Critical rating and damage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical rating and damage question

First post, so "Hi" everybody. I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot from this forum, and have a MUCH better mage before long.
    I'm running an ELR mage, CL422, with an epic Fire Lily drop. 400% damage increase, and no chance of critical damage.
    Here's my question. When I equip something with critical rating or critical damage, my damage stats go up. Do I actually get that increased damage on every normal hit, just with no chance of of a critical hit, or is it disallowed because of the Fire Lily? I'm having a hard time getting good damage stats, because I've avoided CR and CD due to the Fire Lilly. I'd kind of like to start including CR and CD in my equipment so I can get past the Lily at some point, but don't want to have 2 slots wasted in the meantime if the damage increase does not actually apply.
    Thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to building my new equipment soon, once I know what will actually work for this point in the game.

Fire Lily negates Critical completely, so any Critical Rating & Damage stat is pretty much wasted... unfortunately, the summarised Damage calculation still includes crit, so it's not accurate.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks. I figured it was something like that but wanted to check to be sure.
      Now the question is, how can I raise my damage? I'm stuck at TL67, which just doesn't seem right since I'm at CL422. Is there a way I can post my character so people can see what I've done and give me some advice?

Comment

• Nhat
        Nhat commented
        Editing a comment
        Best way is to take screenshots of your gear, stats and abilities and post them here...

Have a look through some of the Mage guides for ideas, as well as check out the Gameplay Videos sections...

Ok, thanks. I'll start a new post on that.
      I hadn't thought of watching the gameplay videos. There goes some more time into this ridiculously addictive game. ?

Comment

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        And make some CL will help you reaching 1000 is pretty fast in anb and there is one running already

Which is another question I've been wondering about. I don't understand how ANB works. Anything. At all.

Comment

Welcome to both of you.
      Please read the ELR mage guide found here in the forums.
      Some quick basic ways to up your damage.
      Level your skills, mainly Frost Beam and Arc Lighting. Get AL to 10 ASAP increase of 25% attack speed and damage taken by target(s) and 20% less damage dealt by affected enemies.
      Better weapon and off hand.
      Boost your AR rating 1500 is recommended target.
      Best way to get AR cheap. Make jewelry. There is a guide on that around here too. Forget which forum it is tho.
      Some basic jewelry to get you going (rings and necklace) will prolly cost you about 500k each beside you gem with level 3 gems that match the stat on the ring, and they will/should hold you until TL110 ish.
      near perfect stuff will cost you 2mil gold each and takes near loads of top level gems each. I think each legendary takes about 80 gems.
      after AR Haste is your best friend.
      vitality and LOH (Life on hit) as needed.
      this is of course assuming you have the Frost Fire Sash.
      I think it’s only 10 Glory, buy if your don’t have it.

Gold farming.
      while you level up your blacksmith mastery, make a set of Green (uncommon) gear with %Gold on it, 2 ELR set items Rec hands and Chest, GM weapons and make blues for trinkets belt bracers with +fire damage. Pants and feet with +movement all with %gold.
      this will greatly decrease your farming time

Edit: tutorials are up-to-date for version 1.5.50. Please feel free to comment under each part or after the last one! You won't find a story mode or early trials tutorial here - I believe everyone enjoys the story mode in their own way, and it's not about using the optimal strategy, best stats, etc. The tips here are for
      Last edited by Otaliema; 09-29-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Welcome to Eternium! There is a lot to learn, but help is always given to those who ask for it.

Comment

Working...
        X