Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With ANB Bronze 13 extended, will be visiting friends in town!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With ANB Bronze 13 extended, will be visiting friends in town!

So, with the extension in ANB Bronze 13, I thought I'd just stay in town for 3 days longer than I had planned, letting my abilities mature, like aged cheese or fine wine. No better time to sit back and spend some quality time with our NPC friends in town at year's end!

Alarion has a new ethereal tea he'd like me to try, hand-grown in his own garden, to boot! Ethereal is a bit light for me. I prefer a full-bodied, dark. But that bearded slave driver gave me work all year (hmmm ... just like one of Santa Claus's elves). So, I'll likely schlep my butt over his place to try his tea out. I'm really hoping he has something with a little octane to add to it to make toddies!

Alice got me a room at her Inn, with 55" TV with free movies, free Wi-Fi, free minibar, free FULL breakfast -- none of that continental crap, mind you. I also learned she's planning something big for New Year's, but she's not telling, even over a few drinks. Supposed to be a surprise. I guess she can't trust me with a secret. Smart woman.

Morgan has some jewelry he wants me to look at. He's bringing over his loupe and microscope (like I have ANY freakin' clue to what I'd be looking at; I still don't know WTF a caret is.) On the other hand, maybe, just maybe, I can trade a lot of my junk rings and necklaces for a L77 piece or two or three, already CT'd with perfect stats and enchantments! Yes, oh, yes!, YES!!! ... ... ... ... Nah.

Ruby, rumor has it, is trying to offload some of her surplus before the end of the year, to reduce inventory fees, ahead of tax filing season. Perked my interest for some discounts. But it apparently comes with a cost. "Nothing is really free," she said to me, matter-of-factly, and with that how-the-hell-did-you-know-that look. Oh, well. You think a guy could get a year-end price break, somehow, someway. Shrewd businesswoman.

Liana has a New Year's dinner recipe she wants me try. Yes, you heard me right. DINNER. I'll tell her if it involves pork, sausage, sauerkraut, and dumplings, I'll be right over; otherwise, maybe it'll be "I have other commitments, raincheck?". Then, again, it is a free meal, from a secret agent of Anderran Secret Service, no less! What's the worst that can happen? I keel over from intentional food poisoning? HA-HA-HA! Ha, ha, ha. Ha-ha. Ha. ... Ahem.

Ingrid, of course, has been busy not only crafting for the Eternium troops but also making a ton of items to sell on Etsy. She has a few extra trinkets she wants to give me as tokens of her appreciation for doing business. Like Morgan, if she has any 77-items to give away, I'll certainly take them off her hands! Between you and me, though, I'm not expecting a lot; the word around town is she's VERY frugal. Know what I mean?

Gornathan wants my advice on getting into a new business over a few beers at the Tavern. Can't blame him for looking into other work, though. 'Cause I don't know of ANYONE that has EVER bought ANYTHING from him. Used car salesman is a vocation that comes to mind to try. Alas, I'll likely be paying for the beers. At least the bar pretzels, nuts, and potato chips will be free.

P.S. -- Forgot about Mitzu. Then, again, he's easy to forgot unless you want to unload hot items.
    Last edited by WarriorSeven; 01-01-2022, 12:20 AM.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

​​​​​​....do not underestimate Mitzu though... rumour has it he is the only who knows where to find Ragadam...
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      A rich stutterer with a secret like that. Who would have known? Maybe another spy in our midst?

I had to sign up just so I could post a reply. Love this. Such a nice break from the usual questions and complaints.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Forum, OldFartAtPlay. Thanks for the nice comment. As a newbie here as well, I thought I'd offer up something different (but familiar). Hope you feel you can contribute something different or novel, too!
Working...
X