Outside Interests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside Interests

Just wondering what other interests people have, besides gaming. I myself enjoy the outdoors, such as camping and hiking. Summer doesn't last very long here, so it's nice to get out while you can. Other than that, I will occasionally read a novel, or two, usually fiction, and sometimes I just like driving, with a couple of friends, to who knows where. Looking for old mining, or forestry towns, or just simply going somewhere we've never been before.

Nice idea.
    Outdoors and feeling one with nature definitely. Either just tending the garden at home or hobbywise surfing (longboard\bodyboard\wingfoil) and freediving\spearfishing on the local reef.
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

I tried to have a garden here, but there are alot of wild rabbits, and other critters, that would eat all the vegetables. All the netting and fencing did not deter them either, so we bought a small greenhouse from Canadian Tire, and that made a big difference. I tried surfing years ago. There is a small town on the west coast of Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada, called Tofino, and an ex-girlfriend, and I went a couple times. It was pretty cool, but not really any truly big waves, which was probably a good thing, as I was a lousy surfer. I do like swimming, though.

Comment

Mine are quantum chromodynamics, glazed donuts, and Saran Wrap.
        “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• Satyrpunk
          Satyrpunk commented
          Editing a comment
          Had to look up quantum chromodynamics. Never heard of it before today. That's pretty awesome.

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          Those were the first 3 things that came to me as a lark when I took the time to edit my profile

But ... I must say, the Strong Force interactions between nuclear quarks and gluons at least sounds interesting!

Nice long country walks whilst I ponder the next video series or musical composition. Aside from that, at lot my current free time is being spent gaining the trust of a cat that took up residence under a garden bush back in April - having asked around, he was a rescue cat and the person who took him in subsequently passed away. It's gone from being the most timid thing (although still very skittish) to (as I type this) sleeping on my bed having polished off a hearty meal of cat biscuits and a meaty chew stick

Comment

• Satyrpunk
          Satyrpunk commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!

• WarriorSeven
          WarriorSeven commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome story!

• Blackhole
          Blackhole commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got a note from my vet today, saying they wanted to talk with me since Coal is now officially a senior cat. Chibee is 10 years older than he is! BTW they are both rescues (as is Jazz at a mere 6 years). Hope you both have many more years of warm laps.
          Last edited by Blackhole; 06-28-2023, 01:20 AM. Reason: Auto correct didn't like Chbee's name.

I enjoy walks in the moonlight, dinner with friends and the sounds of rain.

Oh wait, "I possibly may have read that somewhere."

Though it seems like something I might do.

~S~

Comment

• Satyrpunk
          Satyrpunk commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be pleasant and relaxing.

I like music a lot. I listen to almost everything, but mainly roots rock, jazz and classical. (Going to see Jason Isbell this weekend, can't wait). I also play guitar a bit but I'm really, really bad at it.

Comment

Last night I got drunk and stole a car
          DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
            Last night I got drunk and stole a car
            Back in the mid-90's, in the days of little to no security, my friend and I would take my truck to a recycling facility, in the dead of night, load two cubes of aluminum cans in the back, and then sell them to another recycling facility the next morning. We made around $600 a cube. Blew most of the money partying, but, hey, it was easy money.

Comment

• Arawn
              Arawn commented
              Editing a comment
              This is actually better business advice than I ever got in my college finance classes
          Working...
          X