 3rd party app.
          can u suggest any 3rd party app?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Travis | Support Mgr. commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a gaming keyboard, so I don't have any recommendations. I'm sure you can Google it and find one that works for you.

notodog I used to use SharpKeys after I spilled half a bottle of Jaegermeister on my fancy customer led gaming keyboard, there was no amount of cleaning that could restore that poor guy. I pulled the generic keyboard out of the pc box and couldn't play any games without my key binds. Sharp keys is open source and has not frills or bonus features.

I planned on replacing the crappy keyboard the next day, but SharpKeys was effective enough that I bought another bottle of Jaeger instead and rolled with that awful hunk of plastic for months. You just install it, hit the + key, and modify the pop up window with desired key changes. Reboot after making new changes to avoid multiple keys activating on press.

​​​

Comment

Membrane keyboard FTW. I've spilled half a cup of coffee on this thing and it poured right out (along with some water to rinse it).

Comment

• DethStrike
              DethStrike commented
              Editing a comment
              What a clutch feature! That's awesome. I have both a questionably large appetite for coffee consumption, and aggressively wild hand and arm movements, that are veritable catalysts of destruction and natural mess makers. My wing span is like 7 1/2 feet, it's trouble. There could be a whole keyboard graveyard out there that I bear sole responsibility for after all these years.

Oh man if the tenets of Hinduism turn out to be the religion that guessed right, I'm definitely reincarnating as some masochists' keyboard.
              Last edited by DethStrike; 02-10-2021, 11:16 PM.
          Working...
          X