Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarriorSeven
    commented on 's reply
    There's no imposed game time penalty, per se (I think at one time there was years ago). But as you infer, the biggest time hits by not vanquishing the enemies at the getgo are: the accumulated recovery/reset time from your dying, plus the dispersement time of the attacker(s), plus the time to re-chase and/or regroup them.

It's sometimes difficult to appreciate how much gameplay time is utterly wasted when you are not efficient in the kill in the first place!

• TrentRiver
    replied
    I have been clearing the map from start to back sometimes I forget the nooks and have to double back. Been Gathering or sucking in largest mobs I can along the way think sometimes mobs are too large and take while to finnish.
    Being able to afford boosters for the whole event makes a difference in trying to get high CL so strong enough 12 hrs 24 booster 200 gems a pop alot of gems 9 hrs 18 boosters then 6 hrs 12 boosters need a good gem supply. I get the 100 gem a day deal every month plus the daylies but still not enough gems to cover cost of everything so have to buy a event package that has gems and boosters depending if it is a pay week for me lol
    so Bronze least gems then silver will use more and gold go all out for gold I get the bounty package with booster gems and master crate around 40 dollars

Leave a comment:

• Ender1970
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a time penalty for dying? Or any other penalty besides the disruption in fighting and the mobs dispersing?

• WarriorSeven
    replied
    It took me a while to develop an attack style in trials. For me, there are 3 things I try to focus on, rather than running around like a headless chicken haphazardly without a strategy.

1. I rely heavily on the mini-map as I methodically progress around the main map edges in either a clockwise or counterclockwise direction -- without deviating. That includes attacking ALL nook and cranny areas with single enemy or mob presence. As I traverse around the map, I don't backtrack (I will eventually end up where I start--full circle). If I see enemies toward the center, I goad them into attacking me or I directly attack them as well, but I immediately return to the map edge after the kill to continue my clockwise (or counterclockwise) search and destroy strategy.

2. As importantly, I think, is to be efficient in attacking, I rely on my use of active attributes to tell me when to use them. Their status icons appear near the upper left corner of the screen to indicate which are enabled at that moment.

3. Finally, and especially when pursuing CL points in ANB, I really, REALLY try hard to not die in any map BEFORE invoking the boss. This obviously takes lots of practice as you learn to effectively use your gear in combination with the selected attacking attributes. When I have to, I kite my champion to avoid direct enemy missiles and traps. This significantly shortens my time to finally engage the boss while also accumulating the most CL points for the time engaged in the TL map.

There are other methods, of course, which you could try that best fits your style of play. Part of the game dynamic is this exploration and adaptation of a "best" strategy vs. having none.

Leave a comment:

• Gargos
    replied
    Yes, sometimes you have to spend valuable trial time seeking mobs you might've missed. I hate when checking th minmap and seeing an area over the other side I've missed. Valuable seconds missed seeking the necessary mobs.

Leave a comment:

• TrentRiver
    started a topic My biggest Problem in Trials

My biggest Problem in Trials

I need to figure out a way to get the Boss to come out sooner. Most times almost everyone Is dead before the boss comes out and is usually around 2.5 to 3 mins then around 1.5 to 2 mins to finnish.
    Need a better playing style
    that's at 119 better gear would help higher cl in anb only so much with 1600 cl and 150 synergy not the resources to keep crafting for better gear have to be play style techniques to draw out the Boss man sooner
    Last edited by TrentRiver; 01-06-2023, 01:17 AM.
Working...
X