Thoughts on first perfect jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on first perfect jewelry

I recently started playing Eternium and now have a warrior with a CL of about 830 using fury gear. Still need a lot of glory to get the patterns I need. But am about to see about crafting some perfect jewelry. Since doing so is a huge time sink, I looking for something that will remain useful for a long time. Thoughts on the matter.
    1. After CL 750, all points go into power, hence over time, the power in one's gear has diminishing returns. So power in jewelry becomes less useful, so investing in power is contraindicated.
    2. I intend on eventually getting a Fire Lily as a trinket. Hence crit attributes are also contraindicated.
    3. Because of the resource investment, I intend the jewelry to be fully useful for all three classes.

Due to the above constraints, I'm thinking Ability,Haste, Vitality, Life regeneration, and Life on Hit are the best attributes to aim for in the jewelry. But haven't decided on the long term priority for them. For example, the eventual use of Celestial Orbs would reduce the usefulness of Vitality.

Any comments or thoughts on my best direction?

What are your long term goals for the game? Do you like to experiment with various builds or are you mostly interested in getting as far as you can in trial levels? A warrior build with Fire Lilly is fun and great for getting to around TL 100, but it doesn't give enough of a boost for higher trial levels. You are eventually going to want crit damage on gear and rings. Before putting a lot of effort into jewelry crafting, spend some time studying leaderboards. If you look at the Warrior leaderboard for the current season, you will see that most of the top 100 are using Juggernaut gear. However, you will find some examples of 6F builds in the top 100, and you can look at what stats they have on gear and rings.

Comment

...complimentary to the above response:
      Start saving those jewelry boxes (blue, rare perfect jewelry} from ANBs\Season rewards/war supplies.
      If you make jewelry in ANB, also save any perfect green jewelry you might get.

By the time you accumulate anything between 3 to 8 boxes , you should have worked out which stats you want for which toon/class/build.

In the medium to long run you will have more and more extra resources available and eventually every toon will have his perfect/near perfect jewelry.

If you have XG and/or XP farmer toons consider making pure XG and pure xp jewels at around 130% each. This will surely boost your upgrading path if you are still below CL 2000ish, after that gold outside ANBs becomes less relevant and xp becomes incredibly slow to progress after CL 2200.

Last but not least, once you do get to that glorious day of crafting your first near perfects, do make sure to plan, reread the guides and take your time to avoid silly mistakes or accidents.

Good Luck
      Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
      [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

Originally posted by Vedova View Post
        What are your long term goals for the game? Do you like to experiment with various builds or are you mostly interested in getting as far as you can in trial levels? A warrior build with Fire Lilly is fun and great for getting to around TL 100, but it doesn't give enough of a boost for higher trial levels. You are eventually going to want crit damage on gear and rings. Before putting a lot of effort into jewelry crafting, spend some time studying leaderboards. If you look at the Warrior leaderboard for the current season, you will see that most of the top 100 are using Juggernaut gear. However, you will find some examples of 6F builds in the top 100, and you can look at what stats they have on gear and rings.
        As for getting to TL 100, I'm already at TL 105 with "non optimal" gear. I've only played two ANB events (the most recent Gold and Bronze) and got to TL 87 on the Bronze with my only knowing two Fury crafting patterns prior (due to Glory from the Gold). So far, I'm finding Fury rather fun to play, but will need quite a bit of Glory to get the patterns for the other sets plus trinkets, etc. I have reviewed the forums and am glad to be warned about the league upgrade upon hitting TL120 in ANB events, so intend to stay below that threshold until I've gotten better equipped (although getting a second Celestial Orb is quite an incentive to push past that threshold). I will take your advise about the leaderboard as regards examining 6F builds, but will hold off on other builds due to requiring Glory for other items. After I've gotten all the patterns I want, I'll see about buying patterns for other sets (along with patterns for other classes, I intend on getting a bounty hunter for the next ANB and leveling it to at least 55 in order to grab the ability, companion, and inventory slots at reduced cost).

Comment

• Gargos
          Gargos commented
          Editing a comment
          The second Celestial Transform is at TL 110 in ANBs. If you beat TL 120 you move into Master league, you're already in Veterans. With a Warrior Fire Lily is optimal up to about tl 70 or so. You can keep pushing it further but it is nowhere near as effective as a critical build. You notice the difference pretty quickly. 6F is fun to play, and with good gear and skill you can beat trials into the 150s. Difficult, but possible. But not with Lily

I'm guessing you have read this, but in case you haven't...
        Special Thanks to my dude Splendor for grammar checking :) Basic rule on how to craft perfect / near perfect jewelry : 1. Always aim for "Max Stats" uncommon Jewelry. 2. Do not use gemstones on non-gemstone Attributes! This will prevent you from receiving the bonus. 3. Have Fun :cool: Part 1: Maximum stats to aim

Comment

Look at the leaderboards to see what attributes the most competitive players are using. For BH it is Haste, Power, Critical Damage, and Critical Rating with CD on all gear.

Comment

Going for Ability, Haste, Vitality, Life Regen, and Life on Hit in your jewelry sounds like a smart move considering your goals and the diminishing value of power in your gear. Just keep in mind how items like the Fire Lily trinket and Celestial Orbs might shift the usefulness of some attributes down the line. It's all about finding the right balance that fits with your play style and future gear setup.

Comment

Life regen is not usually recomended nor is life on hit.

Would suggest you reconsider fire lily for 6 fury too. Crit build for 6 fury will take you higher than lily fury (personal experience confirms this). Would suggest critical rate, critical damage (use jewellery box rares for a pure crit d epic if available), then two out of haste / vitality / ability.

Would also strongly endorse reading the ring crafting guides as suggested earlier. There is a spreadsheet which allows you to experiment with ring and gemstone combos. It predates spirit stones however. Also, near max values do not necessarily require perfect items (something in how the game does the maths I believe).

You will end up adjusting your ring/necklace builds once you have started to build your celestial transformed main level 77 set(s).

Before getting into it, you will need a reasonable stash of gold (perfects or near perfects are not cheap) and gemstones. Do not use the red gems to buy rings or necklaces though. Also make sure to use the right gemstone with your chosen ability (emeralds for vitality, etc). Not everything has a matching gemstone though so pay attention to what you socket.

Good luck with your ring crafting!

Comment

Working...
              X